DC Comics Fans discussion

Comics > Zero Month

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (pauldro) | 28 comments Finally Zero Month is upon us, and many books have had new tweaks to origins so please discuss and tell me what you think about some of the changes to the origins.

message 2: by Annice22 (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
I do want to read Catwoman #0 but I do not like the rumors of Tim Drake having not been a Robin. But I might pick it up I believe Batman #0 and Teen Titans #0 to see how it's been handled.

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (brendaclough) | 130 comments WORLDS FINEST was quite good, as was BATMAN AND ROBIN. I found the LEGION #0 disappointing.

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob So far the Zero titles I've read are Resurrection Man,
The Suicide Squad, Legion Lost, and Supergirl. I've found them to be good and the shedding some light on the character's orgins was interesting. The only thing I did not like was that it was the last issue of Resurrection Man and I really enjoyed that title.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 64 comments Earth-2 and Worlds' Finest continue a winning streak for me. Still need to pick up the Legion ones. Those are the only DC books I'm not just waiting for trades of.

message 6: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments My list:
Birds of Prey: decent done in one story. Not thrilled with all the government conspiracy though.

GI Combat: Liked the Unknown Soldier story, but the War that time forgot was just treading water.

Stormwatch: They finally admit the connection between SW and Demon Knights! Knew it!

Demon Knights: Nice origin of Etrigan.

Sword and Sorcery: Amethyst was okay, got it for my daughter. I did really enjoy Beowulf.

Phantom Stranger: Nice art, blah story. Giving him an origin was a bad idea and the one they picked was lazy.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (brendaclough) | 130 comments Yes, I am enjoying Worlds Finest. I wish so many of the other titles weren't blah.

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments Just read DC Universe Presents 0 and while it was nice to see OMAC again, it all felt really pointless.

Did make me curious to maybe try the 'Mr. Terrific' series, but having read 'Earth 2', I don't know if I should bother.

message 9: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments Couple more I borrowed from my daughter:

Supergirl: Not bad. Nice art.

Superboy: Convoluted and how does everyone know so much about Kyrpton if it's a dead planet?

Blue Beetle: surprised how much I enjoyed this.

If my daughter decides to collect all three titles, I'll probably read them, but BB is the only one that really caught my interest.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin Flint | 59 comments I really enjoyed BB it's a shame that its getting canceled

message 11: by Annice22 (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
Justin wrote: "I really enjoyed BB it's a shame that its getting canceled"

Another book that will be crossed off my pull list. Well, at least it will have more than 8 issues unlike: Static, Hawk & Dove and Mister Terrific. Blue Beetle will go until January.

message 12: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments I read that one of the replacement titles will be a sci-fi anthology, so maybe DC will be continuing BB in it.

Be nice for DC to have a sci-fi series that isn't Green Lantern based.

message 13: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 64 comments I don't think of these as "cancellations" per se. it seems more like they've always planned for some of these to have limited (though unspecified) runs. Trying to keep title proliferation down and have a continual flow of new titles, characters, concepts, and of course #1 issues for certain collectors to buy.

I kind of like the concept of a rotating roster of different titles around the core "big" titles--Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc--it lets creators and books stay fresh. Less pressure to keep books going. Rather than seeing new titles as a risk, they're seen as chances to bring new excitement.

Sure, some favorites will rotate out, but I'm sure popular characters will always come back around.