Children's Book Authors/Illustrators discussion

New Blog - need children's books to review

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (new)

Charity | 8 comments Are you still looking for reviewers? My daughters and i have just started a blog and we are looking for books to review. Check us out at 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com

Thanks!

message 3: by Jeralyn (new)

Jeralyn Lash-Sands (lashly) | 3 comments I'm new at this...Just added my book - The Big Bad Rain Monster. - For reviews.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Boyce (goodreadcomkarenkellyboycecom) | 22 comments Would you like to review my children's book? If you send your address to my email- donegalarizona@yahoo.com I will mail you a copy Sisters of the Last Straw by Karen Kelly Boyce

message 5: by Charity (new)

Charity | 8 comments Jeralyn wrote: "The Big Bad Rain Monster"

Would love to review it. What format do you have it in?

Charity

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Boyce (goodreadcomkarenkellyboycecom) | 22 comments I only have hard copies. I could mail you a copy. It is not an ebook yet! Would you like a book - if so email your address and I will ship it out. Thanks for the review offer! Sisters of the Last Straw by Karen Kelly Boyce

message 7: by Ritu (new)

Ritu Goyal (ritugoyal) | 10 comments Would you be interested in reviewing my children's book. It is a picture book for elementary school children.Thank you so much
Never Lie-Ever

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Boyce (goodreadcomkarenkellyboycecom) | 22 comments Yes I would love to review it - However since I have a pile of books it may take a few weeks. I would like to set aside one day to review children's books once a week. Perhaps I will start with yours. Thanks for thinking of me! Karen

message 9: by Ritu (new)

Ritu Goyal (ritugoyal) | 10 comments Thank you Karen.Can you please email/message me your address .
Thank you so much

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Boyce (goodreadcomkarenkellyboycecom) | 22 comments Karen Kelly Boyce
218 West Veterans Hwy.
Jackson, NJ 08527

Can't wait to read it!

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison Hertz (alisonhertz) | 7 comments My new picture book, Flap, is coming out November 15 but is available for early purchase on Amazon now. I would love to gather some reviews.

-Alison Hertz
www.alisonhertz.com

message 12: by Corey (new)

Corey (coreyjf) | 2 comments Happy to send you an ebook, message me your email address

message 13: by Charity (new)

Charity | 8 comments Thanks! It's 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com

message 14: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Stone (jodistone) | 224 comments Mod
I'll swap reviews as well if anyone is interested please email me your pdf e-version at stone3snuggles@netzero.net and I'll reply with a copy of mine 'Savannah's Story' :)

Jodi Stone

message 15: by Charity (new)

Charity | 8 comments Jodi wrote: "I'll swap reviews as well if anyone is interested please email me your pdf e-version at stone3snuggles@netzero.net and I'll reply with a copy of mine 'Savannah's Story' :)

Jodi Stone"

We would like to review your book

message 16: by Ailsa (new)

Ailsa Mackay | 14 comments Hi Charity,

I would love if you are interested in reviewing my book Yummy Tummy Rhymes

Yummy Tummy is an illustrated collection of rhymes and songs themed around every day foods and is aimed at the pre-school market. The illustrations have been created using paper cuts using textured card and origami paper and have a definite funky, retro feel. which adults and children both like.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yummy-Tummy-R...

I am happy to email a pdf to you if you are interested.

Thanks

Ailsa

message 17: by Sunayna (new)

Sunayna Prasad | 51 comments I have the first 3 chapters of my book on Bookrix. If you want to read them, let me know.

message 18: by Louise (new)

Louise Findlay (angel7090695001) Sir William Goes Fishing(Teabaggers Book 1)

Please review at Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 19: by Maurice David (new)

Maurice David | 3 comments Hi Karen

I have published 2 children's books on Amazon. They are both picture books and are great for bedtime or for a child just learning to read.

By the way, I'll be having a free download day this weekend for my book 'What Do You Call a Baby Lion? this weekend (saturday and sunday Jan 19-20). Maybe you'd prefer to download it to your kindle or kindle app.

Where can I send you a sample of my books?

You could read both books in under 8 minutes (maybe less!)

