What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Young Adult novel from the 1990s; two guys dress as girls and join an all-girl band.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments I read this back when I was young and it was about two guys who dress as chicks to join an all girl band to perform. It was in like seattle I think. a mobster falls for one of the "girls" and the other "girl" falls in love with the lead singer. Its not some like it hot but same premise I think

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Andrea--how long ago were you "young"? 2 years, 10 years, 40 years? And was it old or new then? And children's, YA or Adult?

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) If the book was from the 90's, I would think that would narrow it down better than Andrea's age.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments I was in a pre-teen and it was ya

message 5: by The Elusive (new)

The Elusive (fridelain) | 65 comments Sounds like the plot of the movie Some Like It Hot (1959)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053291/s...

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 9 comments Andrea wrote: "I was in a pre-teen and it was ya"

it was a similar plot but it wasn't some like it hot

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Do you remember any details about the cover?

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5013 comments I ran into a book with a similar to yours while looking for something else. The Boys in the Band The Boys in the Band (Rock 'n' Roll Summer, No 1) by Todd Strasser .

The Amazon description says: Pretending to be girls in order to join an all-girl music group, Frank and Eddie find their plans thwarted when Frank falls in love with Sharkbait Joe's girlfriend--and Sharkbait Joe falls in love with Eddie.