General > Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Turner (amandaturner06) | 79 comments Mod
Drop by and say Hi!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vazquezanzua (lisavaz) | 87 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you all!

message 3: by Tiger (last edited Oct 17, 2012 12:38PM) (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments Hi all, I m kader poet and novelist ,that s really a pleasure to join the group and learn more from you all .I hope that we will exchange ideas for cultural understanding .My first novel is on amazon "THE TRIP DREAM ISBN-13: 978-1403379559 .The novel is talking basically about a journalist kidnapped by a group of terrorists who took him into a cave where different tortures exercised on his weak body .Some chapters of the story puts light on the gloomy point in humanity thinking and suggest a kind of understanding to establish a bridge of self reconciliation and cohabitation. People think it s a piece of writing to explore the way in which terrified people endure life and resist to deadly pressure and having sufficient courage to oppose terrorists .It is maked by the universal terror and the universal love lay in man alone

. The Trip Dream by A. Abdesslam

message 4: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Von (avarene) | 1 comments Hello everyone!
Thank you for the invite Amanda :)

My name is Ava. I'm a reviewer over at Romance book Junkies and I love to read, write, dance and many other things that keep me constantly active. It's very nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting in the group.

~Ava~

message 5: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments Ava wrote: "Hello everyone!
Thank you for the invite Amanda :)

My name is Ava. I'm a reviewer over at Romance book Junkies and I love to read, write, dance and many other things that keep me constantly active..."

Thanks Ava I m personally honored to know you and hope meet on chat

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Gammon (sherrygammon) | 1 comments Hello. I am Sherry Gammon, YA author. THanks for the invite!

message 7: by Mick C (new)

Mick C (mickc) Hi, My name's Michelle. I love to read the Paranormal Romance, YA, Romance genres. I usually try to post all of my reviews on both Goodreads & Amazon. Thanks for the invite!!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessika_reads) Hi everyone! I love reading all kinds of book genres but paranormal is my favorite. Reading has become a bigger part of my life since ebooks because I don't have to go to Barnes or other bookstores to get a book and it makes it a lot easier to hide the over 1,000 books from my husband since its all electronic. (not to mention a space saver)

message 9: by Toni (new)

Toni | 2 comments Hey, My name is Toni and I LOVE to read many different genres! Thanks for the invite Amanda~~

message 10: by Aimen (new)

Aimen Hi, my name's Aimen :)
Thank you for the invite Amanda!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Hi everyone

Forgive me for not introducing myself last night,I had a trillion things to do.

My name is Amanda. I started this group because i wanted to meet people who love books. I am a new author and it can be a lonely profession so i thought hey lets start a group where we can chat about anything!!!

Feel free to start new topics about what matters to you, the reader. Also, I would like this group to be some support for other writers who could do with a little support.

I am just a normal fun loving girl, with no background in academic writing, i am just pursuing what I love. Simples!!!!

Thanks for joining.

Amanda

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Aimen wrote: "Hi, my name's Aimen :)
Thank you for the invite Amanda!"

Welcome Aimen :)

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Toni wrote: "Hey, My name is Toni and I LOVE to read many different genres! Thanks for the invite Amanda~~"

Welcome Toni :)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Lisa wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you all!"

Welcome Lisa :)

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Tiger, Ava, sherry, Michelle and Jessica :)

message 16: by Lisi (new)

Lisi (toyonomikoto) | 3 comments Hello, my name is Elisabeth and I am 25 years old. My friends call me Lisi. I am studying Sociology and I love reading. My mother tongue is German but I love English and read loads of books in it. I am looking forward to meet nice people here.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Lisi. This group is full of nice people, so you came to the right place. Nice to meet you :)

message 18: by Sven (new)

Sven (foreverbookaddict) | 2 comments Hey everyone! I am called Svenhilde. I am 16 and I Love reading Fantasy books.

message 19: by Imasha (new)

Imasha Hi everbody!!! My name is Imasha. I am going to be 14 in 1 month and 9 days. I love to read any type of book for teens that has romance!!!!
BtW thanks for the invite Amanda! :P

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 15 comments My name is Christine Hatfield and i'm 25 years old and i live in riverside new jersey and i work at the riverside elementary school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation of new jersey and i have a medical problem

message 21: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments I hope this group will be one of the literary groups that consolidate and enrich the capacity of new writers ;furthermore will be a group who reffer to understanding the variety of cultures and promote worldwide love and humanity recognition.

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 15 comments It's nice to meet everyone

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Svenhilde, Imasha and Christine. I'm glad you joined us :)

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Tiger wrote: "I hope this group will be one of the literary groups that consolidate and enrich the capacity of new writers ;furthermore will be a group who reffer to understanding the variety of cultures and pr..."

