Jane Austen discussion

Book: Mansfield Park > Favourite Moments

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Sophie | 2624 comments Mod
Favourite moments from either the book or the adaptations?
(my opinions will follow :) )

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-jo) | 111 comments When Edmund finally realizes that he is in love with Fanny and goes to her home to persue her.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Louise Smith (sarahlouisesmith) I agree... this is my least favourite JA book and I've only seen the Billie Piper adaptation (which isn't great!) - are there any others worth watching?

message 4: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Stephanie wrote: "When Edmund finally realizes that he is in love with Fanny and goes to her home to persue her."

It is great when he finally realises! and I really dislike Mary Crawford; she blurred his vision so much!

message 5: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Sarah Louise wrote: "I agree... this is my least favourite JA book and I've only seen the Billie Piper adaptation (which isn't great!) - are there any others worth watching?"

I have seen....
1986, 1999 and 2007.

1986 - it was great. You could tell it was made a little while ago and some of the acting was a little hit and miss, but the lenght of it meant the story wasn't stupidly edited and it included most of it, so was very acurate. SO, i would recommend that one actually. But my favoroutie was....

1999 - I saw this only recently and I was very surpised, i really liked it! It was only film lenght but they still kept in what needed to be in and it wasn't completely changed. The acting was great and it was generally just a very good version of Mansfield Park i felt.

2007 - i don't like to call it an adaptaion it was so very differnt!

so in answer to your question... 1999 (and maybe 1986)

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Louise Smith (sarahlouisesmith) Thank you, I'll look for those others!

message 7: by Marren (new)

Marren | 764 comments I can't tell the difference between the adaptations but I freshen my memory, maybe on the weekend.

I believe my favourite moment from the novel is when Fanny told Henry take a hike more than one time. Henry is a player, plain and simple.

message 8: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

So true! He is a player!!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-jo) | 111 comments I got the 1999 version for Christmas! I like this one because it has one Jonny Lee Miller in it. Can't go wrong with him!

message 10: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Love that one! :D

message 11: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 158 comments When Edmund finally saw that Mary wasn't the girl for him.

When Fanny and Edmund got there happy ending.

I love all scenes that have Fanny and Edmund alone together.

message 12: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Same!! Edmund and Fanny are so sweet together!

(In the 1999 film I love the scenes at the beginning as they are growing up between them, with the horse riding and reading etc - so sweet!)