Many thanks
Maurice

message 20: by Sunayna (new)

Sunayna Prasad | 51 comments Hi Charity,

Did you ever get to my last post?

Sunayna

message 21: by Abha (new)

Abha C. (abhac) | 3 comments My book The Little Ant is out and available at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Little-Ant-Abha...

message 22: by Sunayna (new)

Sunayna Prasad | 51 comments Hi Abha,

Welcome to the group. I just took a look at your book's preview on Amazon. It was really interesting. Maybe I'll recommend it to my almost 3-year-old cousin.

message 23: by Abha (new)

Abha C. (abhac) | 3 comments Sunayna wrote: "Hi Abha,

Welcome to the group. I just took a look at your book's preview on Amazon. It was really interesting. Maybe I'll recommend it to my almost 3-year-old cousin."

Thanks Sunayna! Much appreciated :)
Abha

message 24: by Sunayna (new)

Sunayna Prasad | 51 comments You're welcome. Actually, my cousin almost four, so he probably can read.

message 25: by J.m. (new)

J.m. Wilson | 2 comments Hi,
I have one self published book, in ebook format. It is the
Ruby Ridd Adventures, Otherworld, available on Amazon. It is a novel, no pictures. The next in the series is The Ruby Ridd Adventures, Journey to Otherlands and that is due to be released this month.
These are magical, fantasy adventure stories, pitched at 6 to 12 year olds, written to thrill kids but also submerge adults, who perhaps would be the reader to the younger children, back to the days when they believed anything was possible!
I would be honoured if someone would like to review my book/books.
Please let me know and I will send out a copy.
Many thanks
Jill

message 26: by Alison (last edited Feb 03, 2013 11:15AM) (new)

Alison Hertz (alisonhertz) | 7 comments Jill, I am happy to review any book for children. I often post reviews and book announcements on my blog as well as author and illustrator interviews. I am slightly confused about the book of Ruby Ridd and her adventures. You wrote that you are marketing it to 6-12 year olds and that there are no pictures. This is not a genre. If the voice of the mc or narrator appeals to 10-12 year olds, it will not appeal to 6-8 year olds. Is it a chapter book or a mod grade novel? If you don't know, I can read it and tell you. Email me if you are interested in a review. You can look ip my blog at www dot alison hertz dot blogspot dot com.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Booth (michellebooth) | 5 comments Hi. Are you still looking for children's books to review? I love that you are doing the blog with your daughters, lovely idea.

My children's book is a happy tale (!) about a dog that gets the ability to talk after surgery on his voicebox. It is for the 8-12 age group.

I can send you the manuscript in whichever version you prefer.

. Mo - The Talking Dog

message 28: by Pedro (new)

Pedro Ochoa | 2 comments Greetings. My name is Andres Ochoa, I am an independent E-book publisher.
My goal is to create great interactive picture books for children.
I recently released my very first picture book for iPad on the iBooks store.
It is an ABC animal book with interactive images, and sounds.
Unfortunately I am new at this and don't have much exposure.

The book's title is: "My Animal ABC's" if anyone is interested in contributing with reviews please let me know, I can provide a promo code for free download.

Thank you.

message 29: by Pedro (new)

Pedro Ochoa | 2 comments Greetings. My name is Andres Ochoa, I am an independent E-book publisher.
My goal is to create great interactive picture books for children.
I recently released my very first picture book for iPad on the iBooks store.
It is an ABC animal book with interactive images, and sounds.
Unfortunately I am new at this and don't have much exposure.

The book's title is: "My Animal ABC's" anyone is interested in contributing with reviews please let me know, I can provide a promo code for free download.

Thank you.

message 30: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Manna | 13 comments I have returned. Glad about it, too. I don't know why I stopped receiving notifications, but I'm hoping I have made my way back into the fold. There's inspiration here. There's also inspiration in a book I'm currently reading slowly so as to savor the advice (Lorraine Herring, Shambhala, 2010): The Writing Warrior: Discovering the Courage to Free Your True Voice.

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy Pierce | 59 comments If any of you are interested in reviewing Tales from Farlandia: Ozette's Destiny, I would appreciate it.Pants on Fire Press is offering a free promo day on Amazon for Kindles on Sat.April 13.