Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Glooory glory halleluuuuuujah. . .

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin P | 19 comments . . . All hail George Ro-me-roooooo

Seems we have a new movie in the oven:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134854/

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 118 comments Is the title ......Of the Dead? Or is there just no beginning part of the title yet?

message 3: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) I'm assuming that's the title of the movie. Glad he's doing another one.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 118 comments That is kinda a cool title!

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin P | 19 comments It was formerly known as Island of the Dead, but this title is tentative. "the legendary director's latest zombie massacre is going by ...Of The Dead for the time being."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news...

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman How did everyone feel about his last outing in Diary of the Dead? I gave it an initial shoulder shrug and a lethargic 'meh', but it was at least a hearty commentary on the YouTube generation. The zombie movie in general needs a good boot in its rotting arse, here's a pint of brains raised in good spirits to the World War Z adaptation being righteous.

post script....I fuckin' loathed Land of the Dead.

message 7: by Raf (new)

Raf (thecowsaysmoo) Tom wrote: "How did everyone feel about his last outing in Diary of the Dead? I gave it an initial shoulder shrug and a lethargic 'meh', but it was at least a hearty commentary on the YouTube generation. The z..."

Well, I'm all for giving new talent some acting experience, but I thought much of the potential of the movie was lost due to the artificial feel that the characters had.

As for land of the dead: I liked the "exterior" scenes (i.e. outside of Fiddler's green) but disliked the scenes in the enclave. So it's fifty fifty for me :).

I think more good zombie films (or related ;)) are coming out from England lately: Dead set (I really, really liked that), zombie diaries (again, great movie, especially if you consider the fact that it is an amateur effort), the 28 * later series, ... . I have higher hopes for that than for a new Romero movie.

But that's just me ;-)

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin P | 19 comments I liked both Land and Diary. Sure, they probably won't go down in history as classics, but I'd watch them again. I liked Land because it different than the usual group of survivors trying to make it through but ultimately turning on each other. I thought it was cool how Romero envisioned civilization re-organizing itself after the apocalypse with parallels to our own present culture. I liked Diary because it showed people having to figure out what to do from scratch without any prior knowledge of the apocalypse. And Samuel. I loved Samuel, wished he coulda lived longer.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 78 comments I liked Land of The Dead. I just did. Made me happy. Diary of The Dead had to sit with me for a while. The last couple lines of narration bothered me but i think it was the theme of the movie.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) | 4 comments I was so disappointed with Diary of The Dead. It wasn't even in the same league as Dawn of The Dead & Land of The Dead.