Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Details for Spokane Visit in May 2013 - hotel info added

Comments Showing 1-50 of 415 (415 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 21, 2012 11:00PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
I am posting this summary of the details for our May 18-20, 2013 meeting here so that it easy to find. Conversations will still be posting to the other thread.

Hotel Details for our Spokane Meeting

We will stay at the Wingate Wyndam hotel near the Spokane airport (free airport shuttle, free breakfast). Tell them you are part of the Goodreads group for a special rate of $74 per night (plus tax). If you want to share, a room with two queens would work well. The rate for rooms with two queens or one king is the same. We can book rooms from May 17 (Friday night) to May 21 (Tuesday night). Events will be hosted on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I will give more information here once we have signed our contract with the hotel. I will give a number to call at that time.

Schedule for Spokane May 2013

Saturday, May 18
Free breakfast in the hotel – your own schedule
9:30 to 10:30 – meet and greet in our conference room at the hotel

10:30 to 3:00 -- carpool to Jillian Hart’s for a ‘Christmas Party in May’
See Jillian’s infamous Christmas tree, enjoy hot cider/chocolate and Christmas cookies, have a delicious holiday lunch, and hear Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad each read from their 2013 Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides novellas (to be released December 2013).

Back to hotel
5:00 to 7:00 – Pizza party in the conference room at the hotel.

Sunday, May 19

Free breakfast in the hotel - your own schedule

10:30 to 12:15 – devotions in our conference room at the hotel
A devotional with lessons in fellowship from Biblical stories (after all, fellowship is what we’re about in Goodreads). Followed by a time of prayer and praise.

12:45 approx – We welcome Ausjenny!

1:00 – 2:30 --Off to Sunday dinner together at a local restaurant (place to be determined, each one pays for their own, I think the hotel shuttle will take us if it’s some place close).

3:00 to 6:00 – Open conversation in our conference room at the hotel. I plan to bring a Scrabble game and Rummikub game for those who'd like to play. If some want to go swimming, this is a good time for that, too.

Monday, May 20

Free breakfast in the hotel -- your own schedule

10:00 to 2:00 -- Carpool to Jillian Hart’s for an after-Christmas party with games, conversation, and a light lunch. Jillian’s tree will still be up and Christmas will be in the air.

2:30 to 4:30 – A Special Reader Appreciation Tea hosted by Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad (at a location still to be determined -- we have our eyes on a place called Brambleberry Cottage and Jillian is going to check them out -- they have rave reviews on their scones and various teas).

4:30 carpool back to the hotel

Casual time then – people can talk in the hotel, go out to eat together if they are hungry, or rest in their rooms.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Janet-Tronstad wrote: "I am posting this summary of the details for our May 18-20, 2013 meeting so that it easy to find. Conversations will still be posting to the other thread.

Hotel Details for our Spokane Meeting

W..."

Dear Lord, please intervene in these plans for the future. If it be thy will, may all of the people who desire to meet Ausjenny and join together for a special writer/reader event be allowed to travel to Spokane. We thank for new friends and online friends that you have provided! In Christ's name, Mary and Us

message 3: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 21, 2012 11:05AM) (new)

Mary -- I know you said you'd like to come. I'm praying you will be able to along with everyone else who has voiced that hope.

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments this sounds so cool.

message 5: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 21, 2012 03:06PM) (new)

It feels like one great big party, doesn't it, Ausjenny? And, I must say, many of us going really need a party with friends.

PS -- I should also say that Jillian and I are determined to make this event the best ever so if anyone has ideas, let's hear them.

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Sure does. Hey there is a swimming pool there!

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

There sure in Ausjenny -- and, I believe, a hot tub. Maybe Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday after tea -- or either morning -- you should set some time aside to swim.

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments So nice to look forward to but if it's May then I'll have to be ready to jump into another Arizona summer and it's just getting to where they are talking about it maybe going into the 90's so I look forward to it but don't think I'll rush time any faster than it already rushes by!

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

I am posting the link to the hotel so everyone can see the photos of the place --

http://www.wingatehotels.com/hotels/w...

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments True Judy I am loving our weather here now. its around 24 they say today (not yet but later) thats about 78ish.

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Ausjenny wrote: "True Judy I am loving our weather here now. its around 24 they say today (not yet but later) thats about 78ish."
Oh perfect weather! We were in Maryland last week and it was gorgeous. The 70's & 80's and not humid. We are still in the hundreds but they are talking of cooler weather (yup we get excited when it gets in the 90's)

message 12: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments Sounds fantastic, Janet! I'm sure we'll all think about it and see if there is anything else. Im Just excited to see Jillian's Christmas tree! Here in Oregon someone flipped a switched on the weather overnight! We have had temps in the 80's for weeks and then all of the sudden today we went to 65 and cloudy with drizzle! It was great! Fall has arrived!

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments i hope the plane in isn't running late. I know it says we get in at 12.40pm but not sure how long it takes to get the shuttle etc.

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

Not to worry, Ausjenny -- we'll be close to the hotel anyway. Flights do get delayed and we can call and check with the airport if we have your flight number.

message 15: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments That sound so fun Janet! I think the schedule is great so far! I am getting more excited all the time thinking about it! :)

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments If I do decide to make the trip, I would need to share a room...would that make it half the price? Is there anyone else who might need to do that also? I do not snore. I am pretty quiet at night, reading about an hour before I fall asleep.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, if you share, it would be half of the price. Let's see if anyone here also wants to share.

