Dreamspinner Press discussion

For the Long Run
This topic is about For the Long Run
Meet the Author > Meet Elizabeth Noble

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Chat with Elizabeth Noble, author of For the Long Run, today at 3PM EST.

message 2: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments Holy smokes - I didn't realize I'd have to sign up and join, lol! I think I'm early though.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Hello and good morning, afternoon or evening depending on where you are in the world. Also a happy Autumnal (or Vernal) Equinox!

I'm Elizabeth Noble and I'll be here for a few hours with some ebooks to give away and some excerpts to be read.

Got questions/comments about my books and upcoming projects, feel free to ask away.

message 4: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hello and good morning, afternoon or evening depending on where you are in the world. Also a happy Autumnal (or Vernal) Equinox!

I'm Elizabeth Noble and I'll be here for a few hours with some eboo..."

What are you working on now?

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "Holy smokes - I didn't realize I'd have to sign up and join, lol! I think I'm early though."

Hello, and I'm so glad you made it.

Elizabeth

message 6: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments Can't stay long - it is lunchtime here and I have kids that demand feeding :)

message 7: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Night | 8 comments Hi Elizabeth! I really enjoyed For the Long Run. Eric and Jay make a very handsome couple...do find pics of your MC's or do you create them from scratch?

message 8: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hello and good morning, afternoon or evening depending on where you are in the world. Also a happy Autumnal (or Vernal) Equinox!

I'm Elizabeth Noble and I'll be here for a few ho..."

Right now I have a few things going. I'm about three quarters finished with the next book in the Sentries series, Collared Souls. I also have an scifi trilogy and an urban fantasy series with Anne Barwell.

message 9: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments wow - busy schedule :)

message 10: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "Can't stay long - it is lunchtime here and I have kids that demand feeding :)"

Kids are like that. Mine always insisted upon eating too. They're still that way. My daughter's birthday is coming up and she asked me the other day if I was planning on taking her to dinner...lol

message 11: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "wow - busy schedule :)"

Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

message 12: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments I hear ya! Love the cover of this book - very well done.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Heather wrote: "Hi Elizabeth! I really enjoyed For the Long Run. Eric and Jay make a very handsome couple...do find pics of your MC's or do you create them from scratch?"

Thank you!

Sometimes I do that, just so I don't forget what they look like. It's also nice to have some inspiration. I think I had a picture for Eric, but not for Jay this time.

message 14: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (smidgeson) | 11 comments Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*

message 15: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Ann wrote: "Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*"

Hello! And waving back to you!

message 16: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Night | 8 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Heather wrote: "Hi Elizabeth! I really enjoyed For the Long Run. Eric and Jay make a very handsome couple...do find pics of your MC's or do you create them from scratch?"

Thank you!

Sometimes I..."

well they make a lovely couple. Oh, and ditto on the cover...that gal can draw.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "I hear ya! Love the cover of this book - very well done."

Thank you, though I can't take credit for the cover. The artist is Shobana Appavu. She did an amazing job.

message 18: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (smidgeson) | 11 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*"

Hello! And waving back to you!"

Is there anything you can tell us about the series you're writing with Anne Barwell?

message 19: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Heather wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Heather wrote: "Hi Elizabeth! I really enjoyed For the Long Run. Eric and Jay make a very handsome couple...do find pics of your MC's or do you create them from scratch?"

Thank..."

Heather wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Heather wrote: "Hi Elizabeth! I really enjoyed For the Long Run. Eric and Jay make a very handsome couple...do find pics of your MC's or do you create them from scratch?"

Thank..."

She sure can!

message 20: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble For my first trick: the blurb from For The Long Run For the Long Run by Elizabeth Noble

I have to split the posts so I'll put the excerpt up in a minute.

Blurb

After being bullied into the closet by his conservative senator father, Jay Molloy reconciles himself to a life of one-night stands instead of the loving D/s relationship he craves. When he meets the man of his dreams, trained Dom Eric Keger, all Jay dares to hope for is a quick fling. Eric has other ideas. He’s been hired by Jay’s father to run security at the family’s hunting resort, but now he has his heart set on Jay.

