Twilight (Twilight, #1) Twilight discussion

Which is better Movies or Books?

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kavin Books. ANYTIME BOOKS . DUH !!

Elana Books, because in the movies Edward is always looking like he's in so much pain and in the books he acted more natural and sweet.

message 3: by Menna (new) - added it

Menna Bassem Totally the Books, it leaves you wanting more but the movie has less explanations and less vivid moments :D

Gabby Books :)

message 5: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Gabby wrote: "Books :)"

the book

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia maybe about both. but the book does have bit more things here and there.

Sbob4ever books.. no doubt about that.. the movies are so much edited and do not convey the emotions as book..

Teodora Sbob4ever wrote: "books.. no doubt about that.. the movies are so much edited and do not convey the emotions as book.."

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

message 9: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Teodora wrote: "Sbob4ever wrote: "books.. no doubt about that.. the movies are so much edited and do not convey the emotions as book.."

This is exactly what I wanted to say."

i think she got that right.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i think the book, covered everything that is missing from the movie itself.

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Kaylee wrote: "Yeah, I definitely prefer the books, but the movies aren't that awful."

yea maybe.

message 12: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia kind of like both. cause the whole pack is in it.. i like the book 2.

Mickayla Murphy Kaylee wrote: "This is a discussion about what you think is better, the twilight series movies or the books. And why?"

the books , you picture bella pretty not ugly like she is in the movie and also edward is cute in your mind while you read the you see the movie! total disapointment

message 14: by Jo (last edited Oct 08, 2012 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Books, 150% better in my eyes. I just think the books are so much better and the actors sometimes fail to protray that feeling I think a character should have at a ceratainn time. But also because the movies have told me one story while the books have told me a whole other and I just love the books so much more but that is very common...

Taniesha Books always seem to be better if youre not too lazy to read them because there are way more detail and give you a better understanding or whats going on or what happened.:)

message 16: by Love (new) - rated it 5 stars

Love i think both of them are the best bc in books everything is detailed and movies shows the expression anyhow i loveed both!!!<3

message 17: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Devanshi wrote: "i think both of them are the best bc in books everything is detailed and movies shows the expression anyhow i loveed both!!!<3"

almost about the same.

message 18: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia but i did like the book, as well. it got into more details on how each person POV.

Mickayla Murphy exactly

message 20: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Mickayla wrote: "exactly"

yep

message 21: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia that why the book, it better.

Cassie I think the books are way better. I think a person can only truly enjoy the movies if they've read the books.

Bella's an introspective character. Most of her personality is reflected through her thoughts, like when she wanted to run Edward over with her can, or when she thinks things like "Stupid, shiny Volvo owner."
Watching an introspective character thinking witty remarks on screen is not very fun at all.

message 23: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Cassie wrote: "I think the books are way better. I think a person can only truly enjoy the movies if they've read the books.

Bella's an introspective character. Most of her personality is reflected through her t..."

that is quite true

message 24: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia then again. she can't make up here mind. who she want 2 be with, type of thing. she like her best friend jake then she goes off running 2 edward as well. she like going bk and forth, between 2 guys that she want 2 be with, but she want 2 be with her best frind jake as well.

Mickayla Murphy Peace wrote: "that why the book, it better."

i know right. books are way better

Mickayla Murphy Peace wrote: "Cassie wrote: "I think the books are way better. I think a person can only truly enjoy the movies if they've read the books.

Bella's an introspective character. Most of her personality is reflecte..."

yea , kinda a hoe statement of bella

message 27: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Mickayla wrote: "Peace wrote: "that why the book, it better."

i know right. books are way better"

yea ikr

Vishal Verma The books.The movies dont even come close.But maybe the last movie will be better since the book was not all that great.

message 29: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia the books, it better, then movie..

Mickayla Murphy Yea, Agreed book rule over the movies but yea the last book wasn't good

message 31: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz I only read and watched the first two books and movies, but I would say the movies, if for nothing else the fact that they weren't limited to Bella's POV, and thus could focus on what more interesting characters were doing at certain times. I also saw the battle in "Breaking Dawn" on YouTube, and understand that scene was not in the book, and I found it to be great fun (though not entirely in the way the film probably intended).

