What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Select
This topic is about The Select
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Medical Thriller, medical school w/frightening secrets [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willa (last edited Feb 06, 2009 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Willa (dryad23) I read this about 10-15 years ago as a Reader's Digest Condensed Book. I'd love to read more by the author, but can't remember who it was or the title.

It's about a prestigious medical school which is free to qualifying students. They must take a test to enter and they are required to live on campus. They stay on campus the night before the test and subliminal messages are sent to them about three questions on the test. The ones who answer according to the subliminal messages are chosen and the ones who aren't susceptible are rejected. The school is set up to make sure that the future doctors funnel their patients who have no families to worry about them into research projects and such. Main character is a girl (I think, tho not sure) who gets in b/c one of her friends gives her the answers to the subliminal questions, so she realizes something's amiss b/c she's not 'getting the message'.

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by mdt (new)

mdt (mdt13) | 105 comments Could it be The Select by F. Paul Wilson?
Synopsis
Smart, idealistic Quinn Cleary has been selected to attend the best medical school in the country--free of charge. However, early on, she senses something wrong at the Ingraham. When Quinn accidentally discovers the patients in locked Ward C, she begins to understand its frightening secrets.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47...

Willa (dryad23) That's it! Thanks so much! Now I'll be able to see if I like more of his work...