When murder victims begin to turn up at the resort, Eric and Jay start an investigation, but chasing down the killer proves less frustrating than dealing with Jay’s abusive, homophobic father. Exploring their new relationship would be hard enough on their own, but Eric and Jay also have to deal with politics, Jay’s fake fiancée, and a murderer who may be something more than human.

message 21: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble The excerpt:

Excerpt

JAY wasn’t sure if he should be excited or nervous about dinner, but Eric didn’t give him the chance to really worry about it much. He drove with Eric to the sheriff’s office and collected the reports Eric wanted to look through. Eric was amazing, and Jay was sure he’d never grow tired of watching the man. He charmed even the sourest person they encountered with seemingly no effort at all. Eric would ask in a low, easy voice, leaning casually closer to whomever he spoke to, and people fell all over themselves wanting to do his bidding.

A chill slipped its way up and down Jay’s spine as thoughts of his first encounter with Eric skipped happily through his head. Jay considered it his own personal miracle that Eric was interested in spending more time with him, making Jay his own. The best part was, Eric seemed completely oblivious of his effect and power. Jay wasn’t oblivious. His groin certainly wasn’t. Neither was his heart.

Taking the sheriff’s files, they headed to the resort for dinner. Jay had suggested they eat there and felt a thrill of excitement tingle through his limbs when Eric gladly agreed. He was proud of the resort and the meals prepared in the dining hall. Sharing that with Eric was suddenly very important. Jay really wanted Eric to like the resort. The soft smile Eric offered made Jay’s heart and stomach flutter with excitement.
“So, what’s good?” Eric settled across from him and glanced around the dining room. “This is nice.”

“Everything, of course.” Jay grinned. “Since you’re an employee, you can eat here whenever you want. Tomorrow we’ll get your ID badge and you just show it to the cashier.”

Eric grinned. “I like that fringe benefit.”

“Everyone does,” Jay laughed. When their food arrived they spent a few minutes doing nothing but eating. Jay realized he was famished. The meal cleared his head and settled his nerves and stomach as much as was possible until he’d look at Eric. Finally gathering some courage, he leaned forward a bit. “So, why did you really come here?”

Eric glanced down at the table as if he was weighing some heavy decision. When he looked back up, Jay knew Eric was about to take a big chance; it was written all over his face. “Two reasons actually. I decided it was time to look for another job when my superior’s daughter decided she and I should be a bit more friendly than I was comfortable with.”

“Yeah, guess you didn’t want everyone knowing about you being gay.”

“It wasn’t that so much as I didn’t like her.”

Jay took a sip of his iced tea, nodding for Eric to continue.

“Pretty enough girl. She was an underwear model, and I don’t think rejection was in her vocabulary.”

Gagging, Jay barely avoided spraying iced tea across the table and Eric. “You turned down an underwear model? What man, gay or otherwise, does that? Isn’t that against the man code or something?”

Eric laughed. Jay loved his laugh; it was rich and full and honest. “It’s against this man’s code. I have nothing against women, been with a few, they’re okay, but this girl? She was a bitch! I mean she made it her religion or something. Anyway her dad didn’t think rejection should be in her vocabulary either, and he tried making my life miserable.”

“So you decided to find something else?”

Hitching one shoulder up for a second, Eric reached over and tapped the leather carry bag he’d stuffed all the files into. “I read about the killings here and when I heard about the offer of a job, that was what made me decide to move.”

“The dead bodies interested you?”

“Sort of.” Eric leaned forward and lowered his voice. “I know how nuts this is going to sound, but I’ve spent years studying serial killings and collecting data from all over the country. About five years ago, there was a series of murders near Cleveland. There were six killings and then they stopped. No one was caught, no reason for them to stop. No reason for them to happen that anyone could find. The thing is, these killings here are the exact same.”

“So, you think it’s the same person?”

“This is where we get to the nuts part. Every five to ten years there are a series of murders just like these in an area. I’ve found them all over North America, and dating back to the 1700s. No one ever got caught.” Eric took a deep breath and sat watching Jay, obviously waiting for a reaction.

Jay stared back at Eric, taking a few seconds for his words to sink in and register. “Someone is… copying?” He counted on his fingers. “That’s—”

“A really long time. I know. No copies. These are the exact same. I don’t care how long you study something or how many details you collect, one person is going to do something like this differently, even in a very slight way, than someone else.”

“There have to be differences.”

Eric shook his head. “No, there aren’t. I can show you firsthand accounts of the conditions of the bodies and who they were. I have photos going back to before the Civil War. The body we saw today, it was in the same condition and maimed in the same way as the one I saw five years ago. And those were the same as ones a century ago.” Eric lifted the carry bag up and pulled out files, some they hadn’t gotten from the sheriff’s office. He spread them out like a deck of cards fanned across the table in front of Jay. “Check out the drawings and photos.”

