Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) Daughter of Smoke & Bone discussion

Film adapted by Universal Pictures

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela http://filmvsbook.blogspot.com/2012/0...

This is going to be totally epic!!!!!!!!!!

EvaCatReads could be awesome! Or they could totally kill it!

Angela Haha, Of course! That damn movie!

Willow27 Movies don't give enough time to a great book, It's better when they make a TV show, like Game of Thrones.

message 5: by Sam Sam (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Sam Willow27 wrote: "Movies don't give enough time to a great book, It's better when they make a TV show, like Game of Thrones."

or They could slip it in half like the last Harry Potter

Jessica I wanna see the movie so I can figure out what Akiva wears all the time...

Helen Stevens Rebecca wrote: "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not tolerate another one of my favorite books to be a ruined movie!!! I can't stand this!!!! First Percy Jackson, then Th..."
What was wrong with The Hunger Games?

Not every book -> film adaptation is bad. Some are awful...and some are great. Depends on the studio/who's adapting it/the director...and every adapttation will include some differences from the source material as not everything that works on the page translates well on screen. LOTR for instance cut out a LOT of waffle. So did Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. THG left out Madge, because it would have been an extra character for only one scene and what they did instead strengthened the bond between Katniss & Prim.

Then on the other hand you get a film like Eragon, which alters the characters and their motivations so drastically that the entire story was irrevocably changed...such a shame.

Wait till the film comes out. You never know, this might be one of the good ones! And if it isn't - well never mind, you can still read the books and avoid the film version :)

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Guys, it's not a done deal. Just because Universal Pictures has the rights to it, doesn't mean it's going to happen. In fact, nothing is for sure until it's 'In Production'.
For example, did anyone read The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill? The movie rights for that book were picked up 7 years ago, when that book came out. It never got to the In Production stage, and so nothing happened.
Whether or not you believe that this a good thing or a bad thing is entirely up to you. These are just facts that I state.

Annie Well I am happy for Laini....it is a wonderful book, and I do not believe a movie will do it justice, but it will be interesting to see what happens!

Hollis "LOTR for instance cut out a LOT of waffle."

Haha, you're joking right?.... right? :-(

Becky another one? it seems that all the good books i've been reading lately is being made into a film!

message 12: by Helen (new) - rated it 1 star

Helen I suspect some authors get a good idea, imagine it as a movie and write the novel as a sort of film script to dangle in front of movie companies. There was little in the literary sense to recommend this book so don't think a film could be disappointing. Sorry!

Mercy aww man...i really don't want it to be turned into a book..then all these fake die hard fans are going to emerge..but it will be pretty epic depending on who directs it...

message 14: by Jaime (last edited Nov 03, 2012 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jaime This could be an absolutely phenomenal book to movie adaptation, or it could seriously piss people off. If they Lord of the Rings it, it could be amazing. I know that if they screw it up, I will be one of the pissed!

Valencia Cain Meh...
A movie? I'd love to see a movie, but only if Laini does the script :P
It isn't that bad of a movie when the writer themselves take a high part in the adaption. I'd like to see how well they go, if they dont do well, and it's not as i personally like it, then i'll stick to the books.
:D

Jenny Can't wait!!! I only hope they get the right actor's to fit the roles. ^^

Michelle It will either be epic or a shipment of failboat.

Jessica they'd better start seeking out a great special effects team. that's what they are really gonna need to make this good.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

dang nag it! how they think they will ever able to do this justice is beyond me! give it up Hollywood I dislike you greatly!

Panda06 They can't make movies out of every book they need to give it a rest making movies is runing my imagiantion, they always take the same faces like 30 years old to be a teenage in the movie. They seriously need to take new TEEN faces!!!<3

Danielle Bogar Oh, I have been hoping they would make this a movie. I hope Del Toro directs it. I think he would be awesome for this. It could be epic

Katherine Beniger Danielle wrote: "Oh, I have been hoping they would make this a movie. I hope Del Toro directs it. I think he would be awesome for this. It could be epic"

Oh my goodness, I didn't even think of that. guillermo del toro would be perfection.

Valencia Cain http://www.movieweb.com/news/daughter...

Well, 2014...no production schedule announced...

message 24: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J L i just finished reading the book and was quite surprised that there are already talks about this being made into a film. while reading i was thinking 'what if this is going to be a movie? this is going to be awesome' and then yeah it actually is going to be. i just hope they'll do good on the film adaptation. the book is a work of art and the movie has to be too.

message 25: by Dara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara Rebecca wrote: "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not tolerate another one of my favorite books to be a ruined movie!!! I can't stand this!!!! First Percy Jackson, then Th..."

I Prayed for just this one series not to become a movie. i want production companies to stop reading books, all they do is sh*t on them anyway as they turn them into movies

Avery Feeley I am never excited when I learn that Hollywood is bringing a book to life. They ruin everything.

Naomi Dear mother of all things wonderful.... I hope they do it right.

message 28: by Kath (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kath Castán Katherine wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Oh, I have been hoping they would make this a movie. I hope Del Toro directs it. I think he would be awesome for this. It could be epic"

Oh my goodness, I didn't even think of tha..."

O/ I'm with you the will be perfect.

Jordan This is going to be a very hard book to adapte. If they get it right it's going to be AMAZING. If not, it will turn out to be a complete mess. I'm excited to see what will happen.

Natalie This can either be totally epic or really bad so I have mixed feelings but please Hollywood: can we get some unknown actors? :)