Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

General Discussions > What Is Your Favorite Genre?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) | 671 comments Mod
Mine would have to be Fantasy, YA and Paranormal? Ohh, and romance - because I'm a girl and therefore I am allowed to love it :>

What are yours?

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 56 comments I love to read biography books

message 3: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 50 comments Mine's YA, Fantasy and Romance. Pretty similar to yours, Nitzan :) But Paranormal's not my cuppa tea.
Oh, and I love reading about different aspects of the Mahabharata (an Indian epic).

message 4: by Katie (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:06AM) (new)

Katie (kayteaface) I love epic fantasy and fantasy in general. I've really been enjoying some YA contemporary romance lately, too, and adult mystery thrillers.

message 5: by Ruman (new)

Ruman Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Action!!!

♥ Rebecca ♥ I love paranormal and high fantasy romance.

Dr. Anubha Sharma (thebibliophiledentist) | 3 comments umm i love adventure, ya, fictional and nicholas sparks books!!

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 56 comments I like to read romance books

message 10: by Margot (new)

Margot (margot-livingtoreadfantasy) Anything YA or urban fantasy, horror, dystiopia, psychologic drama. Anything with letters inside it, really xD

message 11: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (last edited Sep 25, 2012 04:44AM) (new)

Mar *How I see it reviews* wrote: "Anything YA or urban fantasy, horror, dystiopia, psychologic drama. Anything with letters inside it, really xD"

Wow! You read horror books? I'm going to give one horror book I've dying to read a try, but for the most part: I'm a coward. You're amazing xD
Oh, yeah, I love letters! Especially when they come together into sentences and then paragraphs and pages :D

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 56 comments I don't read horror books

message 13: by Ruzina (new)

Ruzina (usershow5549736-rose) | 73 comments YA!! paranormal. Fantasty...And i like to read bits of others too! like scary stuff with lots of killing and kick ass people! Like HP and HG and MR!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 56 comments I love to read ghost books

message 15: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Scary ghost books or The Mediator and The Ghost and the Goth kind of ghost books?

message 16: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments Comic fantasy

message 17: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

You're like my favorite uncle then. He's got a lot of sci-fi on his shelves.
I have quite a bit myself, because I've got a huge box of Asimov and the likes, but I haven't actually read any of it, I'm ashamed to say :/

message 18: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (cheekylover) | 6 comments Right now it's Adult Books in general plus a bit of things like vampires and some werewolf ones.

message 19: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I love vampires and werewolves, though almost every book now seems to have them :/
Have you read Patricia Briggs books such as Alpha and Omega? Those are adult + werewolves and vampires, so I think you'll like them!

message 20: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (cheekylover) | 6 comments Nitzan wrote: "I love vampires and werewolves, though almost every book now seems to have them :/
Have you read Patricia Briggs books such as Alpha and Omega? Those are adult + werewolves and vampires, so I think..."

I haven't read those but now you have me interested.

message 21: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Then check them out!
Alpha & Omega A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs (start with this one as it happens an hour before the Alpha and Omega series officially begins and Cry Wolf, the first in the series, is really confusing without this novella)
Or start with Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs , Briggs other series of werewolves and vampires :]

message 22: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments I'm planning on reading Briggs soon. I thought about starting with the Mercy Thompson series. Which one do you like more? How are they different?

message 23: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) Dystopian futures have been a favourite genre for a while and space-based scifi. But I have also recently discovered military scifi.

message 24: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Jon wrote: "I'm planning on reading Briggs soon. I thought about starting with the Mercy Thompson series. Which one do you like more? How are they different?"
My favorite is Alpha and Omega. The Mercy series is told from her point of view, whereas A&O are from third person, allowing insights on Charles and Anna (the main characters) as well as others in the stories, which I love.
Also, for me Mercy's beginning was really slow. I only really got into it on the third or forth book. Alpha and Omega was love at first sight, and I love every bit of it. A&O is by far my favorite werewolf series.

message 25: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (cheekylover) | 6 comments Thanks Nitzan. I will.

message 26: by Eydís (new)

Eydís (eydis) | 4 comments Fantasy first and foremost, romance and paranormal YA.

message 27: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Good taste you've got there, Eydis :)

message 28: by Bian (last edited Mar 18, 2013 12:24AM) (new)

Bian My favourite genres are fantasy, thriller, murder mystery and adventure.

message 29: by Christen (new)

Christen | 11 comments I love YA, romance, paranormal, fantasy, thriller and adventure.

message 30: by Billy (new)

Billy Wong | 11 comments Fantasy with badass warrior heroines.

message 31: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

That's a great favorite genre, Billy ~wink~

message 32: by Bree (new)

Bree (breesc23) YA: fantasy, paranormal/paranormal romance, contemporary

I also love true crime books

message 33: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) Military sci/fi and dystopian

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I like all genres, and often read a variety of books.I prefer Fiction, but occasionally a Non-Fiction title will grab my eye. Lately I have found I have a preference for Historical Fiction, YA Fiction, and Horror.