“But how could someone—” Jay stopped short and sucked in a breath. He moved the files, opening one after another, seeing evidence right in front of him. Sketches and handwritten accounts evolved to photos and typed words. He traced marks and open wounds on the victims’ bodies with the tip of his forefinger. “They all have the same sorts of gashes and cuts.”

Eric nodded. “They do. There are no matches to predatory animals, and people sure as hell can’t do that sort of damage. I’ve tried matching the wounds to dozens of sorts of tools and weapons. Nothing fits, at least not anything that someone had access to now and several hundred years ago.”

“Not someone,” Jay said softly.

“No.” Eric straightened in his chair. “I want to catch this thing, whatever it is. I want to stop it.” Dipping his chin at the collection of papers between them on the table he said, “I have more at home and on my computer. I just brought a few to show you. I don’t want you to think I’m crazy. I’ve never showed anyone these before since I was never so directly involved in the investigation. I saw one of the bodies in Cleveland, but wasn’t on the homicide team then.”

Jay looked down at the files, then up at Eric. It was the truth, and he could see it in Eric’s face, hear it in his voice. For reasons not entirely clear to Jay, he believed and trusted this man, though he barely knew him. Nodding slowly, he took the plunge. “I don’t think you’re crazy. I think you’re right.”

Eric grinned and gathered everything together. “I’ll show you more later tonight and tomorrow. But now—” Eric folded his napkin and set it on the table beside his plate and drained his water glass. “—if I remember correctly, we have some things to discuss, and we probably shouldn’t do it here. I’d like to see your house.”

Jay’s insides twisted in excitement mixed with apprehension. Eric couldn’t be too angry with him or he wouldn’t be making such an effort to pursue Jay. Still, Jay hadn’t called, and he should have, if nothing more than to cut things off and not leave Eric hanging. Now he had to explain everything. Better to get it all out in the open and find out if Jay’s life would be a deal breaker before they went too much farther. He smiled softly, suddenly feeling like a shy and uncertain teenager. All he could manage was a shaky. “Okay.”

Eric stood and slung the carry bag over his shoulder, waiting patiently for Jay to follow before heading out of the dining hall. “I’ll drive. I can drop you back here later, or in the morning, so you can get your Jeep.” He waggled his eyebrows and pushed through the door leading to the parking lot.

The short drive to his house was quiet and intense. Jay couldn’t help thinking back to earlier that day at the crime scene and then later at Eric’s house. Each time Eric got close, put his arm around Jay, he felt surrounded by the man. He was powerful without being pushy, worried about Jay being embarrassed and made sure that didn’t happen. It was obvious he took the responsibility of looking out for someone, even casually, very seriously.

Eric had quietly taken control of the situation and shielded Jay from hurt. He’d made Jay feel important, hadn’t judged or faulted him.

Eric pulled the car up the drive and parked alongside the house. Jay sucked in a quick breath and let it out slowly when Eric reached over and rested his hand on Jay’s leg and then began caressing along his inner thigh for a few seconds. He enjoyed the way his groin heated up, cock pleasantly warm and full. It was too much to hope Eric would understand the stupidity that was his life. He had a fake fiancé and lived in a bubble of scrutiny, but Jay couldn’t help thinking maybe there was a slight chance he’d at least be open to an occasional and casual relationship.

Out of the car, they crossed the short distance to the front steps and walked up together. Eric’s hand landed solidly on Jay’s shoulder, and it felt good, right. Unlocking his door, Jay let it swing open and motioned inside. “Mi casa es su casa.”

Eric ran his hand down Jay’s arm. He used his thumb to gently stroke Jay’s knuckles as he took the key ring from him. “You have a copy of the keys to my house.”

“Yours, and mine, are both owned by the resort.”

“Hmm. Doesn’t seem fair, you get keys to mine, but I don’t get keys to yours. We’ll have to fix that tomorrow.”

Jay’s heart skipped a few beats, and his stomach flipped. “You really believe what you said about bad date-movie plots and second chances?” Even as he spoke, he reminded himself not to get his hopes up.

“Sure do.” Eric’s other arm slid around Jay’s back, pulling him closer. Jay loved the feeling of Eric’s rock-hard, yet very comfortable, body against his. They fit together so well. When Eric dipped his head and ran his lips lightly over the shell of Jay’s ear, Jay shuddered and moaned softly. Eric leaned back and smiled. A gentle nudge and Jay was herded inside.

