Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Favorite Books & Authors > Marcia Lynn McClure

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Sep 20, 2012 10:12PM) (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 629 comments Mod
I thought it'd be fun to have another folder where we can discuss our favorite books or authors. I'll start things off with one of my very favorite authors, she's definitely an auto buy for me. I don't even need to know what the book is about, I'll just buy it and know I'll enjoy it.

I read my first McClure book May 2010, I came across her books when a fellow book blogger (Chantele) reviewed one of hers books on her site. I am so glad I saw that review, I have read all of McClure 's books since then, twice! My first McClure book was Weathered Too Young, which is still a favorite of mine. I love McClure books because they are filled with romance (can you say amazing kissing!), lovable heros (yummy) and lovable heroines. I love that McClure writes in all sorts of genres from contemporary to western. Pretty much whatever mood you are in she has written it. She is a great go-to author for great clean romance. Below are a few of my favorites, in random order. Which are your favorites?

The Visions of Ransom Lake by Marcia Lynn McClure The Highwayman of Tanglewood by Marcia Lynn McClure Shackles of Honor by Marcia Lynn McClure Desert Fire by Marcia Lynn McClure The Pirate Ruse by Marcia Lynn McClure Love Me by Marcia Lynn McClure Daydreams by Marcia Lynn McClure The Light of the Lover's Moon by Marcia Lynn McClure The Whispered Kiss by Lynn Marcia McClure The Tide of the Mermaid Tears by Marcia Lynn McClure

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 187 comments Mod
I also love Marcia's books!! My first one was The Heavenly Surrender--I read it about 8+ years ago. I believe I found it by looking at a pamphlet at the library and thought I'd give it a go. It's so hard to choose a favorite (or two or three) because they're all so different and it depends on my mood, but...I do love The Heavenly Surrender, Shackles of Honor, A Crimson Frost, An Old Fashioned Romance, and Visions of Ransom Lake.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

I know, it's hard to narrow it down. I'm juat glad she has written so many awesome books and plans to write many more. I'm only sad that I've already read all of them and am now left waiting for new ones to be released. She can't write fast enough! :)

message 4: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 169 comments Mod
My aunt introduced me to Marcia when I was up in Utah visiting family. I spent the night at her house and she let me read The Time of Aspen Falls. Ummm... I could not put it down! I finally made myself stop reading at 3:30am so I could get some sleep... got up at 7:00am... ate breakfast... and went right back to reading! As soon as I got back home I starting buying her books. She is an automatic buy for me as well! I don't care what the book is about... just give it to me! Hehe. I love ALL of her books but I do have an all time favorite for each genre.

They are:

Kissing Cousins by Marcia Lynn McClure A Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClure Untethered by Marcia Lynn McClure

I pre-ordered her newest book the day I received her newsletter and I can't wait to read it! :o)

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
NO ONE WRITES THEM LIKE MARCIA!!!! She never disappoints! A friend of mine told me that I had to read Dusty Britches (back in 2009)....that book was checked out at the Library so I checked out Heavenly Surrender and The Whispered Kiss:) Life will never be the same;)I became utterly and entirely hooked! Her books are my de-stressing therapy:)lol....I LOVE THEM ALL! I now have every "girl" member of my family addicted a long with many many friends!
My sisters and my mom and I have been able to go to her Meet and Greet in Logan the last two years and it was an absolute blast! Meeting her and Kevin (along with their two boys)...made me love her and her books even more! Such fun!

message 6: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments I just ordered my first Marcia book from amazon this week. I can't wait for it to come in the mail! (Still don't have my kindle, hubby wants me to give it to me for Christmas ☺). I ordered Shackles of Honor since ALL my Goodreads friends love it. I CAN'T WAIT!!

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Chrissy- I can't believe you haven't read McClure before!! I'm jealous you get to look forward to reading all her books now! I hope you end up liking them as much as I do.

I could be wrong, but I think she started writing stories for her friends. If I remember right, her friend was a nurse and loved to read romance novels. I think there was a fire or something and she lost a bunch of her books. So Marcia decided to write her a story. Since then she has written other books for her friends as well. I guess it's that personal touch that makes me like them so much. They are pretty conflict free and the main love interests seem to fall for each other rather easily, and I admit, I used to think they were sometimes a tad cheesy, but now I just love them.

Marcia had a sale a year or so ago and all her ebooks were like $2 and I talked my hubby into letting me get all of them! It was a great Christmas present!

message 8: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments Kathy, I am so excited. Thanks for the background, this will be so fun. That sounds like an awesome Christmas present! I know I will love my kindle and I will probably read even more than I do now :).

