The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Randomness > David Tennant Appreciation Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 337 (337 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) There. We swooning fangirls needed to have an official thread dedicated to our favorite Scottish person, David Tennant. I don't know why he's so hot. David doesn't know himself, either, but one thing's for sure - brainy (and geeky!) is the new sexy. I think it's his hair, his face, his Doctor-ness, his Scottish accent which slips out sometimes, his... gah! Just look for yourself and see.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
ALLONS-Y LADIES!

message 3: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments Oh Thanks Eris! He is brilliant as the Doctor!

I think I can remember the exact moment when I fell in love with the Tenth Doctor. Yes. The "Did you Miss me?" quote in Christmas Invasion. And everything else that followed after that.

From then on, Ten grew on me like a moss! And the entire credit goes to David Tennant for making the character so adorable, so warm , so exuberant! Every little quirkyness, the smile, the pin strip suit, the converse, the "Allons-y!". Oh! I can go on the whole day. Those quirks and those trademark catchphrases were made a part of the folklore because of Tennant - so beautifully did he incorporate those in the character!

He is my Doctor and always will be!

message 4: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) So correct, Maitrayee. :) David Tennant is a magnificent actor (setting aside the fact that he is super mega foxy awesome hot), and the love and delight that he brought to playing the Doctor was incredible. I got to know the New Who Doctors all at once, but he was the one who got stuck in my heart, for some reason. I love all the Doctors, but he will always be my Doctor.

message 5: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments I think no hug can be warmer than the Tenth Doctor hug. :D

message 6: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments Do you have any idea what I would give for a Tenth Doctor Hug???

I would freaking DIE.

Seriously, if I could've been part of an episode and gotten a Tenth Doctor hug I would never be depressed again.

message 7: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments Well it makes me so happy when I see him hugging on screen! I forget all my stress!

We can only dream for a David Tennant hug for ourselves. But isnt it great to feel the emotions so vividly even though its on screen ? I give all credit to.Tennant to make the character so larger than life!

message 8: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Oh thank you so much! I have really come to love and appreciate Matt Smith and even the re-runs with doctor 9 I enjoy. By my heart was captivated the first time I saw David. I think it was the episode where he met Martha. I always felt sorry for her too. As cliched as it may have been I was so happy that Rose was able to live with her version of Doctor 10. The joking with Donna and her standing up to him made them a hilariously matched couple of friends. As for the geekiness with the glasses does it for me.

Is it okay to be a swooning fangirl even if I have a few years on him?

I think David is a terrific actor and he was very funny in Fright Night, especially when we first met his character who reminded me Jack Sparrow. As he began to divest himself of the persona it got funnier and funnier.

Everyone keep posting those wonderful pics of him. Eris, that first one you posted here is really cute. He looks so adorable.

message 9: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee David Tennant is the hottest man in the universe. And its not just my opinion either.

message 10: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Well he's definitely at the top of my list. I have to say, there is one other geeky character I like. I hate to admit it But Doctor Reeve on Criminal Minds. Sometimes I ask myself what makes me go for these thin geeky guys that are so much younger? But of course Matthew Grey Gubler (Reeve) comes no where near David

message 11: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) ooops what got into me? It's Reid not Reeve.

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 1507 comments Maitrayee wrote: "I think no hug can be warmer than the Tenth Doctor hug. :D"

Yeah :D

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 1507 comments Eris ~ Time Lord Unvictorious wrote: "There. We swooning fangirls needed to have an official thread dedicated to our favorite Scottish person, David Tennant. I don't know why he's so hot. David doesn't know himself, either, but one thi..."

I love that picture ^^

message 14: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments What! No posts for our beloved Doctor!

I watched Journey's End again yesterday and I cried again because I like to torment myself. :,-(

message 15: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) I watched The End of Time, Part 2 a few days ago. Not only did I like it much better than the first part (it only gave me a few giggles rather than the non-stop snickering that Part 1 gave me), but I got a little waterey eyed at the end. My mom watched it with me, and she liked how they sent Ten off. Some of the plot points were a little silly (as with a lot of Russell T. Davies' work), but if you ignore that and focus on what the episode was trying to communicate it was excellent.

Mom and I really liked that he got to see all his companions. That was what got me really teary-eyed. :(

message 16: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) me too... watched part of Journey's End this afternoon; will finish in a few hours. Catherine Tate and David are so hilarious in this episode. There is a chemistry that's for sure. I never realized what a great comedic actress Catherine was until I saw her on Doctor Who. Funny, my daughter used to love Ab Fab and I never even recognized it was the same actress.

message 17: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments I just watched Voyage of the damned. The tenth doctor is AWESOME !!!! The episode was a bit sad considering the people who died.
I am about to watch *The Next Doctor* also with David Tennant as The Doctor.

message 18: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Nield (johannanield) | 5 comments I'm not sure if I should admit this here, but David inspired the physical aspects of my main character (Jamie). If I'm ever lucky enough to sell the TV/film rights, it will be under the condition that David agrees to play that role ;)

message 19: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 1507 comments lol cool

message 20: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments TENNANT. IS. AWESOME.

