Fantasy Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive > November Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments November Group Read Nominations

Just as a recap:

Two discussion leaders per book

From now on the person(s) who nominates winning book(s) of the month will co-lead the discussion of the book with the moderator.

This does mean a few things:

1. If you aren't really interested in reading a book, don't nominate it!
2. If you doubt that you'll have time to participate in that month's discussion, don't nominate it!

Now, don't feel all stressed...you still don't have to go it alone. Moderators will always be active leaders in book discussions, too.

Don't forget! In order for your nomination to count you must link the book.

Nominations close Tuesday, Sept 25th.

message 2: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments I'd like to nominate Ready Player One.

message 3: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments That's on my to-read list as well.

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) I'd like to nominate Legend by David Gemmell. I haven't seen it on the bookshelf. Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll pick again.

message 5: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah has this group read The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin?
I am curious about it.

message 6: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments No, Jalilah, we haven't. If any one is curious to what we have read, there are two master lists, one listed first in the Monthly Reads: Epic Fantasy, and the other listed first in Monthly Reads: Urban Fantasy. I think they are called "Reads to Date" or something. It's actually a great resource list for me when I'm looking for something good I haven't read.

message 7: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah I already nominated this in the Urban Fantasy Aficionados Group, but if I am not violating any rules, I’ll nominate it here too: Burning Water I am curious about Mercedes Lackey’s Diana Tregarde series. Also I happen to have a copy with me now, so I was going to read it anyway.. if not I'll also go with
The Killing Moon

message 8: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Pick one, Jalilah :)

message 9: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Hmm. let me message MrsJ and clarify. We've been having two nomination threads but maybe we'll only read one book this month. We have normally only been getting 18-25 people voting on the books, so it might be too much to have two books.

message 10: by Jalilah (last edited Sep 22, 2012 12:56PM) (new)

Jalilah I'll stick with The Killing Moon
I don't want to complicate things!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 572 comments I will go ahead and nominate Burning Water then. It's one of the earlier urban fantasy books and also one of my favorites.

message 12: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah Sharon wrote: "I will go ahead and nominate Burning Water then. It's one of the earlier urban fantasy books and also one of my favorites."

I already started and am Loving it! I would definitely join a discussion on it. I want to read the entire series.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 572 comments I do have all three of the full length novels in this series and re-read but have to say that the first is my favorite.

message 14: by Jalilah (last edited Sep 28, 2012 05:05AM) (new)

Jalilah Okay... then if it is not too late, I take back my nomination for The Killing Moon!

I’d like to read it at some point, but I don’t want to undermine any chances of Burning Water getting chosen. I am reading it now and think it is really good. It would be fun to discuss.

Is that okay Carol and Mrs Joseph?

message 15: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments It's fine. I forgot to post the poll earlier! O_O

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.