Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

Help me please. Well you see i was wondering and don't make fun of me but could someone explain why Ana called Elena Ms. Robinson? thanks

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra This has been eating at me since I read a blog with the book in Christians POV. ayudame!

Genesis Rogers-Lewis Because in the well known older movie The Graduate an older woman seduced a younger man:)

Shay "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel contextually about an older woman having an affair with a much younger man.

Sandra Genesis (aka zombiemommie) wrote: "Because in the well known older movie The Graduate an older woman seduced a younger man:)"

Thank you!!!! *bows deeply* That was bugging me for a while because i didn't get the reference. it makes more sense now thanks!!!

Sandra Shay wrote: ""Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel contextually about an older woman having an affair with a much younger man."

When you think about it its very witty. thanks

Danielle The author is showing her age.
I saw the movie about 15 years ago as an "old movie".

She should have called her "Stifflers Mom" to make the title more current.

Sweekruti Danielle wrote: "The author is showing her age.

She should have called her "Stifflers Mom" to make the title more current."

I know it would have rung a bell in many people's minds as well

Danielle Ha I'm mostly being facetious, Mrs Robinson is usually kind of a good throwback - if your book contains at least a few original ideas. Unfortunately this book doesn't meet that criteria.
Oh well, one more "borrowed" plot line idea.

Georgeann Knier Mrs. Robinson is a reflection on Elena's age also.

Carol It looks like the question has been answered, but the phrase "Mrs. Robinson" was given to an older women having a fling with a younger because of the movie "The Graduate". It thought it was fitting.

message 11: by TamElaine (new)

TamElaine Danielle wrote: "The author is showing her age.

hahaha Good idea ! too funny !

Paris        (kerbytejas) Danielle wrote: "The author is showing her age.

The movie is from 1967...yes it OLD

The Graduate is a 1967 American comedy-drama film directed by Mike Nichols. It is based on the 1963 novel The Graduate by Charles Webb.

The film tells the story of Benjamin "Ben" Braddock (played by Dustin Hoffman), a recent university graduate with no well-defined aim in life, who is seduced by an older woman, Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft), and then proceeds to fall in love with her daughter Elaine (Katharine Ross).

Kristen Callihan I'm only 24 and I got the reference. I feel that older or not, that this is one of those movies that everyone should know about because of how popular it was. Although the "Stiffler's Mom" made me laugh as well.

Tracy I think she used the term and reference of Mrs. Robinson due to the fact of Ana's literary expertise. I thought it was very fitting...but then again my name was Mrs. Robinson for 17 years lol! It was sort of weird reading it in the book, everyone's been telling me for years I should watch the movie, but I never have.

Carol Hi Tracy: I answered your question above On Oct. 6th at 12:11pm. Message #10. Have a great day!