And he freaking knows it, too! LOL :P

message 21: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) oh coo el pic and caption. So does that mean you think he has a bit of an ego problem. That's a shame and so un-Doctor like.

message 22: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments I had this discussion with an online friend somewhere. Do you guys think the Tenth Doctor flirted with Martha and led her on so that she became attracted to him? I kind of feel the opposite.

message 23: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) David Tennant most definitely does not have an ego problem. In every interview that I see or read of him, and he is asked about how he is one of the sexiest men alive (polls have proven this), he starts to blush and explain how he does not understand it. He says that throughout his life he's always been someone nobody finds attractive, so he's a little surprised that girls now think he's sexy.

message 24: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Interesting ... we're discussing David Tennant's possible ego and Doctor Ten's. Two different characters. Eris, I haven't read a lot of interviews with David but I will take your word for it and based on the little I have read about him.
The Doctor, on the other hand, I think had to have what some might call an ego. It wasn't really ego but The Doctor was smarter than humans -- a fact and so he had to let that show to work with humans. He had to have the confidence, noticeable whenever he said "I am the Doctor". And yet at the same time the Doctor has a humility in realizing that he is responsible for some negative things that have happened.
One episode where I thought some ego came out (appropriately) was when Doctor 10 tried to change the history of the Mars Expedition (was it "Water on Mars"?) I liked the idea that they had at least one episode where the Doctor chooses incorrectly and we the viewers know that he did. He was a little arrogant in believing that he had the right to change history, that he knew better.
But I guess my question was referring to the the picture with the quote "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am". I loved it but wondered if it was supposed to be David or Doctor saying it.
One reason I liked Donna as a companion was that she put any egotistical sides of Doctor Ten in his place.

RE: Martha and the Doctor. I have always had the feeling that Martha was attracted to him from the beginning he didn't flirt or try to lead her on. He was totally oblivious (like most of us guys are) that she even was interested in a relationship with him. It wasn't until she had left that he realized she did have a crush (or obsession or other major attraction) to him.

message 26: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee I agree with Kirk....He didn't lead her on, he just didn't know.

message 27: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I don't think he lead her on either. I think he was just so unaware of the signs. I really felt sorry for her in the episodes about the Family of Blood. But Martha did grow stronger once she accepted the fact that he did and would not return her love.

message 28: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee Yeah, and in the end she finds (view spoiler) and it's all ok :)

message 29: by Maitrayee (new)

Maitrayee | 62 comments Exactly! I think it was Martha who really flirted with the Doctor, although the Doctor was completely unaware that she was! He was so oblivious. So he didn't know.

message 30: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy)

message 31: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments OH yes!

message 32: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I second that!

message 33: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee Is it just me, or is he even more atractive with scruf?

message 34: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments ...Personally, I think facial hair is gross. :/ But his gaze is so intense, it overrides it!

message 35: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) Just looking at his eyes makes my stomach go wibbly. Georgia Moffet is so lucky to go home to that every day.

message 36: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) The eyes ... you're right. They carry so much expression. Sometimes as the Doctor he didn't have to "say" anything, just give a look and you knew what the character was supposed to be thinking.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 147 comments I'm embarrassed that my stomach flipped a little when I saw that picture. Very embarrassed.

message 38: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments Karen B wrote: "oh coo el pic and caption. So does that mean you think he has a bit of an ego problem. That's a shame and so un-Doctor like."

Okay, I feel an overwhelming need to clear this up.

I THINK NEITHER TENNANT NOR THE DOCTOR HAVE AN EGO PROBLEM. IT WAS A FUNNY PICTURE I FOUND ON THE INTERNET. DON'T EVEN GO THERE! I WOULD NEVER DARE THINK SUCH A DEMEANING THING ABOUT TEN OR TENNANT.

Whew, much better.

Why does a funny picture mean I think he has an ego problem, anyways? Catch a joke, people!

message 39: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments Karen B wrote: "Interesting ... we're discussing David Tennant's possible ego and Doctor Ten's. Two different characters. Eris, I haven't read a lot of interviews with David but I will take your word for it and ..."

...It was just meant to be funny. Mindless entertainment. Nothing serious! That's how I fangirl. Sorry, I guess, if it confused people.

message 40: by Isabel~domolover (last edited Oct 13, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

Isabel~domolover | 19 comments Isn't he in a new tv sieres i can't remember the name of it

The only Doctor that I ever heard of having an ego, or was a problem to work with was Tom Baker. More so in the later years I think. Most of it was just hearsay so I don't know what the sources are or how accurate they were.

Oh wait I have heard that Christopher Eccleston had problems with some of the production crew (or maybe there was a specific incident that someone talked about that has been blown out of proportion)

As for getting along with others any actor I'm sure from time to time will have a problem with someone. No matter how hard YOU try sometimes you run into someone who has their own problems dealing with people and so their negativity clashes with your positive energy.

Isabel wrote: "Isn't he in a new tv sieres i can't remember the name of it"

I have seen some talk of something from the BBC America and Doctor Who pages on Facebook. He is working on a series called "Broadchurch" as a PI or some sort of plainclothes police detective and there is some movie called "Nativity 2" that he is in.

message 43: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) *runs to Wikipedia* Let's see, we have Spies of Warsaw, True Love, The Politician's Husband, and Broadchurch. Spies of Warsaw sounds really interesting to a World War II history buff like me! I can't wait for it to come out.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I. Just. Passed. Out.

DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *faints* What just happened? Oh yeah. DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *passes out again* DAVID TENNANT! DAVID TENNANT! DAVID TENNANT! DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *watches "The Decoy Bride"* *dies* DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm his biggest fangirl and DONT give me that look. It's not like I've memorized his wikipedia page. Twice. Fine, three times! Can I just say.... DAVID TENNANT!

message 45: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Ocampo (seeyouspacecowboy) *snicker* I was waiting for you to find this thread.

message 46: by Marlene (new)

message 47: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Eris, thank you.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I needed this. :)

message 49: by Marlene (new)

May I draw your attention to the way David Tennant is looking at the camera? Now let all of us fangirls imagine that David is not actually looking at the camera. He is looking at us.

message 50: by Marlene (new)

The two Doctors. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7