Little Bee Little Bee question

Return to the beach
Ann Ann Sep 21, 2012 05:45PM
How did you feel about the characters returning to the beach?

I think it was a very loving thing for Sarah to have followed Little Bee. Maybe, however, Lawrence,(the schmuck) who did something by the books for his job but did not do the right thing in regards to his very own family.... could have turned a blind eye or made it easier for Bee to stay in England.
I don't know the end...Did Bee get taken away by the soldiers? Someone mentioned that she drowned...but I think she would have been killed by the soldiers if she had run. I don't think the ending made much sense. Unless the author wants you to come up with your own conclusion....I don't think it would be a happily ever after finish. In fact, I think it needs a different ending.
Would I, personally, have returned to the place that had so many horrible results? No, but then, I don't know if I, like Sarah would have actually cut off my own finger, either. And in the next breath, I doubt I would have taken my young child to such a place either!

I hated this book. The characters were unlikeable, the plot seemed to go for gore instead of story, and I didn't understand the ending.

Ann Elizabeth, I wasn't crazy about this ending either. I did like the book, but do see your points. I just didn't think it believable that they would ret ...more
Nov 07, 2012 06:54AM
U 25x33
Sharitb Agreed!
Apr 11, 2014 04:00PM

It has been over a year since I read this book, but I remember it fairly well. I am not an advocate of returning to horrible places in my life so I am not sure it is theraputic. I suppose the author believes it is.

I would have to say no. I like to move on when it comes to difficult situations. As in move forward>