Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Leonardo Dicaprio

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A. (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:09AM) (new)

A. (almas) | 21 comments can't wait to see Leonardo Dicaprio as Great Gatsby

and nowadays I'm in the mood of watching a good film by him

I've seen

Inception
Shutter Island
The Aviator
Catch me if you can
The Man in the iron mask
Titanic (parts only)
Romeo & Juliet
Marvin's Room
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

what do you think my next one should be or what else can i see? some recommendations are highly appreciated...thx

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked him in 'The Departed' (M. Scorsese)

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Beveridge (xterminal) what do you think my next one should be or what else can i see?"

The Basketball Diaries. No question.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (brontesister) | 908 comments The first time I really took notice of him was in BLOOD DIAMOND.

message 5: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 51 comments I second The Basketball Diaries.

message 6: by A. (new)

A. (almas) | 21 comments Julie wrote: "The first time I really took notice of him was in BLOOD DIAMOND."

I, in the Iron Mask

message 7: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta I first noticed him in THE BASKETBALL DIARIES, but another film that really caught my attention is the much overlooked TOTAL ECLIPSE. I did not see WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE until years after it came out.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie (brontesister) | 908 comments Julie wrote: "The first time I really took notice of him was in BLOOD DIAMOND."

I should clarify that I'd seen him in other films before BLOOD DIAMOND, but this was the first time he really stood out for me.

I also liked him in THE AVIATOR.

message 9: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Mookerjee (adityamookerjee) | 12 comments What about the Bourne trilogy? It seemed he was the star, but he is not, in the movie. The actor is pretty great, but his name isn't well known, but he is as great as Dicaprio.

message 10: by Clyde (new)

Clyde | 19 comments Matt Damon or The guy in the newest one?

message 11: by Clyde (new)

Clyde | 19 comments The Departed for sure first and then Basketball Diaries is great too. Gangs of New York is a really good one but he was looked over because of Daniel Day Lewis I think.

message 12: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Mookerjee (adityamookerjee) | 12 comments Clyde wrote: "Matt Damon or The guy in the newest one?"

Matt Damon. He seems in some roles, a better actor than Dicaprio.

message 13: by Clyde (new)

Clyde | 19 comments I agree he has had some roles that were acted really well, but he doesn't have the range DiCaprio has when it comes to the people he portrays. I love that trilogy and Goodwill Hunting was great but he is always the boston guy excluding Bourne of course. I think he is a good actor but I dont think he is near DiCaprio. Only an opinion though

message 14: by Shanawaz (new)

Shanawaz Ali (shaan_d206) | 36 comments deleted user wrote: "I liked him in 'The Departed' (M. Scorsese)"

Yup he and nicholson made that movie great ... the scene where nicholson suspects him of being the rat is great

message 15: by Shanawaz (new)

Shanawaz Ali (shaan_d206) | 36 comments Clyde wrote: "I agree he has had some roles that were acted really well, but he doesn't have the range DiCaprio has when it comes to the people he portrays. I love that trilogy and Goodwill Hunting was great but..."

yup de caprio and johnny depp are in a class apart

message 16: by Clyde (new)

Clyde | 19 comments Johnny Depp is great but I have to be honest and say I couldnt get through any of the Pirates films lol. Dont know what it is but I can get into it at all. I am a huge Christian Bale and Edward Norton fan as well. Both are great in even some otherwise bad films.

Thing though about Johnny Depp is that he seems to be more accepted by both fans and critics alike. DiCaprio catches more trash talk yet gets Oscar nods for his talent.

message 17: by Shanawaz (new)

Shanawaz Ali (shaan_d206) | 36 comments Clyde wrote: "Johnny Depp is great but I have to be honest and say I couldnt get through any of the Pirates films lol. Dont know what it is but I can get into it at all. I am a huge Christian Bale and Edward Nor..."

maybe its because depp has played the protagonist more often some of the roles he plays are cute and adorable take Edward Scissorhands or Willy Wonka for example ... and pirates would have been a dud minus depp ... i love the character of Capt Jack Sparrow