KarmaSc0rpi0n Normally I'd say the book just due to the fact that it's more engaging and full of more details, but that's the value of the movies, they cut down a lot of the unimportant filler scenes that you get in the book such as her step by step cleaning the house and dear lord if I ever have to hear about Edward's looks again...you don't have to hear that in the movies so that's their strength that they have over the books — cuts down the unnecessary purple prose.

The movies weakness, well for one they run off the notion that the audience read the books so there are logical leaps in the movie that are explained in the books that make it slightly harder for a casual viewer to follow.

The other thing is Bella herself — she doesn't translate well to screen. Everyone complains about KS performance as Bella as being bland, awkward and lacking in personality, but here's the thing, that characterization is spot on with book Bella because once you take the filter in which you see her in your head you realize she is bland, boring and personalityless because she's purposely written like that so everyone can put themselves in her place. That unfortunately translates exactly to KS performance as Bella on screen. Same goes for RP as Edward, once you take off Bella's rose-tinted glasses you realize he's a creeper who stalks a 17 year-old girl with no survival instincts. So that's where the book wins with perception — the book is in first person which limits a lot of what can be seen (although SM does violate this a lot with Bella being impossibly perceptive and often times clairvoyant with her dreams), but it offers the advantage of making things seem nicer than they actually are which is pulled away when we step in to third person with the films.

message 33: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia KarmaSc0rpi0n wrote: "Normally I'd say the book just due to the fact that it's more engaging and full of more details, but that's the value of the movies, they cut down a lot of the unimportant filler scenes that you ge..."

that is really true there, i think as for the movie its ok but as for the book itself since SM, did write it before the movie came out, and the in the book there is whole lot more that in there, then in the movie that there as well. so yea

Bookworm Books are much better in every case, because reading the books you do use your own imagination

message 35: by Bookworm (last edited Jul 05, 2017 04:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookworm well, writing some reviews for books also and try to get a good one book report right now until half a year and this is very cool.

message 36: by KarmaSc0rpi0n (last edited Jul 05, 2017 04:30AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

KarmaSc0rpi0n Bookworm wrote: "Books are much better in every case, because reading the books you do use your own imagination"

Well yes each medium has it's strength, and its purpose. Movies are supposed to show you a story, they occasionally have voice over that tell you, but the best ones always show. Which is the challenge most movies based on books fail at because books tells you a story, they show you things as well but mostly tell and the reader's imagination is meant to fill in the gaps and as I said with Twilight it's strength and what makes it better is that it tells you a rose tinted fairytale that no movie could quite capture because a) the subject matter b) perspective and c) realism. There's not much realism in Twilight which it kind of depends on (especially if SM is basing things off of science, not her real strong suit) that a live action movie based on the real world basically shines a light on. The movies kind of messed up the image of Twilight because it's now seen through someone else's perspective instead your own that you saw as you read.

message 37: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia KarmaSc0rpi0n wrote: "Bookworm wrote: "Books are much better in every case, because reading the books you do use your own imagination"

Well yes each medium has it's strength, and its purpose. Movies are supposed to sho..."

yea that is really true there, when i read all the books series that was there, i think its like lot better for some reason cause u get a better insight on the diff character that in the book then in the movie. cause in the movie you can see what they are talkin about but in the book its like you can hear, see what thier pov type of thing..

message 38: by Miko (new)

Miko I enjoy reading the books, but screen adaptations are always welcome! :D

message 39: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A BOOKS! They are more detailed, especially twilight. There is so much more in books then in movies. In books you can stretch your imagination and I feel I grow more attached in books versus movies.

message 40: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Fiona wrote: "BOOKS! They are more detailed, especially twilight. There is so much more in books then in movies. In books you can stretch your imagination and I feel I grow more attached in books versus movies."

yea ikr i was kind of thinking of books that in there. cause when you watch the movie, you only get about half of the characters that in there but when you read all the books twi books that on there, you get all the diff characters, in thier pov and what they are talkin about, so yea i think the book is bit better then the movie, itsself.. what doe everyone think on there.

Jillian Armstrong I prefer the books over the movies.

message 42: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Jillian wrote: "I prefer the books over the movies."

yea i was kind of thinking of that there, i think i would have the books over the the movie, it self there. cause in the books series you can see into each characters and see what they are talkin about in their diff pov and such.