Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Is this a good book to read for paranormal romance fans?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra So i ordered this book already because i wanted to find out whats the big deal, everyone is like talking non - stop about how good this book is. I personally read only romance or supernatural books. Sometimes ( really,really rarely adventure and mystery). I have read 2 or 3 dystopian romance books and i really liked them. Is there any romance or something like that in Divergent? Is this a good book for paranormal romance fans?

message 2: by AmareCallisti_Tallyn (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

AmareCallisti_Tallyn I love paranormal romance, and hardly read any other type of book!
My friends were also talking about his book non - stop, so I reserved it at my local library. I read it, and just couldn't understand what all the fuss was about, because, personally I thought it wasn't that good. I then told my friend I didn't enjoy it and she pointed out it's probably because the only type of book I read is always paranormal romance. Never any other type. And because Divergent doesn't have much romance in it and nothing paranormal, then of course I wouldn't like it.

Sandra Thanks. :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

There isn't much romance, but there still is some. There is kissing, but nothing more than that.

message 5: by AmareCallisti_Tallyn (last edited Sep 22, 2012 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

AmareCallisti_Tallyn Arielle wrote: "There isn't much romance, but there still is some. There is kissing, but nothing more than that."

Yup, and LOTS of action.

Melissa I don't like paranormal or romance and saw very little romance and nothing paranormal in this book. However, just because you like paranormal romance doesn't mean you won't like something a bit different.

message 7: by AmareCallisti_Tallyn (last edited Sep 22, 2012 10:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

AmareCallisti_Tallyn I don't, but others may.
So if anyone wants to read Divergent, go ahead, you don't even need my permission :)

Mimi ❤ It's not a good book. Even dystopian fans get disappointed

AmareCallisti_Tallyn Melina wrote: "It's not a good book. Even dystopian fans get disappointed"
Lol

Godiva3 I loved it but i wouldn't say it has anything paranormal...So i wouldn't recommend it to paranormal romance fans. A book that i loved and is somewhat paranormal is Maya Banks' "Whispers in the dark". Totally recommend it!

Florence Well, it's a YA novel. There is some kind of a love story (I kept thinking of Edward while reading about Four) and some kissing. If you're more into paranormal romance, you may find it a bit «clean»...

Concerning the dystopian element, the concept is really interesting, but not all that well executed.

I don't recommend buying the sequel (Insurgent) unless you absolutely love this book.

Inês if you read Supernatural and fantasy books i would recomend you Angel's Fury by Bryony Pearce -http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

I think you should give a shot to this dystopian book

i doesn't have paranormal or fantasy things in it but there is a kind of strong romance bettwen Four and tris (i cant explain how exactly that would cointain spoilers a bit)

Ashley Tropea It's a good book but it's not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. I liked it and I'm going to read Insurgent (the second book) but it's not like the best book on the planet.

Ariana Sinclair If you like Paranormal book I probably wouldnt recommend this book to you. Like "Florence" said above it is a little bit clean for the normal paranormal romantic types. However if you are even thinking about looking into the Dystopian genre I would say to give it a try. Unlike the majority of the people discussing it here I really did enjoy this book. The 2nd one was not as good but the first one had a really interesting plot and the characters are well written (I think) There isnt an exceptional amount of romance but enough to keep the average hormonal teenage girl interested. A lot more action.

C.penn Divergent is a brilliantly written dystopian world, far better than the Hunger Games, however, romance is not it's premise.

If you like romance, I strongly suggest you read Delirium by Lauren Oliver, the Violet Eden series by Jessica Shirvington, Blood Magic, by Tessa Gratton and Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and of course TMI series by Cassandra Clare.

Leela I think It's brilliant, and I think it has a really good romance!! It's not mushy or over the top, but more realistic. It's great. Give it a shot, I think you'll love it ;)

C.penn Leela wrote: "I think It's brilliant, and I think it has a really good romance!! It's not mushy or over the top, but more realistic. It's great. Give it a shot, I think you'll love it ;)"

exactly.

Sadie Scott ok ummmm i would not call this paranormal romance. i know because most of the books i read are paranormal romance. Its one of my favorites and there really isnt anything paranormal in here. There isnt that much romance either yeah maybe some kissing and mushy talk haha but it is a great book. i would consider it dystpopian maybe? but i would try reading it cauase its a gread read.

Sadie Scott forgot to mention for any paranormal romance fans i would suggest any Amanda Hocking books or the Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter great books

Sandra Sadie wrote: "forgot to mention for any paranormal romance fans i would suggest any Amanda Hocking books or the Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter great books"

I'v read born at midnight and the other 2 in the series, they are my very favorite books ever! Love them so much. i can't wait to read the 4th one! :)

message 21: by Nur (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nur Divergent is AMAZING!! there is no paranormal stuff but there is romance!! Trust me I don't think you'll regret reading it because I love paranormal and romance books too... DIVERGENT ROCKS

Sandra Nur wrote: "Divergent is AMAZING!! there is no paranormal stuff but there is romance!! Trust me I don't think you'll regret reading it because I love paranormal and romance books too... DIVERGENT ROCKS"

Thanks. By the way, i already read it and it was amazing. If you would like to know more about my thoughts for Divergent then don't hesitate and go check out my review. :)

Cassie It's really good and it's more of a dystopia/romance but I think it has a little paranormal in there

Sarah I loved this book outright, probably because I love a good action book with great characters and a romance added. It's not exactly supernatural, but even though I absolutley love paranormal/supernatrual romance as well I also loved this book aswell. I was up all night reading. I would recommend this book for sure!