Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

EBooks price reduced

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (AngieM1721) | 3 comments Is there a way or website that can alert you when an ebook on Barnes and Noble's website goes on sale? I have quite a few on my "wishlist" there but I have this obsession to check it everyday to see if one has been reduced. If there was a way to get notified that would be great.

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (RachelGoodbyeBorders) | 11 comments I have no idea, but that would be great if that was possible!

message 3: by Madilynn (new)

Madilynn In the wishlist, the price stays the same. You have to go back and check the book if you want to know the actual price.

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe) (nightowlbookcafe) I was looking for that too, so far I was only able to find the nook daily finds, which is like maybe 2 books a day - and checking the discounts every day

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott (SHissong) | 288 comments The price in the Nookbook Wishlist will change.

message 6: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Gates | 13 comments I like this site: http://the-cheap.net/category/venue/n...

They have a Facebook page, and if you "like" it, you'll get a notification on your timeline every time they find a new book free or reduced, which is often. I think they do Twitter too.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (Lboyd5900attnet) | 360 comments I do the same thing Angie, but I don't check mine nearly as often as I should, then I'm bummed out when I find out that it was on sale for a reduced price and I missed it. I'm going to try that site that Nicole mentioned, hopefully it will help so that I don't miss out on any good deals.

message 8: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (CinthiaH) I know there's a way to do it with the kindle, but I haven't found one for the nook.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (mybookkimberh) There is a nook app called Nooks Free Books that is a free download that won't alert you but you can narrow down the type of books you want to know about that are free.

message 10: by NancyMagaly (new)

NancyMagaly | 9 comments Kimberly, thanks for the heads up on that nook app. I like the ability to select the type of books I like for FREE!

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 126 comments Go shop on your nook, search type in free books. There are hundreds and hundreds.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (mybookkimberh) I found a few pay a monthly fee to download books but none are in nook format. I love to find a book subscription service so I can get newer books without buying them.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] | 12 comments I subscribe to bookbub.com. You put in your email address and it sends me one email a day with several either free or discounted books.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] | 12 comments And, yes, at Barnes and Noble, if you put in 0.00 in the search bar, there are literally thousands of free books.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (mybookkimberh) I've looked at the free books on BN, downloaded tons of them and most are either the first book in a series which means if you like it then you have to buy the rest of the books or the books that don't hold my interest. I normally read about 300 page before I go to bed at night so I burn through books quickly. I've been looking at entitlebooks.com but not sure it's worth it.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] | 12 comments Kimberly wrote: "I've looked at the free books on BN, downloaded tons of them and most are either the first book in a series which means if you like it then you have to buy the rest of the books or the books that d..."

Try bookbub.com. They also have a FB page. I'm on both.

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (mybookkimberh) I'm signed up with bookbub and they are a huge help. I live their daily emails.

Thanks for the link. I'm trying to find some free books outside my comfort zone.

message 18: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 134 comments I have a B&N membership (cost $20) and I get email every day about nook books that are on sale and discount coupons. Sometimes they'll have 100 books that are on sale for a few dollars. They also send me coupons that I can use in the store but these are not usually for nook products. Well worth the membership.

message 19: by Maegan (new)

Maegan (maeganb) | 147 comments Christopher wrote: "I have a B&N membership (cost $20) and I get email every day about nook books that are on sale and discount coupons. Sometimes they'll have 100 books that are on sale for a few dollars. They also s..."

Membership is actually $25.

message 20: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 134 comments Thanks Maegan for the correction, I will probably have to renew soon. When I first signed up for it I wondered if it would be worth it but I am finding now I get quite a few discount coupons, good for buying non-nook books or movies, etc.

I'm not sure if the sales I see on nook books are only for members or for everyone. It may be that membership just puts you on on the mailing list so you know when they go on sale.

You might also check out the nook blog:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook-blog/

message 21: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 45 comments Carol wrote: "I subscribe to bookbub.com. You put in your email address and it sends me one email a day with several either free or discounted books."

Cinthia wrote: "I know there's a way to do it with the kindle, but I haven't found one for the nook."

You can alost go directly to the sight and see all the free and discounted books for Nook, near the bottom of the list. They do not all make it to the news letter. https://www.bookbub.com/ebook-deals/free