Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Tris is a little weird right?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mic (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic Tell us what you think. Sometimes I think she is a little slow...

Reem Better than Bella.

Chris She's not slow or dumb. However she was sheltered by being Abnegation. Imagine how you'd be if you lived in a closed off society, where you didn't really interact with anyone, you did what you had to do, what you were TOLD to do and weren't able to explore or be yourself. Once she gets into Dauntless, she's completely out of her normal scope of being. She learns that she has to adapt, be fearless, because if she's not she won't survive. So yeah.. she's not as 'forward' or outspoken as some of the others but that's how she was raised.

It takes time to get over 16 years of indoctrinated 'oppression' and emotionless living.

message 4: by Mic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic She just didn't really think before acting is what i'm saying. What I mean by slow is that it takes her a while to respond to what is happening.

message 5: by Mic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic Second of all, the Abnegation had leadership in the government and I thought she would have a little bit of that thinking mentality. She does have spirit and leadership at times, but she is inconsistent.

message 6: by Mic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic I don't disagree with you "Chris" she is Divergent and she has to deal with a lot, specially since she is a dauntless divergent, you know what I mean.

message 7: by Max (new) - rated it 4 stars

Max I think she might have some psychological issues honestly. And not just because of the events at the end of the first book. She just seems a little reckless, in a way where she's being self destructive before she's considering the logical choice in a situation. She has no sense of self preservation, which from what I recall, is discussed in the books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Max wrote: "I think she might have some psychological issues honestly. And not just because of the events at the end of the first book. She just seems a little reckless, in a way where she's being self destruc..."

I think so too....

Amanda Zemko It's the Erudite in her, she is always observing, but takes time to think before responding. Until, of course, her Dauntless tendencies take over and she runs up the steps without a gun. Or her Abnegation upbringing causes her to give herself up, thinking it will save the others. I think she is much more divergent than even she realizes. She think she is not Amity in any way, but she says things to placate Christina and Tobias, avoiding a conflict. She thinks she is not Candor, what with all the lying and withholding she does, but she feels betrayed when others withhold information and lie. She wants the truth, and the knowledge, and the peace, and the glory... and she want to give it all away to everyone else. You say slow, I say complex. Although, I did get quite annoyed when she kept going into shock... very Bella, very annoying.

message 10: by Mic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic Max wrote: "I think she might have some psychological issues honestly. And not just because of the events at the end of the first book. She just seems a little reckless, in a way where she's being self destruc..."

Exactly what I am trying to say.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ She's a good character. in insurgent, she's a bit rash, angry and misguided, out of desperation of course.

message 12: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy All good characters are a little weird in my opinion...if they were normal or average, would we really want to read about them? I think Tris is young and unsure of herself in the first book. In the second she is damaged and scared. She reminded me of Katniss in Mockingjay. War destroys people.

Tristen I absolutely love Tris's character. Sure she gets on my nerves with her choices some times, but I don't feel that the main heroine and I always have to be on the same page. I admire her because she is brave and intelligent and unlike any other heroine in ya fiction. She's brilliant and one of my favorite characters in any of my current series.