What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Young Adult novel from the 1990s

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments I read this back when I was young and it was about two guys who dress as chicks to join an all girl band to perform. It was in like seattle I think. a mobster falls for one of the "girls" and the other "girl" falls in love with the lead singer. Its not some like it hot but same premise I think

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6960 comments Mod
Andrea--how long ago were you "young"? 2 years, 10 years, 40 years? And was it old or new then? And children's, YA or Adult?

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) If the book was from the 90's, I would think that would narrow it down better than Andrea's age.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments I was in a pre-teen and it was ya

message 5: by The Elusive (new)

The Elusive (fridelain) | 65 comments Sounds like the plot of the movie Some Like It Hot (1959)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053291/s...

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments Andrea wrote: "I was in a pre-teen and it was ya"

it was a similar plot but it wasn't some like it hot

message 7: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20648 comments Mod
Do you remember any details about the cover?

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4054 comments I ran into a book with a similar to yours while looking for something else. The Boys in the Band The Boys in the Band (Rock 'n' Roll Summer, No 1) by Todd Strasser.

The Amazon description says: Pretending to be girls in order to join an all-girl music group, Frank and Eddie find their plans thwarted when Frank falls in love with Sharkbait Joe's girlfriend--and Sharkbait Joe falls in love with Eddie.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) no response...