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Visions of Ransom Lake and The Highway man of tanglewood were MUST reads!!! My sister doesn't like romance and I convinced her to read those and she could NOT put them down!!

I do have to say I love Marcia McClure too but if you read too many books right in a row they do kind of get overwhelming. I have to give myself a little brake with a different author between books. But still love her!

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments I know I am late to the discussion but I think all of MLM are must reads. I do have some favorites in each genre, they are Western: Dusty Britches, Contemporary: Kissing Cousins, and Regency: Highwayman of Tanglewood.

Of course I love and own most of them. I went to a meet and greet with a friend and met her and Kevin. They are so down to earth. He is a heart throb and a half. I can see why all of her hero's are based on Kevin. Even now with his salt and pepper hair he is a hunk. (Can I say hunk anymore???) Anyway he is a hottie!!!!

I have never been disappointed when I buy her books sight unseen. I wish I could write like she does!!!

message 11: by Kathy Jo (new)

I am proud to say that I have hooked yet ANOTHER person on Marcia's books! I ended up buying one of the new Kindle Fires so I sent my sister in Virginia my old one. I had downloaded Shackles of Honor to her account while it was free and told her it was the first book that she had to read when she got the Kindle. I got a text message from her yesterday telling me that it was all my fault. I asked what in the world she was talking about and she said the only thing she wanted to do was read but couldn't! She had to make cupcakes for one of the girls at work, cook dinner for her family, clean it up, do a load of laundry and then had to get the kids in bed. After that she MAY have time to read. I about died laughing and told her... "Welcome to the club! It's all Aunt Shari's fault! And don't worry... you'll have LOTS of time to read once the baby comes... in December!" I couldn't see her but I'm sure she was giving me a dirty look!! Hehe. She makes #7! I love when I can get people hooked! ;o)

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 350 comments Kathy Jo wrote: "I am proud to say that I have hooked yet ANOTHER person on Marcia's books! I ended up buying one of the new Kindle Fires so I sent my sister in Virginia my old one. I had downloaded Shackles of Hon..."

:o) Thanks to Cindy & Kathy & Katie I found out about Marcia McClure, and after reading one of her books I was hooked, I have now passed that obession onto my sister and my mom and they can't get enough either!

message 13: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments The Bewitching of Amoretta Ipswich is now available in ebook. Just got it! Yeah!!!!

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Teryn wrote: "The Bewitching of Amoretta Ipswich is now available in ebook. Just got it! Yeah!!!!"

I am jealous my soft cover will hopefully ship soon!!!!! Sometimes having an ebook would be helpful.

message 15: by Kathy (new)

I just downloaded it too! I'm so excited to start!

message 16: by Teryn (last edited Oct 12, 2012 07:34AM) (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Still waiting for my soft cover too. I know, I'm pathetic...have all ebooks as well as paperbacks. :)

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Teryn wrote: "Still waiting for my soft cover too. I know, I'm pathetic...have all ebooks as well as paperbacks. :)"

Not pathetic just prepared for any emegency.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Oh McCLure...how I love thee.

message 19: by Kathy Jo (new)

Wait! Make that 8 people... I forgot about my sister-in-law! LOL.

And P.S. I'm trying to refrain from downloading the ebook and just be patient and wait for the soft cover to get here! The wait is KILLING me though!! Haha!!

message 20: by Kathy (new)

KJ- You're doing the world a service by sharing McClure books! I hope lots and lots of people read her books so she will never stop writing!! You're going to love this newest one, her westerns are so good!!

message 21: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments I just read my first (second, and third) Marcia McClure book this week. She is amazing! I'm so glad I joined this group, or I might have continued to miss out on her books. Now I can be grateful to have been introduced to her and Donna Hatch. You guys showed me two new favorite authors!

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Jessie, that is soooo exciting! Hatch and McClure are so amazing. It is truly a basic human right to read one of their books(or ALL of them). I am glad you have enjoyed the group so far.

message 23: by Jessie (last edited Nov 17, 2013 11:04PM) (new)

Jessie | 191 comments Alright, now that I've read every MLM book (multiple times), I can try to list my favorites: Kissing Cousins by Marcia Lynn McClure Daydreams by Marcia Lynn McClure A Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClure Untethered by Marcia Lynn McClure The Trove of the Passion Room by Marcia Lynn McClure The Visions of Ransom Lake by Marcia Lynn McClure. It is very hard to stop listing favorites!

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Jessie- Those are good ones! It is so hard to narrow them down, huh?

She should have a new novella coming out soon. I'm excited! I have to admit, I kinda think her novellas are overpriced. $9 for a shorter story just seems high to me. Especially for an ebook.

message 25: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments Kathy wrote: "Jessie- Those are good ones! It is so hard to narrow them down, huh?

