Young Adult Reads discussion

Books made into Movies

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tohrutohno (new)

Tohrutohno | 14 comments This discussion is about books being made into movies.

Are there any books/series out there that you would like to see be made into movies? If so why?

Likewise, are there any books out there that you think shouldn't be brought to Hollywood? and why?

For me, once I read a book I tend not to watch the movie. Hence, I have not seen a SINGLE Harry Potter movie or Twilight. I know! But there's something I think is lost in translation going from book to screen.

What are your thoughts?

Current books waiting to be released as movies are

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones release date Aug. 2013

Beautiful Creatures release date Feb. 2013

And not that this series is discussed here but I believe the 50 shades books are being made into movies as well.

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) I would like to see Unwind by Neal Shusterman made into a movie, as long as they don't make it too cheesy.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Toon | 15 comments I would love the Xanth series to come to life on the screen. I've loved Piers Anthony since I was really young.

message 4: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) I would really like to see Hollowland by Amanda Hocking because I loved it.

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) Justine wrote: "I would really like to see Hollowland by Amanda Hocking because I loved it."

I'm all for some new zombie movies.

message 6: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 692 comments Mod
I got Hollowland for free a couple months ago. is it good?

message 7: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I just watched. Beautiful Creatures. Don't go

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: (amethyst_angel) | 18 comments Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side NEEDS to be an movie. I can't stress that enough.

message 9: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Not sure if I can post this here so I am sorry if I cant! BUT I just posted my first movie review for beautiful creatures and I was wondering if everyone who has seen the movie (spoilers in the video) could watch it and give me feedback THANKS :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYxLH...

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) Tayla wrote: "I just watched. Beautiful Creatures. Don't go"

That bad?

message 11: by Susana (new)

Susana | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Tayla wrote: "I just watched. Beautiful Creatures. Don't go"

That bad?"

Not bad-HORRIBLE!! I try not to be to picky when I watch a movie that is a book, but I just couldn't with Beautiful Creatures. After the opening scene, ETHAN is the one making his own breakfast-you just know it's going to go downhill from there.

message 12: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I think it was even before that when he went to his moms grave... Like in the books it said he only went once and that was the funeral

message 13: by Susana (new)

Susana | 9 comments Wow...see I wouldn't have been able to catch that ,because I read Beautiful Creatures last year, but I still remember a few things ,just not the specifics. Still, it was just soo horrible. There were soo many things that were wrong. I know if I start talking about them I'm not going to be able to finish... :)

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela | 2 comments I haven't read the books Beautiful Creatures, but I have seen the movie. Not knowing what the book is like, I LOVED the movie! When there wasn't magic being used... I found it pretty funny and sweet!!

And I would LOVE to see the Hush Hush series become a movie!!! I think it could be better than Twilight :/

message 15: by Gino (new)

Gino Alfonso | 10 comments I can't wait to see Beautiful Creatures it comes out on Netflix in like a month put it on my que...haven't heard anything about Hush, Hush... I would like to see Thirteen Reasons Why made into a movie myself.

message 16: by Susana (new)

Susana | 9 comments Angela wrote: "I haven't read the books Beautiful Creatures, but I have seen the movie. Not knowing what the book is like, I LOVED the movie! When there wasn't magic being used... I found it pretty funny and swee..."

Once you read the book you probably wont have the same feelings for the movie that you have now. Just warning you ahead of time lol

message 17: by Susana (new)

Susana | 9 comments Gino wrote: "I can't wait to see Beautiful Creatures it comes out on Netflix in like a month put it on my que...haven't heard anything about Hush, Hush... I would like to see Thirteen Reasons Why made into a mo..."

It [The beautiful creatures movie] was HORRIBLE!!! You are going to be mortified. I loved the book and was really excited by the movie, but I could tell by the trailer that it was going to be bad. Watch it and tell me what you think. I would definitely be interested in talking about it with someone. We may have different opinions, but at least we will be talking right?

message 18: by Priya (new)

Priya | 8 comments Lunar Chronicles!!!