Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
This topic is about Simply Irresistible
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor#1) by Jill Shalvis START DATE Sept 28

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Simply Irresistible

Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.
In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother--a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career--if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.

The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes--and mouth--are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.

Please join us as we read Simply Irresistible. Feel free to join in by asking questions, posting questions, or just making comments on the book or whatever else comes up in our discussion. Be warned, EXPECT SPOILERS

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Such a wonderful book. Maybe I should read it again, via my ears!

Lina | 5563 comments I read this recently and really liked it. I'll be happy to lurk!

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I will be lurking !

Elishia | 2620 comments I'm looking forward to this one.

Elishia | 2620 comments I almost forgot about this. Susan you still ok to start today?

message 7: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yes. Almost finished with Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

Elishia | 2620 comments Ok. i'll start tomorrow coz its 10pm here and i'm reading something at the moment.

Elishia | 2620 comments Ok i'm ready to start not sure how we're doing this so i'll just read till you're up. I have cleaning to do today anyway so shouldn't get to far this morning.

message 10: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Morning! I'm up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning cause one of our cats kept nudging at me cause it wanted food. Actually, it's a good thing I got up cause my bathroom was flooded. Someone left the water in the sink running slightly and it overflowed :/ good thing is I've already mopped the bathroom and don't have to later LOL

How do you want to do this since it's just us? Want to read and post a comment or two every time you feel like it or when you get up to do something else? It'd be easy and informal that way. Or we can take turns making up questions? It's up to you :)

Elishia | 2620 comments Lol oh gosh. It must have been trying to tell you about the water. I've been up since 5.30 :-(

I'm just about to start now, shall we talk after a certain amount of chapters? that way we won't spoil it for each other.

message 12: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments That sounds good to me. Since you're starting it first (I have to go grocery shopping first) you pick the number of chapters and I'll go with that :)

Elishia | 2620 comments Ok i'll be back

Elishia | 2620 comments I was going to say chapter 5 but i'm just about to start it now and don't want to stop :-)

message 15: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments So I can take it that it's good? LOL I'll start reading in just a few minutes.

Elishia | 2620 comments Yes i'm really liking it (view spoiler) don't read the spoiler till after you start chapter 8

Elishia | 2620 comments Ok i'm stopping at chapter 10 for tonight, going to have an early night after X-factor and CSI Miami :)

message 18: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in chapter 2. Sorry I'm bring slow. I ended up menu planning, grocery shopping, and taking a 2 1/2 hour nap. I'll catch up with you this evening. Enjoy xfactor. My Lauren loves that show :)

Elishia | 2620 comments Don't worry about it I haven't read for about 5 hours fell asleep for a bit and woke in time to watch my shows. i might read some more after CSI if i'm not tired.

message 20: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Just finished ch 8. As for your spoiler question, yes. I think she at least knew the name when Maddie first said it. I sure hope they didn't have something together.

I'm really enjoying this! I've laughed at several points :)

I'm going to take another nap (even though it's almost 9 pm) cause i'll have to pick up Harley around midnight. So, I'll get to at least ch 10 before I eventually go to bed LOL

message 21: by Elishia (last edited Sep 29, 2012 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elishia | 2620 comments That's what made me think she knew who him but then she didn't react when she looked out the window at him. So maybe as you said she knows of him.
I can't remember what her job is, I just thought maybe she knew him when he was a lawyer.

Same her Maddie is so clumsy as well which makes it funny.

Lol i've just woke up its just after 5am but was freaking myself out so i'll probably need a nap this afternoon. I'm hoping to finish this today so I can start Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate or I might read them together.

Elishia | 2620 comments I love the one liners “You going down?” Maddie asked him. His eyes flamed. “Any time.” Jax makes me laugh

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Hey! How's your day going? It's 10 am here and I'm still in bed LOL that's a first. I apologize for my lack of reading yesterday. It was just a strange day in our house. I figure I'll finish this today before we have to go to Judgement House practice at 7.

Elishia | 2620 comments Hiya not to bad waiting for my cousin to come and pick up a cake she asked me to make. Don't worry I fell back asleep about 11 and woke up at 1 its now 4pm.

Don't worry about it I think yesterdays the fasted i've read in a while, I used to do about a book a day but been slacking lately.

Erm what's Judgement House?

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Elishia wrote: "I love the one liners “You going down?” Maddie asked him. His eyes flamed. “Any time.” Jax makes me laugh"

Just love this book. LMBO!

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Oh! Judgement House is this Halloween production our church puts on. It takes you through the last few hours of the life of the main character and you follow it through to heaven and see scenes from heaven and hell, depending on if the person was going to heaven or hell. My girls have loved being in it before. This is our second year doing it.

Elishia | 2620 comments Oh sounds good, never heard of anything like that before.

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments It does sound fun.

message 29: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I did not participate last year. I only walked through it. This year I'm a "tour guide" who will walk others through it.

message 30: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I love that we get Jax's point of view. I am so in love with him. Do you think Tara and Ford had something going on between them when they were younger?

Elishia | 2620 comments I know I love him to.

Yes I'm wondering if they had a child together and thats where the money is but then I think Jax would have put 2 and 2 together seens as he seems to know whats going on with Tara.

Going back to reading now, got distracted looking for that epilogue.

Elishia | 2620 comments I'm finished I loved it want to start the next one because I think I know the story about Tara and Ford but Torments calling me.

message 33: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina | 5563 comments I'm so with you on a buddy read if you decide to do the next one. I've only read Simply Irresistible form this series and LOVED it!

message 34: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I just finished it!! It was great! Jax is a keeper :) I want to read the next one too, but have some others I need to get to first.

Jenny, I'm going to trust you about Tara's book. I didn't like her much in this book. She was selfish and has quite a bit to make up for in my opinion.

Elishia | 2620 comments I'll be reading it before the months out it depends how long it takes me to get through my other book.

I didn't mind her because I could tell it was an act, she did annoy me at the beginning though.

message 36: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Do we want to buddy read the next one towards the end of the month?

message 37: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "Do we want to buddy read the next one towards the end of the month?"

That works for me!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Torment (other topics)
Rapture (other topics)