Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night #1)
This topic is about Eternal Pleasure
2012 Archives > Sep 2012: Eternal Pleasure Casting

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoAnna | 26 comments I was suprised that no one added the casting post!

Okay, for Ty, I picture Wentworth Miller, he has this primal sexy feel and look to him. I can picture him rawring at me and those low growls Ty emits. Total T-Rex hawtie.

For Kelly, I picture Felicia Day. Sexy, carries pepper spray, plays an instrument, and still blushes a lot (its cute)

That's all i could think of. More hawties for the other dinos, strange guy for Fin (probably CG or the silver surfer type casting...with a voice layover..?)

For the driver that turns into a werewolf (i forgot her name) i picture Rihanna?

help me with suggestions!!

message 2: by PointyEars42 (last edited Sep 21, 2012 02:06AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

PointyEars42 | 476 comments Hmmm... I think we need to cast actors who seem a bit too toothy when they smile for The Eleven. Like Tom Cruise? Yeh: Tom Cruise as Utah or one of the other Utahraptor brothers. Tom Cruise as all three of the brothers! Smaller than the rest but creepy and when he smiles there are just way more teeth than there should be.
description

JoAnna | 26 comments PointyEars42 wrote: "Hmmm... I think we need to cast actors who seem a bit too toothy when they smile for The Eleven. Like Tom Cruise? Yeh: Tom Cruise as Utah or one of the other Utahraptor brothers. Tom Cruise as all ..."

HAHA, very true. I think that would be interesting to have 3 of him as brothers... he is very sexy albiet toothy as you put it. However, that wouldn't stop me from jumping his bones.

Nice one PointyEars42 *high five*!

Jackie Bach (jackie_bach) | 16 comments Oooo, I love Wentworth Miller as Ty!

Michelle (ndayeni) | 64 comments I'm sorry, but the only character I can think Tom Cruise might be good as is Steve, the horse guy, lol. He actually looks kind of how I pictured Steve.

JoAnna | 26 comments whenever I read books I don't cast as I read they usually cast after I've done the reading. my mind usually makes up new people as I read. only after i am finished do i try to place actual actors ... anyone else do this as well?

Samantha (samanthagillan) JoAnna wrote: "whenever I read books I don't cast as I read they usually cast after I've done the reading. my mind usually makes up new people as I read. only after i am finished do i try to place actual actors ...."

I'm definitely the same way! I've tried casting while reading but my mind never seems to stick to the game plan, and always ends up picturing its own fictional faces for each character. Plus, it's annoying when you start picturing an actor in the beginning only to have them not quite fit later on.

Lara (larasaurus) Am I the only one who could only imagine them as anime characters... ESPECIALLY Fin! I could not take the descriptions seriously at all.

PointyEars42 | 476 comments JoAnna wrote: "whenever I read books I don't cast as I read they usually cast after I've done the reading. my mind usually makes up new people as I read. only after i am finished do i try to place actual actors ...."

Me too. I briefly worked for a film production company and filtered the scripts coming in and even then I never read with the screen writers suggested casting or any specific actors in mind. Being aware of potential casting while reading has only crossed my mind since I started watching the VF hangouts and is just a fun exercise for VFH books only. With anything else I read - on the rare occasions when I picture anyone specific or pre-existing at all - it's likely to be a fictional reference, as in "Hmm, with that hair, I bet Fin is escaped elf from Middle Earth". Usually having an actual character (or the actor who embodies the role) spring to mind immediately means that I find the character unoriginal.

message 10: by Anna Neal (new) - added it

Anna Neal | 66 comments Lara wrote: "Am I the only one who could only imagine them as anime characters... ESPECIALLY Fin! I could not take the descriptions seriously at all."

I had this exact same thought while reading. So no you aren't the only one. :)

BonnieBew Rutledge | 24 comments The only characters I really pictured were P!nk as Neva and Christopher Lambert dressed as Lord Rayden in Mortal Kombat as Fin. Everyone else varied. I think it was all the cheesy, OMG SO SCHMEXY! descriptions. Most of the time I pictured all the dinos as stuffed animals and Kelly as a Barbie doll, though after the Chippendales vibe of the 'Eternal Pleasure' club, images of Patrick Swayze and and Chris Farley in their SNL skit kept sneaking into my head. I just couldn't cast them seriously.

BonnieBew Rutledge | 24 comments Oh, I forgot one casting thing that I mentioned in the EP discussion thread, so putting it out here, too...

Both Cthulhurotica and EP coincidentally deal with similar themes. They're all about these cosmic, ancient godlike forces seeping through the cracks of human reality, engaging in acient wars, threatening chaos and apocalypse and involving sexy-times! So I kinda started picturing Nine as Cthulhu, and it just made everything more entertaining for me!

Elizabeth | 36 comments Anna wrote: "Lara wrote: "Am I the only one who could only imagine them as anime characters... ESPECIALLY Fin! I could not take the descriptions seriously at all."

I had this exact same thought while reading. ..."

I couldn't see them as people either. The first time I ever read a book where I pictured anime characters though

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 21 comments I was thinking Lou Ferrigno and Holly Hunter for Ty and Kelly~

message 15: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Did anyone else think of Jared Padalecki (Sam from Supernatural) for Ty? He's 6'4" and I can imagine licking his abs like Kelly does to Ty...

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments If anyone's interested in what some of the dinos look like in action, I just watch the doc "Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia" on Netflix. It's got Lio, Gig and Quetz all swimming/running/flying around doing their dino thing.

Tegan (joggiwagga) | 276 comments Claire wrote: "If anyone's interested in what some of the dinos look like in action, I just watch the doc "Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia" on Netflix. It's got Lio, Gig and Quetz all swimming/running/flying aroun..."

But the key question is - are they sexy while doing it? ~laughs~

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Tegan wrote: "But the key question is - are they sexy while doing it? ~laughs~ "

Not .... really, lol. But it does have Kenneth Branagh narrating, if you're into that!