Night School (Night School, #1) Night School discussion


423 views
Sylvain vs Carter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Sandra Night School is surprisingly one of my very favorite books. I love it so much! Who do you think is better for Allie? Carter or Sylvain? I'm on team Carter so far. :)


Sabine Carter, he's just better for Allie, he speaks the truth and helps her instead of keeping secrets for her. And it might help a little that, in my mind, Carter is just really hot xD
And, well, Sylvain sometimes just acts like a jerk.


Sandra :) agree


message 4: by S.i (new) - added it

S.i Carter he's so sweet and mysterious, Sylvain is weird mysterious but both hot i just can't decide. XD


Sandra S.i wrote: "Carter he's so sweet and mysterious, Sylvain is weird mysterious but both hot i just can't decide. XD"

hahaha. You'r right. :)


message 6: by S.i (new) - added it

S.i Who do you like? Can't wait for the second book :) btw


Neige I am unable to choose between Sylvain and Carter. if I was Allie, I do not know what I would do. Carter is dark, mysterious and beautiful. Sylvain is beautiful, nice, protective and friendly and has beautiful blue eyes. I think I still would choose Sylvain because Carter is too possessive, it does not allow Allie to be friends with sylvain. he did not trust Allie.


message 8: by S.i (new) - added it

S.i Well sylvain did try and force something on her


message 9: by Leah (new)

Leah Carter because my favorite color is orange and a vegetable that's orange is a carrot and carrot plus fart is carter so i like Carter best


Sophie I would have probably said Sylvain near the beginning of the book because Carter was being all broody. However, after Carter opened up a bit and Sylvain got a bit abusive, I think I would now say Carter but who knows, Legacy may change my opinion yet again.


Tarnya Rutheford loved carter in the 1st book then in the second now i have just finished the 2nd one its now sylvain


Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination) I know a lot of people switched teams after reading the first book (I haven't yet, though), but I would never ever think/look back to a guy, even if he is 100 degrees hot, if he tried to molest me. Ugh.. If that's not a deal breaker in a relationship, I don't know what is! So my choice is obvious - Carter, although.. He seems like Edward Cullen to me. Just more bad ass I guess. So idk. I wouldn't choose either for me, but I think Carter is better for Allie.


Tarnya Rutheford i did when reading the frist book but carter changes in the next book he is just not nice in it witch was a shame as i really liked him


Ellie I feel like such a bad person about saying this. But i think i'm team Sylvain.. I know he was a huge arse.. But Carter in the second books becomes a bit of a dick when she just hangs out with Sylvain. With Sylvain actually being there for Allie. Naughty me.. I know. xD


Caitlyn Personally I find Sylvain pretty unappealing. There's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me, especially after the whole forced groping sess.
Just no.


message 16: by Caitlyn (last edited Mar 09, 2013 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Caitlyn Ghitte wrote: "Carter. Sylvain is just cruel I think, (SPOILER ALLERT) even in the end when he is sweet to her.
Carter isn't perfect but he's way better than sylvain..."


agree entirely. I just couldn't forgive him, no matter how many times he'd apologise. For me, the whole thing just sends out terrible morals.. oh it's okay to force yourself on a girl if you have super blue eyes, a handsome face and apologise a couple of times afterwards...


message 17: by Adelaida (new)

Adelaida Wadnípar estrada I think Sylvain is perfect, and even though Carter is perfect too, there's something that doesn't fit. He's so mysterious and at the beginning he was such a fool with Allie. So, I'm sorry but I choose SYLVAIN♥


Caitlyn I always find it interesting when people choose sylvain, he's such a questionable, slightly unsettling character in my opinion. Very curious. What is it that draws people towards sylvain?


message 19: by Adelaida (new)

Adelaida Wadnípar estrada Cait wrote: "I always find it interesting when people choose sylvain, he's such a questionable, slightly unsettling character in my opinion. Very curious. What is it that draws people towards sylvain?"

Ok, everybody has different thoughts, right? As there's people that loves Carter, there's a little percentage that prefers Sylvain ;)


Caitlyn oh certainly, i was merely curious to understand. :) why don't you elaborate on your feelings for me? :D


Carley Oh my gosh, when I first read that book I was like 'OMG I love Allie and Carter together, they're just perfect, I wish I could have a relationship like this myself', but I also felt some pity for Sylvain, even if I couldn't forgive him yet. But when I read Legace everything has changed for me! Momentally I started to hate Carter for being such an ass and I fell for Sylvain. You say you can't forgive him trying to force himself on Allie, but remember when Carter broke up with her, he was so aggressive and he's almost hit her. And Sylvain has obviously changed and now he is cute, hot, adorable, FRENCH, caring, handsome and loyaI, and he saved Allie's life twice (Carter never did). I bet he wouldn't do anything like that gross thing to Allie ever again. And Carter can go screw himself. With Jules.


message 22: by Caitlyn (last edited Jun 23, 2013 04:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Caitlyn Yes, this one's got it! ^

Although, Carley, I appreciate you sharing your views on the matter.
I of course, in no way, excuse Carters behaviour, but let's look at it this way, he's quite in love with the girl, they've been through a ton of stuff and she was the one girl that he actually thought was right for him.

