Sonia's Book Club discussion

mobi converter

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richie (new)

Richie Earl (richieearl) Can anyone tell me how to convert my manuscript (for free), which is a word document, to mobi.

I would really appreciate some advice and will give a free copy of The Legend of Finndragon's Curse to all contributors (that is if you want one) when I successfully complete conversion.

message 2: by Qwillia (new)

Qwillia (httpwwwgoodreadscomqwillia) | 1 comments You can upload a copy of MobiPocket Creator for Publishers on Amazon and save your Word document as a Web Page, Filtered. Then you can create a mobi formatted ebook. Make sure you go through the html code of your book to eliminate the "clear=all" that tends to show up at the end of chapters. There's also the formatting of your chapter headings...if you use headings and want them centered, make sure at the beginning of each chapter in the code for formatting, you include the html tag "h1 align=center", then when you set up the table of contents list the h1 and align then center.
If you want a good step by step guide, Elijana Kindel has a $0.99 book, Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) Guide to Formatting for ePublishing.