“You… um… want a beer or….” Jay took the keys when Eric held them out to him, dropped them on the table, and led the way to the living room, stopping near the couch. His words trailed away when Eric moved behind him and slipped both hands over Jay’s shoulders.

Warm air hit Jay’s neck when Eric breathed out, “I’m good. Have everything I want right here.”

Jay swallowed and leaned back against Eric, delighting in that feeling of being surrounded again. Dragging one hand across Jay’s back, Eric paced away. He shed his leather jacket, draping it over a chair, and settled on the couch in front of Jay. He leaned back, let his legs drop open slightly with his hands folded between them.

message 22: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Night | 8 comments Sweet! I love reading the way these two men relate to each other. In fact I don't think I've made any secret of the fact that this is my fave book of yours to date. Loved the plot, characters and the creep factor.

message 23: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments awww - love your style and the way you get into Jay's head.

message 24: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Ann wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*"

Is there anything you can tell us about the series you're writing with Anne Barwell?"

Well, funny you should ask that...lol

The series name is The Sleepless City and it's an urban fantasy, which is something new for me. We're co-writing the series, but not the individual books. Each book revolves around one couple. There are three so far. A few of the guys are vampires, one is a werewolf, some are human.

message 25: by Ann (last edited Sep 22, 2012 12:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (smidgeson) | 11 comments Damn. The excerpt stopped just when it was getting good.

message 26: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "awww - love your style and the way you get into Jay's head."

Thank you! I tried to show both sides of this relationship.

message 27: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either an eBook copy of For the Long Run by Elizabeth Noble or Chained Hearts (Sentries #3) by Elizabeth Noble .

Specify which book you'd like or if you want either one let me know that too. Tomorrow morning I'll have a critter roll to determine the winners.

message 28: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Heather wrote: "Sweet! I love reading the way these two men relate to each other. In fact I don't think I've made any secret of the fact that this is my fave book of yours to date. Loved the plot, characters an..."

Aww thank you!

message 29: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Ann wrote: "Damn. The excerpt stopped just when it was getting good."

LOL...excerpts have a tendency to be like that, the little dickens! I'm glad you liked it.

message 30: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either an eBook copy of [bookcover:For t..."

Ooh ooh! Does this count as a response?

message 31: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either an eBook copy o..."

Why, yes it does...lol. Do you have a preference as to which book you'd like?

message 32: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble The latest installment in the saga of Todd and Nick Ruger is Chained Hearts...

Blurb:

Todd and Nick Ruger are alive and on the run in the Yellowknife Protectorate, but maybe not for long. After narrowly escaping New Colorado, where they were implicated in the assassination of Chancellor Shaffer, they’re running out of steam: Todd is gravely ill and Nick’s injured. Just when it seems like the harsh winter will get the best of them, they find refuge with a doctor in the isolated town of Elk’s Ridge.

On the surface, Elk’s Ridge seems the ideal place to rebuild their lives. Nick begins training as the doctor’s apprentice, and Todd works in a lumberyard until they’re recovered enough to return to their duties as Sentries. They make friends, forge a new life, and most importantly, there’s no sign of anyone from New Colorado.

They should have known it was too good to be true. Victor Raleigh, the new Vice Chancellor of New Colorado, knows all about Nick’s psychic abilities, and he wants them in his corner. When Nick is betrayed and captured, Todd sees no alternative but to head back to the war zone to rescue him. But will Nick be the same man Todd loves after Raleigh’s pet psychic vampire is through with him?

I'll put the excerpt up in a separate post. Anyone interested in seeing a sneak peek for book four, Collared Souls?

message 33: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Nick’s movements drew Todd’s attention. His mate rolled to his butt, sitting there leaning on one hand, legs half-stretched in front of him and crossed just below his knees. Shaggy, dark hair was brushed away from his face, and sleep-blurry eyes blinked at Todd, making his young mate look even younger… more like a sleep-tousled little boy.

There was no way Todd could, or would even try, to stop the smile from spreading over his face. Scooting closer to Nick, he combed his fingers through Nick’s hair, appreciating how soft it was. He pressed a gentle kiss to Nick’s forehead. “Morning.”

One side of Nick’s mouth twitched up for a second before he yawned.

“Christ, Nick, some days you make me feel like a pedophile.”

Nick yawned again, scratched at his chest, and mumbled out, “Huh?” He inched along the ground until he wedged himself between Todd’s legs and laid his head on Todd’s shoulder, face pressed against the side of his neck. Nick yawned again. His entire body relaxed as he nestled against Todd, ribcage expanding with yet another yawn.

