Australian Women Writers Challenge discussion

Archived Participants 2012 > IMPORTANT: Changes to posting your reviews

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 694 comments Mod
For some time, it has been obvious that the AWW challenge has been a victim of its own success. Signing up and adding reviews has become so impractical that some challenge participants have stopped adding their reviews. Even so, the challenge has generated nearly 1100 reviews.

In anticipation of continuing the AWW challenge into 2013, a group of book bloggers has been discussing how to create a better system. As a result of these discussions, the AWW challenge will shift to WordPress for 2013. A better way of signing up, linking to reviews, and indicating completion of the challenge will be implemented: instead of the awkward Mr Linky, Google forms will be adopted.

If you're a regular AWW challenge participant still uploading reviews, you'll notice that the AWW Blogger Challenge page now incorporates a Google form for linking your reviews. If you're happy to start using this form straightaway to upload your review, please go ahead. It will mean one less data entry for the archive.

http://www.australianwomenwriters.com...

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda I posted my review of The Secret River this morning Shelleyrae, with the new system, and it's not showing up at #1099. I left it a couple of hours, but it's still not there? What did I do wrong?

message 3: by Shelleyrae (new)

Nothing Brenda, the link shows up here, http://auswomenwriters.wordpress.com/... rather than on the linky page.
I think Liz will insert the google form on the current site when we have caught up entering all the submissions which we are frantically working on behind the scenes

http://auswomenwriters.wordpress.com/...

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Wow! Thanks Shelleyrae! Good luck with all that!

So once you're all done, the link of the review will show up when it's placed, plus all the others for us to check out?

message 5: by Shelleyrae (new)

Yep, in the meantime save that link above and you can use that to visit other posts.

Plus starting next month (I think) we will be sorting out the links into categories on the new blog which will make them easier to find

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda As I said...WOW! Well done to you and Elizabeth...you both do a fabulous job, plus the zillion other things you have to do!!

message 7: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 ok - added 10 reviews this afternoon - and they appear over on the wordpress site :)

Very happy with new system and kudos to all concerned :)

message 8: by Shelleyrae (new)

Sally906 wrote: "ok - added 10 reviews this afternoon - and they appear over on the wordpress site :)

Very happy with new system and kudos to all concerned :)"

Great Sally!

message 9: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Oh and I signed up for 2013 - am I sad or what!!!

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Thanks Sally:) I just signed up for 2013 as well!! ;)

message 11: by Buried In Print (new)

Buried In Print (buriedinprint) I know it's been said before but it must have taken a tonne of work, so I hope nobody minds if I simply repeat the accolades offered already for the new system. It is eminently browse-able and I have just spent a good chunk of time flipping from one theme to the next. Good thinking and thanks very much for adding so substantially to my TBR plans!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secret River (other topics)