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Mary which days are you hoping to be there? I will be there Sunday and monday night I dont snore but i also dont sleep well. Not sure if I want to share or not yet.

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Mary which days are you hoping to be there? I will be there Sunday and monday night I dont snore but i also dont sleep well. Not sure if I want to share or not yet."

Will have to brainstorm some more, but probably 2 nights also...will keep in touch...

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Oh, this sounds so nice! I love the Wingate Hotels, they are so nice! I'm hoping that I might be able to come. Wonder if I can make it or if I can get a roomie!

message 21: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments I can't take on a roomy as hubby will be with me.

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Maybe I will see if hubby wants to come with me.

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments We may need a list of who wants to share and what days etc.

message 24: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Kathy wrote: "Maybe I will see if hubby wants to come with me."
BTW, that is so neat that you got to spend time with Jenny, Athos and Ethan. I bet she is such a sweetheart.

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

Kathy -- it would be great to see you there (and your hubby, too, if he can come).

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Jenny is a doll! We were roommates at the ACFW conference a couple years ago. I just love her. I guess they adopted me as family. Ethan didn't want me to leave. That was a special moment. I'm hoping hubby will want to come. If we drive two drivers are better than one.

message 27: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Kathy wrote: "Jenny is a doll! We were roommates at the ACFW conference a couple years ago. I just love her. I guess they adopted me as family. Ethan didn't want me to leave. That was a special moment. I'm hopin..."
I read all three of her books and have been following Ethan's progress. My husband spent many years at Mayo in Rochester. Glad Ethan didn't need the surgery.

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments excuse my ignorance but who is Jenny?

message 29: by Judy (last edited Sep 23, 2012 11:23PM) (new)

Judy | 277 comments Jennifer Rogers Spinola
She has a Sushi Series
Southern Fried Sushi, Sweet Potato Pie and 'Til Grits Do Us Part

message 30: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Ok thanks.

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Ok thanks."
Sorry for the confusion.

message 32: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 20 comments This sounds great! I am hoping to come as well! I've been emailing with Janet about it, so I'm really looking forward to this!

Dream

message 33: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'm hoping you can come, too, Love Inspired (AKA Dream for those who know her as such from Harlequin.com)!

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Dream That would be (ok dont hit me) A Dream if you can come.
I am thinking of flying overnight (whats the difference from flying at say midnight to getting up at 3am!) It would get me there a bit earlier and I can take a nano nap.

message 35: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 29, 2012 03:52PM) (new)

Okay, I'm making a list just for my information --

These are the ones I have that are planning to come:

Judy and husband
Valri and husband
Melody (and guest??)
Laura Loves 2 Read
Ausjenny
Love Inspired (Dream) and friend
Mary ?
Kathy? and husband?
Jillian Hart
Janet Tronstad

And we have the hopeful

Caroline Godin
Jack and Barbara Horn
Jennifer
Barbara
Melissa
Kimberly and husband
Paula-O

message 36: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny -- I definitely find it easier to get on a plane at midnight rather than pull myself out of bed at three in the morning!

message 37: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) | 107 comments oooh!! I'm getting so excited. : )

message 38: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Instead of having to drive to Idaho...I'm trying to talk our son into meeting us in Spokane so he can have quality time with his dad.

message 39: by JanetTronstad (new)

Now that would be a good solution, Judy!

message 40: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Just looked there are no flights in earlier than the time if I fly on the Sunday. and that way I get some sleep. Idont sleep on planes. still wondering how the 24 hours with stop overs to Atlanta will go.

message 41: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yeah, Ausjenny, you're going to be tired (but then maybe not -- if it was me, I'd be excited enough to do with less sleep for a day or two and then I would crash)!

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Sounds like so much fun! =)

I dont think..that I can go - but Im one of those that need a party with friends!

message 43: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 29, 2012 02:57PM) (new)

Then, Melissa, I'm going to say a prayer that somehow you can come!! This is an unusual chance to meet friends you already have! And I added you to the list among the 'hopefuls.' I figure we never know in life what blessings might come.

Kimberlyisreading | 71 comments Just saw the post- I'll talk to my husband and see- so please us to the hopefuls! Spokane is only 300 miles away, might be nice to take the train- who knows! what a wonderful idea!!!

message 45: by JanetTronstad (new)

I've added you to the list, Kimberly!! How exciting!

Kimberlyisreading | 71 comments I'm so excited- and all I can think about is how amazing God is to bring this idea to y'all and put it in motion, open the doors to making this trip for Ausjenny possible and to be able to meet everyone- we have such an awesome God!

message 47: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments List me as a hopeful Janet - we never know what can happen with that many months still ahead of us, I would love to see and visit with all of you...

message 48: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, yes, Paula-O!! That would be wonderful if you could come!

message 49: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I overheard my husband talking to my daughter (in Arizona) the other night and he was telling her all about this trip to Spokane! I didn't think he was even that interested in coming until I overheard him talking to her! I still don't know if he's coming for sure but I sure am!!!

message 50: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Valri wrote: "I overheard my husband talking to my daughter (in Arizona) the other night and he was telling her all about this trip to Spokane! I didn't think he was even that interested in coming until I overh..."
Where in Arizona Valri? We are in West Valley Phoenix.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9