Doctor Who Book Club discussion

Doctor Who and an Unearthly Child
This topic is about Doctor Who and an Unearthly Child
General Discussion > October's Pick(s)

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Camilla (repressedpauper) I used a random number generator to pick October's Doctor. Someone mentioned wanting to start at the beginning, so I picked the first chronological story.

There will be an alternate pick this month too, Doctor Who: Forever Autumn because the story goes along with Halloween. I just didn't want to pick it because Martha issues.

There's plenty of time to finish this month's book and get October's, so no worries.

message 2: by Helena (new)

Helena (Aedon2) | 8 comments Nothing wrong with two books, one for the chronological and one for a monthly theme :D (okay I just want another reason to read more Doctor Who)

Camilla (repressedpauper) Haha, know that feeling. An Unearthly Child is really short, so I figured no one would mind much.

message 4: by H (new) - added it

H (books_and_tea) :o I don't think my local library has An Unearthly Child. At least, the online book search isn't showing anything. I'll try again at the actual library, but oh no! Might have to see if there are any second hand book shops around. But I can't guarantee anything.

I don't think it has Forever Autumn either. This is disastrous!

message 5: by Helena (new)

Helena (Aedon2) | 8 comments Hester wrote: ":o I don't think my local library has An Unearthly Child. At least, the online book search isn't showing anything. I'll try again at the actual library, but oh no! Might have to see if there are an..."

That's okay I can't find an ebook copy so far. I've checked kobo and google play.... I might miss this one. BAD BBC! oh well the Martha one was really easy to find :D

Camilla (repressedpauper) Hester wrote: ":o I don't think my local library has An Unearthly Child. At least, the online book search isn't showing anything. I'll try again at the actual library, but oh no! Might have to see if there are an..."

I'm sure you'll be able to find at least Forever Autumn. If you want to read the first and can't find it at the bookstore, Amazon has a mass market paperback used for $2.13 (+$3.99 shipping). http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listin...

Hope that helps! Good luck. Also, comic book stores oftentimes have the novels.

message 7: by H (new) - added it

H (books_and_tea) Thanks. :) I'll have a look. I'll have some money in October lol. xD

message 8: by Helena (new)

Helena (Aedon2) | 8 comments Hester wrote: "Thanks. :) I'll have a look. I'll have some money in October lol. xD"

You can watch the episode on youtube if it's easier :D

Camilla (repressedpauper) ^Yes, An Unearthly Child is written transcript-style, so you're really not missing a whole lot by just watching the episode.