Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Fev: In My Own Words
This topic is about Fev
Book Cover Help > Add book cover please

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bustagroovy | 29 comments Hi can someone please add the book cover for this book:

Fev: In My Own Words, by Brendan Fevola
ISBN 9781742704

The image can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fev-In-Own-Word...

Thanks!

Bustagroovy | 29 comments Oh I'm sure Amazon is the ONLY source for this book cover. Don't worry, I'll read 50 books then scan the cover myself. Your creativity is astounding.

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments The reason Marina was pointing that out is that we prefer for the user requesting the cover to provide us with a link to a cover from a non-bookseller site.

The link you supplied was from Amazon, which we can not use and it is not our job to hunt down the cover when one we can not use is not provided. Some librarians may hunt them down, but we are all volunteers so please keep that in mind.

As it were, the book you requested a cover change for was entered by a user with the wrong ISBN so I merged it with the correct edition which already had a cover.

Bustagroovy | 29 comments Thanks for the bedtime story, zzzz. The cover still isn't showing but don't worry, I'll update it in about twelve months. Having just come to this site after my 63 reviews were lost on WEREAD, I've encountered nothing but astringency from the existing members. Hopefully I will encounter some friendly people at some point.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 233 comments Most of us are friendly, Leigh. It's simply that Goodreads and Amazon have something of a past, as you'll see if you look at threads from last December through about February. Amazon also codes its photos so that if another site uses them, it can identify and have the "offending" site taken down. We don't want that to happen to Goodreads.

If you own a copy of Fev, snap a picture of it and upload it to your Goodreads profile and someone here will add it to the book record for you.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Leigh wrote: "Fev: In My Own Words, by Brendan Fevola
ISBN 9781742704"

That's not a valid ISBN. Looks like another librarian who noticed that merged it into the correct edition -- which already had a cover.