“Lemme see this.” Todd lifted Nick’s shirt and inspected the bandaged wound as he had during the night. “According to the map, there’s a town not too far from here. How about we check it out, see if there is somewhere we can get some supplies? We need more bandaging material and more medicine to put on your wound. I’m going to heat some water and get it cleaned out again.”

“I don’t think it’s ever going to heal,” Nick grumbled. “It’s been almost a month.”

“I wouldn’t mind finding a doctor to take a look at it either.” Todd smoothed Nick’s shirt back into place and took a deep breath. “Nick, you keep having those nightmares.”

“How are we going to explain this kind of wound?”

Tapping Nick’s nose with one finger, Todd warned, “No changing the subject.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t stop them. They keep coming.”

“Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. We need to work on stopping them.” Massaging the back of his neck and shoulder, Todd gave some more thought to what Nick had told him last night. “Is there a part of the nightmares, or a certain scenario that bothers you more than the others?” Nick snorted.

“The whole thing bothers me.”

“Nick, work with me, here.”

“Well, it really scares me that there might be a second kelbit, a mate, and that she wants revenge and is tracking us. The nightmares always end with me cutting off your—its—head.”

message 34: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Phx69 wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either a..."

I am not picky - either would be a definite treat!!

message 35: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Phx69 wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a dr..."

I shall enter you for both!

For the Long Run was my first contemporary, which is soooooo much more difficult than making up your own world.

message 36: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments awesome and yes, I know what you mean ;P

message 37: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "awesome and yes, I know what you mean ;P"

You'd think it would be the opposite, but not so.

message 38: by Phx69 (new)

Phx69 | 10 comments it was awesome chatting with you but I have to run! Good luck with the writing and I look forward to seeing the new stuff!

message 39: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Phx69 wrote: "it was awesome chatting with you but I have to run! Good luck with the writing and I look forward to seeing the new stuff!"

thank you so much for coming, I'm glad you enjoyed. I hope the kids' lunches aren't late. Have a great weekend.

message 40: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (smidgeson) | 11 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*"

Is there anything you can tell us about the series you're writing with Ann..."

Can't wait. I have something of a soft spot for vampires.

message 41: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Ann wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Ann wrote: "Hello, I'm here. *waves from across The Pond*"

Is there anything you can tell us about the series you'r..."

Hehehheee...we have a nice interesting mix of vampires, some have been one for many years, and others brand new at it.

message 42: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Flores | 283 comments Hi, Elizabeth! Sorry for being late, but I'm here and will play catch up!

message 43: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Jacob wrote: "Hi, Elizabeth! Sorry for being late, but I'm here and will play catch up!"

Hello, and no worries at all, I'm so glad you made it.

Elizabeth

message 44: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Flores | 283 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either an eBook copy of [bookcover:For t..."

Count me in for For the Long Run

message 45: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Jacob wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm not very good at concocting contests (say that ten times fast), so I'll just say that anyone responding to this comment will be entered in a drawing for either an eBook copy o..."

I will certainly do that, thank you for entering.

message 46: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Flores | 283 comments What inspires you the most while you're writing? What do you consider your muse?

message 47: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Jacob wrote: "What inspires you the most while you're writing? What do you consider your muse?"

Thanks for asking. I don't have any one thing that inspires me. Once I get a story idea, I keep notes and ideas in one place until I get a good idea of the plot.

I've had ideas come from all sorts of places, songs, something I saw somewhere, or a news piece. Oddly enough, I get a lot of ideas every time I go the Natural History Museum here in Cleveland. I always see something that makes me go....hmmmm how can I get that into a book.

message 48: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble I often use paranormal sorts of situations and creatures in my books. Some I've made up, others are from existing legends and myths.

What's your favorite sort of paranormal bad thing?

message 49: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Flores | 283 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Jacob wrote: "What inspires you the most while you're writing? What do you consider your muse?"

Thanks for asking. I don't have any one thing that inspires me. Once I get a story idea, I keep note..."

I get inspiration from songs too, but not at a museum. I'm going to have to pay more attention next time. But I too just love it when inspiration strikes

message 50: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Noble Jacob wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Jacob wrote: "What inspires you the most while you're writing? What do you consider your muse?"

Thanks for asking. I don't have any one thing that inspires me. Once I get a story..."

It does come from the most interesting places. In a series I'm working on with Anne Barwell one of the books revolves around something I saw at that particular museum, types of animals that use something called electrolocation. I'd have never thought of that on my own....lol

Elizabeth

« previous 1