Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Book & Poll Discussions > October 2012 - Book Choices

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:40PM) (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Deb and I are trying to narrow down what book we should read for October. We thought it'd be fun if we could find a romantic ghost story. I know Sarah Eden is releasing a ghost story (An Unlikely Match) sometimes in October, if it comes our early enough that might be a good choice. Otherwise, here are a few choices we've narrowed it down to. Let us know what you think or if you have any suggestions. In a few days I'll put up an official poll and whichever book gets the most votes will be the winner.

Haunted Spouse
Past Midnight
The Dead Girls Detective Agency
Intrinsical

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I love me some Sarah Eden! However, I think all of these sound kind of fun. I love your idea Kath, of doing a Ghost story for October. You're so on top of things!

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments The Sarah Eden does look good. However, "Past Midnight" is at my library. That falls right in my price range (free. . . ). I also have "Intrinsical" on my to-read list so I wouldn't mind that ($2.99 for the Kindle edition wouldn't break the bank). Any of those three would be great.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I have to agree with Natalie. I think we should keep the costs down as much as we can. Thanks for the reminder Natalie. FREE is always better. ;-)

message 5: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 186 comments Mod
I always thought that my library was amazing! HUGE brand new building... 2 floors... lots and lots of books! But wouldn't you know... they don't have ANY of these! Grrr. That seems to happen to me a lot... hence the reason I got a Kindle. ;o) So... as long as I can get it for that I'm good with any of them.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments My vote is FREE if possible!! But I really want to read a Sarah Eden book and they aren't available at the library here and are NEVER free on kindle, I know, I look all the time :)

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
The poll is up...

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I contacted Sarah Eden and she said An Unlikely Match should be out the first week of October! I'm guessing it will be around $10...

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz | 7 comments Love Sarah Eden, that'd be great!

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
It looks like An Unlikely Match is winning in the polls (if you haven't voted yet, do!). It will hopefully be released this week, I'm guessing the ebook version will be around $10, I'm not sure if it will be lendable, if it is I will be happy to share my copy.

Again, if you haven't voted yet please do so. We'll make our official announcement in a couple days. Thanks!

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
So, November is just around the corner. Since this months pick was a bit pricey I'll try and find some choices for Nov that are either free or cheap. :)