Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Hogwarts Founder Biographies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Day I think it would be really awesome if J.K. Rowling were to write biographies about the Hogwarts founders, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. They're really interesting people, as you can learn from chocolate frog cards on Pottermore. :) Anyone else think that Hogwarts founder biographies would be really cool?

message 2: by Avani (last edited Sep 22, 2012 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani That would be interesting! We could get more information on what the historical wizarding world was like, because all we get from the seven HP books is the modern-day wizarding world. It would be cool to see the founders' biographies, or even just a description or event that takes palce in the past wizarding world.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be really awesome! We don't really know much about them. I mean, we know their names, their views on the superior wizard (the ones they want in their house), and a bit of background on Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter (The Grey Lady). Even if it is a brief overview, it would be so interesting. I'm sure Rowling has something in mind, because she ha formulated a lot more about the wizarding world and the characters than she puts in the books.

Rolana That would be cool but so would a book about Dumbledore when he was younger.

message 5: by Gui (new) - added it

Gui I think a novel about the beginning of Hogwarts would be amazing. A book about young Dumbledore sounds great too, we could learn a bit more about his relationship with Grindelwald. There are so many possibilities of plots that could be developed into a whole new series of books.

Line There is potential for so many more books in the HP univers, but it's my believe, that HP related stuff there is to come, will onlly be 'published' on pottermore...

I would love it in bookform, but I don't think it will happen...

Jeni http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index/maste...

All sorts of lovely information here, including backgrounds on all the founders; each teacher, ghost, and student at Hogwart's and other schools; and all the herbs, spells, muggles, chocolate card figures, and anything else you can think of.

Here are the links for the founders' bios:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/fou...

Ciara I would love that! :)
I would definitely read it - it would be extremely interesting to find out more about them.