Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

General Discussions > Who Are Your Favorite Authors?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) | 671 comments Mod
I love a lot of authors, but I guess my favorite would have to be J.K. Rowling, Marissa Meyer and Kristin Cashore :>

Who are yours?

message 2: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Jaclyn Moriarty. Hands down. I feel she has some kind of password into teenagers' brains. She understands us so well.
(view spoiler).

message 3: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Ishita wrote: "Jaclyn Moriarty. Hands down. I feel she has some kind of password into teenagers' brains. She understands us so well.
[spoilers removed]."

I don't know her! Guess I'll have to check out some of her books now :>

message 4: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments DO. Do it now :D (view spoiler) If you stayed nearer, I would have lent you some of her books.
Her Ashbury Brookfield series is awesome. It starts from 9th grade and continues on till 12th. Though the characters are not all same. And I've noticed something... the books get darker as the series goes on.

message 5: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Ohh :O Interesting. I'll read them :>

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (kayteaface) Maeve ~Winter is Coming~ wrote: "George R. R. Martin anyone?

George R. R. Martin is one of my favourites, too!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Veronica Roth (author of the Divergent books), Erin Hunter (author of the Warriors, Seekers, and Survivors books).

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 190 comments Harlan Coben and Karen Rose and Karin Slaughter and Nicholas Sparks and Julie Gregory and Donna Vanliere and Neal Shusterman

message 9: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Maeve ~Winter is Coming~ wrote: "George R. R. Martin anyone? Also, there's a newbie author I'm currently reading, Kat Zhang. She's writing the Hybrid Chronicles, which I really love.

((hehe! There's an ad for her book over there ..."

OH MY GOD. I have to find What's Left Of Me, like right now.

message 10: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

@Christine: I heard a lot of really good things about Nicholas Sparks and I have about two books of him to read here. But I'm scared cause I hear sometimes his endings are sad!

message 12: by Ruman (new)

Ruman Kristin Cashore, P.C. Cast, Julie Kagawa and MANY MANY MORE

message 13: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I love Kristin's writing! I heard of P.C Cast and Julie Kagawa and both have books on my to-read list!

♥ Rebecca ♥ Now Julie Kagawa and Jennifer L. Armentrout. Orson Scott Card, Michael Crichton, and Neil Gaiman got me into reading when I was younger.

message 15: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Rebecca ♥ Ash, Four, Peeta ♥ wrote: "Now Julie Kagawa and Jennifer L. Armentrout. Orson Scott Card, Michael Crichton, and Neil Gaiman got me into reading when I was younger."

I absolutely love Neil Gaiman. Have you read Fragile Things?

♥ Rebecca ♥ Ishita wrote: "Rebecca ♥ Ash, Four, Peeta ♥ wrote: "Now Julie Kagawa and Jennifer L. Armentrout. Orson Scott Card, Michael Crichton, and Neil Gaiman got me into reading when I was younger."

I absolutely love Nei..."

Nope, havent read that one.

message 17: by Bian (last edited Sep 23, 2012 01:40AM) (new)

Bian Terry Pratchett.

message 18: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 190 comments I love reading those nicholas sparks books because all of his books have happy endings

What kind of books does Terry Pratchett write?

message 19: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Christine wrote: "I love reading those nicholas sparks books because all of his books have happy endings

What kind of books does Terry Pratchett write?"

Funny books, if I'm not mistaken. I got a few of his books at home, just didn't get around to reading them yet :>

message 20: by ♥ Rebecca ♥ (last edited Mar 21, 2013 05:06AM) (new)

♥ Rebecca ♥ Christine wrote: "I love reading those nicholas sparks books because all of his books have happy endings

What kind of books does Terry Pratchett write?"

Yeah, funny and really weird sci-fi/fantasy. Or funny to some ppl. My sister loves Terry Pratchett but I find his stuff really dumb.

message 21: by Margot (new)

Margot (margot-livingtoreadfantasy) John Green, hands down!

Also, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Veronica Roth, Mira Grant, JK Rowling, Lauren Destefano, Maureen Johnson, and wayy more amazing authors!

message 22: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments Christopher Moore

message 23: by Notelppa (new)

Notelppa | 12 comments John Flanagan and Brent Weeks

message 24: by Petronėlė (new)

Petronėlė (limitlessliterature) my favourite authors are generally the ones whose books i grew up reading and continue to write today. it's great to be able to relate to recent issues and age groups. for example, my favourite authors will always be Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare. there's also the fact that they inspired me to write.

message 25: by Esther (last edited Feb 21, 2013 11:22PM) (new)

Esther (eshchory) Jasper Fforde, Jane Austen, Dan Abnett,Agatha Christie, Amy Tan, J.K. Rowling.
As a child I used to hoover my way through the works of favourite authors but now my reading is so eclectic that although I loved books like The Time Traveler's Wife and The History of Love I'm not sure I can name their authors as favourites when I haven't read any of their other books.

message 26: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 43 comments Currently love reading books by Maria V. Snyder,Gillian Flynn, and Chevy Stevens.

message 27: by Shoe-mena (new)

Shoe-mena Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling, Veronica Rossi, Rae Carson, Kristin Cashore, Amy Bartol, Rebecca Donovan, Julie Kagawa, Richelle Mead, Rick Riordan, Tammara Webber and MORE AAAAAH too many good authors!

message 28: by Liat (new)

Liat (liatbrecher) | 23 comments Elie Weisel, Victor Hugo, Pat Conroy and Ayn Rand (not in any specific order)

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 190 comments Oh i see Nitzan and Rebecca and thanks for telling me that

message 30: by Roberta (last edited Apr 02, 2013 12:15PM) (new)

Roberta Reynolds (mama1030) | 3 comments PC & Kristin Cast, Carrie Jones, Claudia Gray, Julie Kagawa, Karen Hawkins, Heather Graham, Bec McMaster, Sally MacKenzie, Katie MacAlister, and getting into Dean Koontz & Keri Arthur.

message 31: by Angel (new)

Angel My all time favorite is probably Clive Barker. I really like Stephen King, Thrity Umrigar and Lisa See

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Diana Gabaldon
Gerald Durrell
J.K. Rowling
Farley Mowat
Stephen King
John Saul
L.M. Montgomery

message 33: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) Margaret wrote: "Diana Gabaldon
Gerald Durrell"

In my late teens and early 20s I read nearly all of Gerald Durrell's books. Very entertaining!