She should have a new novella coming out soon. I'm excited! I have to admit, I kinda think her novellas are overpriced. $9 for ..."

I agree, yet I still can't make myself wait to read them!

message 26: by Kathy (new)

I just received Marcia's (we're on a first name basis, lol) newsletter and was so excited to see she has four books planned for release this year! *happy dance*

I was thinking it'd be fun to have a McClure marathon some time, maybe devote a month to only reading McClure books or something. Any one else think that sounds like fun? Maybe we could do something similar to what NewLDSFiction does (they have July LDS author month where you only read books by LDS authors). Maybe I could even host a few giveaways/prizes through my blog.

message 27: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments Kathy, you're a genius! That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in!

message 28: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments I can always reread a McClure book :)

message 29: by Samina (new)

Samina | 17 comments that would be great :)

message 30: by Maria (new)

Maria | 6 comments That's a splendid idea! I've never read anything by McClure but I was planning on reading Weathered Too Young before the end of the summer!

message 31: by Kathy (new)

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Marcia! and Maria, that was the very first book I read of hers, its still a favorite of mine.

So, do you want to do our McClure Awareness Month in August or September? :) I'll put up a poll question on our page...

message 32: by Kathy (new)

In case anyone missed it, I put up a poll question about when we should have our read-a-thon. Also, once it's decided I'll post more info on how to participate, etc. I bought most of my books from Marcia's website, but I got a few from Amazon so I'll check and see which ones are loanable and post that list as well, for anyone who wants to borrow one.

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria | 6 comments Kathy wrote: "Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Marcia! and Maria, that was the very first book I read of hers, its still a favorite of mine.

So, do you want to do our McClure Awareness Month in Aug..."

That's amazing, Kathy! I'm so looking forward to it! I voted ;)

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalu) | 3 comments Great idea! Marcia is all about the upcoming season! It would be perfect! How can we get even more people on board?

message 35: by Kathy (new)

Hey Lisa!
I'm happy so many people are looking forward to this as much as I am. I'm open to any ideas. I'm hoping those participating will tell their friends or maybe post on their own blogs. Do you think she would be willing to post about it on Facebook or maybe even in her newsletter? I'm not sure how else to reach all her fans.

I was planning on emailing Marcia to see if she'd be willing to do an author interview, I was going to have participants submit questions. I was also thinking it would be fun to do some book trivia throughout and maybe even some polls.

message 36: by Kathy (new)

Another fun idea would maybe have Marcia autograph a book or something.

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 187 comments Mod
I'll definitely spread it around on my social media! Just let me know when. :)

message 38: by Kathy (last edited Aug 02, 2014 10:12AM) (new)

I just remembered there is a Marcia McClure group page on Goodreads, that would probably be a good place to let people know about the event as well. As far as I know there is only the one group on here? Maybe I'll post about it in some of the other clean groups on here as well.

message 39: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarahart5) | 43 comments I've only read one MLM book (shockingly enough!), but I really enjoyed it (Whispered Kiss), so I'd be up for this, too! But I just went on my Kindle and noticed I own nine books of hers that I haven't read yet (yet another reason that finishing all my purchased Kindle books is on my bucket list). ;) So I'm on board for this!

message 40: by Kathy (new)

That's a fun surprise, you're already all set!! :)

message 41: by Melody (new)

Melody | 7 comments I am new here, saw your post in her group. I don't need to be asked to re-read, I do it all the time! ;) She's my ultimate favorite, and I don't have a single complaint about any. I could read her only and be perfectly content. :)

message 42: by Kathy (new)

Melody- Yay, its always fun to meet another McClure fan! I know the feeling, I love reading her books. They are all such a fun escape.

Everyone- I contact Marcia and she is so excited for this event! I thought it'd be fun to host an author interview, so if anyone has any questions they'd like for Marcia to answer start sending them my way.!

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
What a fun idea Kathy!

message 44: by Ahsan (new)

Ahsan | 1 comments nice

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Hi I'm a teen (and new to this group) who recently read my first Marcia Lynn McClure book, "The Highwayman of Tanglewood" because my mother told me too. I was worried I wouldn't like it but it kept me up til way early in the morning! I've been browsing for more of her books, my mom has tons! I can't wait to start another one.

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kristen wrote: "Kathy Jo wrote: "I am proud to say that I have hooked yet ANOTHER person on Marcia's books! I ended up buying one of the new Kindle Fires so I sent my sister in Virginia my old one. I had downloade..."

Kristen, I'm putting together a list of the top ten favorite MLM books for Swoon Fest. Can you send me a list of your top ten? :)