Remember the conversation between the near the end of 'Night School'
right before their first kiss?


Of course he's going to be angry. I don't blame him at all for feeling frustrated. I would be! But you can't really compare the two, what Sylvain did is and was unforgivable, an angry outburst can hardly be compared with almost raping a girl.


Vivian For me, definitely Team Sylvain! <3 I know he's a huge jerk and all but... what can I do I just love the bad guys. And his French accent is a plus. Definitely. Hmm as for Carter... I can't really imagine him in my mind's head somehow, except for his 'dark blue eyes'? I like how he's so concerned over Allie and all. BUT *(SPOILER ALERT)* the last part with Allie and Sylvain just literally melted my heart and totally won me over to Team Sylvain. He's just so sweet gosh!! 8'D


Andrea I have not read the whole first book yet... (I am 20% or something like that) but I am team SYLVAIN!!! He is so nice and that corny stuff xD
And because I am a spoiler-adict... I see that Sylvain do something very wrong, maybe then I will change my choice, I doubt it, honestly...
Anyway... I think that Carter is cute and bla bla bla and is going to be allie`s choice at the end... :D


Juliana Sylvain. I haven't read any of the other books in the series yet. but something about carter makes me curious. and yet sylvain saved allie from the fire nathaniel created.


Juliana Cait wrote: "Yes, this one's got it! ^

Although, Carley, I appreciate you sharing your views on the matter.
I of course, in no way, excuse Carters behaviour, but let's look at it this way, he's quite in lov..."


Yes it is unforgivable but he was just drunk. And soon after he realized he actually did love her.


Caitlyn Juliana wrote: "Cait wrote: "Yes, this one's got it! ^

Although, Carley, I appreciate you sharing your views on the matter.
I of course, in no way, excuse Carters behaviour, but let's look at it this way, he's..."


Yeah, because 'just being drunk' has always been a valid excuse for anything, right? ;)


message 28: by Molly (new)

Molly Mcgilvray I think if Sylvain just dropped the preppy 'rich kid' attitude and showed more of his potential as a 'Night School' fighter type person like Carter shows then he'd be perfect :) Now don't get me wrong I love Carter but I hate his little anger spats he has. Major turn off. I think Sylvain likes Allie just as much as Carter does, if not more; he just has trouble showing it. HELLO?! Have you READ the last scene wit him and Allie?! Sylvain all the way baby ;)


Caitlyn No excuses to any type of anger issues here because that stuff is serious, but I think he's only getting so angry because allies being so careless with everyone's feelings, reckless even and doesn't tell him shit.. Not gonna lie, id be pretty mad too.
If she'd just been straight out honest with him, I doubt he'd been so frustrated with her.


message 30: by Molly (new)

Molly Mcgilvray Cait wrote: "No excuses to any type of anger issues here because that stuff is serious, but I think he's only getting so angry because allies being so careless with everyone's feelings, reckless even and doesn'..." I agree with the Allie part. I do think she needs a little attitude clean up. :/


Taryn Molly wrote: "Cait wrote: "No excuses to any type of anger issues here because that stuff is serious, but I think he's only getting so angry because allies being so careless with everyone's feelings, reckless ev..."

Yeah... I get where Carter's coming from. And honestly, Sylvain may seem all sweet and everything in Legacy, but he still creeps me out. Big time. I love Carter sooo much more than Sylvain. Allie's just being stupid at the moment. Hopefully Carter will win her back in Fracture. How many books are there going to be anyway?


Taryn Molly wrote: "I think if Sylvain just dropped the preppy 'rich kid' attitude and showed more of his potential as a 'Night School' fighter type person like Carter shows then he'd be perfect :) Now don't get me wr..."

Everyone has flaws. Carter has anger issues... so what? Beats being a total creep who can't seem to do anything other than attempting to date rape girls, then trying to win them back *COUGH* Sylvain. To me, Carter seems to care about Allie more than Sylvain does. And have I mentioned that Sylvain is unappealing and that he creeps me out?


Caitlyn Taryn, you're a star.
But regardless, who's excited for Thursday! Unforunately, I already know how it ends.. my friend won an early copy from Atom, but hey! Still excited to own a copy! Who has preordered it?


