Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Eccentric Character?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Is there any book with eccentric male character, not necessary bad boy character but Johnny Depp kind of eccentricity, weird, genius /geek that reluctantly falls in love. Its kinda rare to see such characters in romance but I really do think characters like Sherlock Holmes is very hot!! (especially after watching the UK modern version series).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9526 comments Mod
I love those kinds of characters. I will have to think about it and get back to you.

message 3: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Thanks Danielle. :)

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Maybach (PaperShredder) | 8 comments I know of one, and he's also sort of a dark dangerous hero, simply because he's misunderstood in his time.
He's name is Lord Ian Mackenzie, and here is his book. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley.

He has Autism, and the author portrays his plight very well in the book. In such a way that most people who read the book don't know he's autistic, and instead think he's just a looney jerk. It's an excellent book IMHO!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9526 comments Mod
Oh, good one, Alicia!

message 6: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Thanks!! Added it to my list.

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee Nicole | 30 comments Maybe Gabriel from Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard? He's a little neurotic. Another one that is a bit strange (he's an artist) is Max Emery from The Reluctant Nude by Meg Maguire. I don't know if either of these characters are perfectly what you described, but they were both good books!

I think my favorite eccentric character right now is Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files series. It's not a romance, but he's an awesome wizard who is totally kooky.

message 8: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Darcy in Compulsively Mr. Darcy by Nina Benneton was a quirky character :)

message 9: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Thanks for the recommendation. :D

message 10: by Nomad (new)

Nomad The Neteru series by L.A. Banks has JL, a musician who likes to beat vampires up with his cymbals. Seriously, he has a scene where he straight up just starts smashing a vampire repeatedly in the head with his cymbals. It was GREAT!

message 11: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments I am now reading Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard
OMG, it's soooo goood!!!!

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee Nicole | 30 comments Wishful wrote: "I am now reading Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard
OMG, it's soooo goood!!!!"

Yay! Glad you're enjoying it, I loved it too :-)

message 13: by Wishful (new)

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Renee wrote: "Wishful wrote: "I am now reading Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard
OMG, it's soooo goood!!!!"

Yay! Glad you're enjoying it, I loved it too :-)"

Thank you so much for recommending. I have added you as friend. :D