What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Horse related book about girl?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 1 comments I read a book a few years ago which was horse related. The story mainly followed a girl, who I believe was a young adult/ older teenager, who was born in England but for the first book had moved to America due to her fathers work. Back in England she had two ponys- one may have been called bubbles but I can't remember. In America she gets a horse, who's name I cannot remember. I don't remember much about the plot in general other than the fact that she had a friend who lived not too far away whom she rides with, and I remember a few scenes like for example when she rides to a show ground and a lorry honks at her so her horse goes crazy, and that in one scene she tries to load him onto a 'float' and he doesn't like it, and I do also believe that either further on in the book or in a sequel to it, they move back to England.

I have a suspicion that the horse MAY be called Phantom.. but don't hold me too it.

message 2: by Amena (new)

Amena | 27 comments Did you check out this series?
http://www.goodreads.com/series/55701...

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Does sound like it could be the Phantom series by Christine Pullein-Thompson
http://janebadgerbooks.co.uk/pt/cptho...

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
She hasn't been active since posting this. My laptop has taken a dislike to GR here suddenly. If someone could send her a PM with a link to this thread maybe we can find out,

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Hannah, are you still looking for this book?

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie A. | 252 comments Even if OP is gone, for anyone who might be interested, it could be The Secret of Stonehouse by Lynn Hall. That has a scene where she goes over a bridge by horseback on her way to a show and is nearly run off it by a car. The girl is Scottish in this book and the horse she rides in America is named Cloudy, who belongs to a neighbor boy who lets her ride.