I hope so too Tiger, I am always willing to help a new author however I can.

message 25: by Imasha (new)

Imasha Nice to meet everyone and the new author!!!!
I am sure that Tiger's book will be as amazing as Amanda's. :)

message 26: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments Hi Amanda ,I do really appreciate your kindness and your thinking of others ; it s a great job if I need anything I ll ask. What do you think of posting some courses for short story and novel writing techniques?
I think it will help those who need them.
kindly kader

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Tiger wrote: "Hi Amanda ,I do really appreciate your kindness and your thinking of others ; it s a great job if I need anything I ll ask. What do you think of posting some courses for short story and novel writi..."

That's a really good idea. If you find any online courses that you would like to post to help others, you can definitely do that. We could also hold a monthly short story workshop if you think that would help. I am open to all ideas.

I got a book from the library just last week called Teach yourself creative writing, from ARVON the foundation for writing, and that is full of helpful tips on writing.

message 28: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments Amanda wrote: "Tiger wrote: "Hi Amanda ,I do really appreciate your kindness and your thinking of others ; it s a great job if I need anything I ll ask. What do you think of posting some courses for short story a..."

I teach creative writing at university and I published a book of English writing for arabic speaking language
;thus I do know a bit about writing ,I m ready to help the group. By the way if you did not mind I m a poet and I would like to have native speakers opinion on my poems if you had time give me help by revewing one of my poems.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Tiger wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Tiger wrote: "Hi Amanda ,I do really appreciate your kindness and your thinking of others ; it s a great job if I need anything I ll ask. What do you think of posting some courses fo..."

Thats really kind of you. I would love to have a look at one of your poems and review it for you.
My email is mandie06turner@gmail.com

message 30: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments Thank you so much , I have just emailed you the poem

nice reading

message 31: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Murphy (r1anna) | 2 comments Hello everyone! My name is Tracey and I read all the time. I started out with romance, mystery/romance, then I went to paranormal (except vampires), now I am pretty much reading paranormal romance, YA paranormal romance, and fantasy romance with an occasional murder mystery.
Thanks for the invite Amanda

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 18 comments Hi there, I'm 34 years old, single mum and from The Netherlands. Love to read paranormal romance/YA novels and write short stories :)

message 33: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments welcome to the group , here you ll come cross with nice people

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Tracey and Sandra, glad you joined us :)

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 15 comments It's nice to meet you Amanda

message 36: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Sanchez (dobby2266) Hi everyone! My name is Jocelyn and I love to read:)Thanks for the invite Amanda!

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Hi Jocelyn, welcome to our group :)

message 38: by Snigdha (new)

Snigdha Prakash | 1 comments Hello everyone..!! My name is Snigdha. Nice to meet you all.
And thank you for inviting me Amanda. :)

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Snigdha :)

message 40: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Sanchez (dobby2266) Welcome Snigdha:D

message 41: by Tiger (new)

Tiger (Tigermood) | 13 comments welcome Snigdha

message 42: by Kion (last edited Sep 25, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Kion Ahadi | 1 comments Hi all,

I'm Kion and thanks to Amanda for inviting me. I am relatively new to goodreads.com and had my first novel published last month. Please enter the giveaway.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Best wishes.

KionExit Darkness, Enter Light

message 43: by Jacinta (new)

Jacinta | 2 comments hi everyone,
I'm Jacinta, I love to read lots of different types of books especially paranormal/YA novels.
I write short stories occasionally but i'm not very good.
Thanks for the invite Amanda

message 44: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Kion and Jacinta.

message 45: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 15 comments It's nice to meet you Kion and Jacinta

message 46: by Mahz (new)

Mahz | 8 comments Hey guys!
I'm mahz and i love, love, love to read. its my only best friend and my passion.
I'm from England and i am hating the weather:(
Thank you for the invite Amanda :D

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Hi Mahz, welcome to the group. Im from England and agree with you this weather has been really scary. Have you been affected by the floods?

message 48: by Mahz (new)

Mahz | 8 comments Yes-i was meant to go to light water valley in Yorkshire with my school and it got cancelled-i was really looking forward to it :(

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Aww, I'm from North Yorkshire and we were completely closed off. You should see if they will re schedule it for end of October, they do a night called fright night and apparently its awesome, my daughter goes every year.

I hope you get your trip!!!

message 50: by Mahz (new)

Mahz | 8 comments Haha thank you-i will
How old's your daughter?
and my head of year said he will have to make a deal with the manager to go sometime next week...i'm hoping the weather doesn't turn bad again or i will really be disappointing this time.

« previous 1