The Witchlings Coven discussion

Books, Books and more Books! > What makes the perfect cover!

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Turner (amandaturner06) | 79 comments Mod
What do you think makes the perfect cover? Add your favorites and tell us why.

message 2: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments 1 The selected color and the eye striking title
2 the writing format
3 The size of the cover
4 The publisher logo

message 3: by Tuan (new)

Tuan Ho (TuanHo444) | 6 comments The colours and the font.

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Oct 05, 2012 01:02AM) (new)

Lisa Vazquezanzua (LisaVaz) | 87 comments Mod
What makes a perfect cover?
Colors, designs, some texture to the cover, a pic of the main character(s) that relates to the storyline. Here are some examples:
Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington This cover is beautiful and catches your eye. And it shows the MC and what she is, an angel.
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead For this one it is right on. It shows you the MC and the tattoo that is one of the important things in the story.
Untamed (House of Night, #4) by P.C. Cast This one I love, well all HoN series, because they have added texture to the tattoo designs. And the tattoos are a huge part of the book and they show us what they look like. Love that about a cover.
Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz The Blue Blood series have very attractive covers that draw you in like HoN series. This cover design and title obviously go perfect together. And when you finish reading it, you understand why they named the book Masquerade.

(Sorry it’s so long. But for me writing out what I am trying to say is hard sometimes. But using examples like the covers above is easier to understand what I am trying to get across. :P)

message 5: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments you are right Liza

message 6: by Imasha (new)

Imasha Love amanda's covers!!! They are so pretty!

message 7: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Sanchez (Dobby2266) The colors and whats on the cover is what I look for. I like the vampire academy and bloodlines cover and Vampire Kisses covers:) I like when the cover is based on something in the book.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vazquezanzua (LisaVaz) | 87 comments Mod
Jocelyn wrote: "The colors and whats on the cover is what I look for. I like the vampire academy and bloodlines cover and Vampire Kisses covers:) I like when the cover is based on something in the book."

Same here, I love Vampire Academy & Bloodlines Series covers to!

message 9: by Love (new)

Love (Vampirelol) | 7 comments book cover is somthing like mystry form the book that makes readers impatience to figure out what the mystry is