Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > Reactions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
Not the reactions of Tom and Daisy at Gatsby's party. Did they have a good time? Explain.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments Well Tom only wanted to know who gatsby was "who is gatsby anyhow" demanded Tom. (pg 107) daisy says she enjoyed herself but tom doesn't believe her.

message 3: by Lyon (new)

Lyon Rivera | 16 comments When Tom went to Gatsby's party with Daisy, there was an unpleasant tension between Tom and everybody at the party. They didn't have a good time because they were at the same party but didn't spend any time together. Both Tom and Daisy were focused on other people. "...I knew that except for the half hour she'd been alone with Gatsby she wasn't having a good time."

message 4: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments I don't bealive tim or daisy had a good time ate the party, because they barley spent time together even though they arrived together. They felt a little akward with all the people at the party they didnt know.
i also dont bealive Tom liked the party, because he was there just ti meet Gatsby and know who he was that everyone talks about. "Id Like to kniw who he is and what he does"(pg.108)

message 5: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments Not the reactions of Tom and Daisy at Gatsby's party. Did they have a good time? Explain.
tom was very worried during the part trying to figure out who this gatsby character was."who is Gatsby anyhow" pg 107
and daisy she was not having a good time because tom was there "I knew that except for the half hour she'd been alone with Gatsby she wasn't having a good time."

message 6: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments Although Daisy was dancing with Mr. Gatsby she didnt have much of a good time at the party. "I knew that except for the half-hour she'd been alone with Gatsby she wasnt having a good time."pg 105-106 So she only had a good time when she was with Gatsby and not Tom. Tom didnt have a good time either and was upset to be called a polo player. "I'd a little rather not be called the polo player"pg 105