Taryn Cait wrote: "Taryn, you're a star.
But regardless, who's excited for Thursday! Unforunately, I already know how it ends.. my friend won an early copy from Atom, but hey! Still excited to own a copy! Who has pr..."


Awww... thanks. Actually, the second book isn't even out in the US yet, so forget about the third, I'm still waiting for the second. Thing is I don't even know when it's going to come out so...
All I know is that I'm always going to love Carter.


Caitlyn dang, you haven't read the second one? wasn't the best in my opinion, bit of a let down after the first one! surely, you can download it on amazon? (not sure if you have a kindle!)


Molly☯ Well at the beginning of the book I think a majority of people including me preferred Sylvain but obviously after the whole thing that occurred before the fire, I preferred Carter. I think it was sweet that although Carter has a reputation of letting girls down, he stayed with Allie and that proves to us that he does care about her. I hope she doesn't forgive Sylvain- I've only read the first book!


message 37: by Molly (new)

Molly Mcgilvray Taryn wrote: "Molly wrote: "I think if Sylvain just dropped the preppy 'rich kid' attitude and showed more of his potential as a 'Night School' fighter type person like Carter shows then he'd be perfect :) Now d..." Okay you made me laugh there, when you said ..." then trying to win them back *COUGH* Sylvain...." LOL I did lose all respect for Sylvain there but he kinda earned it back at the end of the first book....Aaaarrggg! I can't decide!!! *flips table*


Caitlyn Well, I think you've got much to look forward to in fracture then! One more day, y'all


Maryam I like Carter more, but in the second book he seemed a bit overprotective and I don't know. It's funny how in the first book the author made us like Carter and in the second book, we're kind of leaning towards Sylvain more. Can't wait till the third!!!!


Taryn Maryam wrote: "I like Carter more, but in the second book he seemed a bit overprotective and I don't know. It's funny how in the first book the author made us like Carter and in the second book, we're kind of lea..."

I can't wait for the second one!!! LOL... this is soooo unfair. So... how was Carter near the end of Legacy? Does he still have a chance with Allie? I don't care if Carter's overprotective in the second one. I'll still prefer him over Sylvain.


Maryam Taryn wrote: "Maryam wrote: "I like Carter more, but in the second book he seemed a bit overprotective and I don't know. It's funny how in the first book the author made us like Carter and in the second book, we..."

Yes he does have a chance with Allie don't worry haha, he seemed cool. You'll find out what I mean when you read it ;) and I also do think the main love story in the series is between Allie and Carter.


Caitlyn I'm a changed Woman after finishing Fracture. SCREW BOTH OF 'EM. From now on I'm team Allie!


Taryn Cait wrote: "I'm a changed Woman after finishing Fracture. SCREW BOTH OF 'EM. From now on I'm team Allie!"

LOL!!! Honestly Cait you sure have your own opinions about things don't you? :D


Taryn Maryam wrote: "Taryn wrote: "Maryam wrote: "I like Carter more, but in the second book he seemed a bit overprotective and I don't know. It's funny how in the first book the author made us like Carter and in the s..."

YAY!!!!! CARTER. CARTER. CARTER. CARTER. CARTER. CARTER CARTER CARTER


Caitlyn You haven't read Fracture babe, or even legacy :P so you just wait! ;)


Caitlyn tbh, i'd very happy volunteer if Allie does figure out her shit eventually and knows for sure she doesn't want Carter back.


Lorena Haro I am so torn, im not sure who i like most, maybe Carter because of the bad boy tipe and now that i read Fracture, damn, this friendship-love and relationship-love, im so messed up right now, Carter still loves Allie, so why to wake up early to do the gardenning? so confused..


Taryn Cait wrote: "tbh, i'd very happy volunteer if Allie does figure out her shit eventually and knows for sure she doesn't want Carter back."

I'm guessing you officially hate Carter now huh?(NOOOOOOO)


Caitlyn Taryn wrote: "Cait wrote: "tbh, i'd very happy volunteer if Allie does figure out her shit eventually and knows for sure she doesn't want Carter back."

I'm guessing you officially hate Carter now huh?(NOOOOOOO)"


hate? neverrrr. Just looking at things differently!


Taryn Cait wrote: "Taryn wrote: "Cait wrote: "tbh, i'd very happy volunteer if Allie does figure out her shit eventually and knows for sure she doesn't want Carter back."

I'm guessing you officially hate Carter now ..."


WHEW! (I know that gesture's kinda dorky but who cares)
I feel so left behind, it's not even funny, it's ridiculous


« previous 1 3 4
back to top