Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

Miss Peregrine - Part II Just announced!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Debbie (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debbie From Early Word (I assume the release date is 2013):

Miss Peregrine, The Sequel
A sequel to the surprise hit, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is now scheduled for publication on June 11, 2012. It is currently being called simply, the Untitled Miss Peregrine Sequel by Ransom Riggs,(9781594746123, 1594746125; $17.99; Quirk Books).

There’s been no news about the film version, however. In December, it was reported that Tim Burton was circling the project, but there’s been no information on whether he committed to it.

http://www.earlyword.com/2012/09/20/m...

I loved this book!! Can't wait :) A movie would be interesting...

Genesis Rogers-Lewis Yay!!

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I cant find anything on his website regarding sequel

Debbie @Jennifer...Here's the link from Riggs' amazon page...

http://www.amazon.com/Untitled-Peregr...

~*Trema Renae*~ Should it say June 11, 2013? Not 2012, I'm assuming. Just caught that in OP

Marlene AWESOME!!! I loved the first book. Just finished it actually!!!

Kimpie Tim Burton. Why aren't I surprised?

Sarah This book was great amazing! I'd be very excited to read the sequel and see the movie!

Kenzie A sequel! Eek! *Does Happy Dance*

Jessica i LOVE Time Burton!! I would absolutely DIE if he made this book into a movie bc I also LOVE this book!!! So excited there is a second one coming out bc i felt the first left ended very much open :)

Breeze Fantastic! I loved this story. Although I was very disappinted to hear about Burton. his wife will be cast and Johnny depp such a rerun of all his movies....which I don't like. Pinterest has a picture of "Stop it Tim Burton, just stop it!" I pinned and blogged it,LOL

Ashley Awesome! I can't wait to read it!

Casey :O my enthusiasm towards that is astounding.

Maysophia if TIm Burton took on this project, it would combine both one of the best literary achievements and best movie style in the last 20 years...PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

message 15: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth *Sighs* It always bothers me when authors continue to write a series just because they made a lot of money and it became a bestseller.
The book ended like it wasn't going to continue, although they do sail off to jump to different times. So i guess the author can continue from that..

Tonya I can't wait for the sequel Is that suppose to be 2013? loved the first one

message 17: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann General i just bought this book and i still havent find time to read it. and now im excited! hehehe

Brian A sequel isn't to surprising. It was obviously coming. But, I am still excited. As for the movie, ehh it might ruin it but I hope not.

Paula Comfort I bought this book because the picture on the cover fascinated me. What I loved about this book was that the pictures carry you from chapter to chapter and just when you think all the surprises are over, another one springs up. I love this book and loaned it to several of my friends who also enjoyed Mr. Riggs book. I now own Ransom Riggs new book of post cards he has collected over the years. The stories they tell continue to intrigue me. I highly recommend both books.

message 20: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 26, 2012 05:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth M. I've been waitng for this for EVER!!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited especially since Tim Burton might do the movie! YAY!

Kimberly Looking forward to it! And no, I'm no relation to the author. I also bought the book because the cover intrigued me and it sounded like an interesting story. I didn't even notice the author's name until I was halfway through the book. :D

Kimberly Noticed that our last names don't show here. LOL But I share the author's name, which is why I mentioned that. ;D

message 23: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Look forward to the awaited sequel - and if anyone can bring this to the screen it would have to be Tim Burton!

Cecilia Carreon :D LOOOOVED this book and too think i only read it cause i was bored. So happy i picked it up. MOVIE plss!!

message 25: by Lola (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola Mark i did not like this book at all

Celine☆ *gasp*

message 27: by Lori (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lori I do not read too many "YA" books. but i was hooked on reading this one. the picture and the title got me interested. Sure wished this had come out when I was a kid. clever story. and those "odd off the beaten path" pictures being tied in with the book. neat idea. I will probably read the next one too.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ I am doing a happy dance!!! So happy. :)

message 29: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe Although I don't usually read this type of book, I enjoyed it. However, I like a book to stand on its own (even though I may wish for a continuation). This one dropped the reader like a hot potato at the end. I wonder if book 2 will do the same?

Casey Yayayayayay

Emily Can't wait! :)

Ashley Chappell I'm anxious for this one! I love the story and the concept is so fresh, but I hated that the first one ended without resolution. Now I think I'll have to re-read it this spring so I can jump right into the sequel!

Anthony Bowser I found the romance in this book to be extremely creepy. But I still loved this book and super excited about the sequel.

Elizabeth yes!! this was such a good book I am glad there is going to be another one :)

georgia i hope the next book will live up to its expectations!

message 36: by Kaitlin (new) - added it

Kaitlin Seriously? YES!

Octopi Ink Mackenzie wrote: "A sequel! Eek! *Does Happy Dance*"

same here :)

Linda Fast Looking forward to reading the sequel!

message 39: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Shojai Loved the book, full of weird-icity, just the way I like 'em. A sequel hopefully will be equally peculiar. *vbg*

message 40: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Amy wrote: "Loved the book, full of weird-icity, just the way I like 'em. A sequel hopefully will be equally peculiar. *vbg*"

Loved "weird-icity"! :))

message 41: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Shojai Jane wrote: "Amy wrote: "Loved the book, full of weird-icity, just the way I like 'em. A sequel hopefully will be equally peculiar. *vbg*"

Loved "weird-icity"! :))"

Hey, I'm a writer, I can make words up. And frequently do. :)

Laura Dragon Fantabulous! I didn't expect a sequel so this is really a unexpected bit of reading happiness.

message 43: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this book. People have their own taste so I don't blame them. But finally I'm in the same room with the people who really appreciate this beautiful special written piece by Ransom Riggs!!

I really can't wait for the sequel now!! Seriously!! ^^

Elizabeth M. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen Ray I just pre-ordered this for the kindle. The delivery date was 1/1/2014.

Meghan Radigan Colleen wrote: "I just pre-ordered this for the kindle. The delivery date was 1/1/2014."

That's so long from now! I don't know how I'll make it.

message 47: by JO (new) - rated it 1 star

JO hmmmm I started out really liking this book but the last quarter really bored me.

Mansi I love this book, and I actually do think Tim Burton would be perfect to direct the film. He is one of my favourite movie directors, he's perfect with his eerie, gothic theme to movies.

Driftwood Glad to hear the sequel is in the works. I love the characters, and I would def. see the movie.

Tonette The book cover intrigued me that's why I read it and voila! Got hooked to it til the very end. At first I wished Ms Peregrine was the antagonist but it was way better than that when I read the next chapters. Even gave me "slight" paranoia the night I finished reading it and wasn't able to get over it for a couple of days. Kind of wished I was peculiar too. Ha ha! Cheers to book two and the movie!! Can't wait!

« previous 1