The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > New Crime and Thriller Fan

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Edwards (markedwardswriter) | 6 comments Hi everyone - I'm new to this group. Well, tbh I joined while ago but hadn't posted until today. I read a lot of crime and thrillers - my favourite authors include Mo Hayder, Peter James, George Pelecanos, Dennis Lehane, Michael Connelly, Mark Billingham, Jason Starr, Val McDermid... I could go on and on.

A couple of great books I've read recently are The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood and Siege by Simon Kernick.

I'm also an author, published by HarperCollins. But first and foremost, I'm a reader. I write books because, well, I love reading.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Owens (maxxiiee) | 50 comments Mark wrote: "Hi everyone - I'm new to this group. Well, tbh I joined while ago but hadn't posted until today. I read a lot of crime and thrillers - my favourite authors include Mo Hayder, Peter James, George Pe..."

Mark wrote: "Hi everyone - I'm new to this group. Well, tbh I joined while ago but hadn't posted until today. I read a lot of crime and thrillers - my favourite authors include Mo Hayder, Peter James, George Pe..."

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Owens (maxxiiee) | 50 comments Hello Mark Iam new as of today too. WOW! You certainly wear a lot of different hats in the litersture area! What are some of your favorite books? I'm really glad I found this Web Page,.......hope to hear from u soon Nancy

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Whidden (dawn71753) Mark wrote: "Hi everyone - I'm new to this group. Well, tbh I joined while ago but hadn't posted until today. I read a lot of crime and thrillers - my favourite authors include Mo Hayder, Peter James, George Pe..."

WElcome to the club MARK.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Edwards (markedwardswriter) | 6 comments Thanks Nancy and Dawn. What are your favourite crime novels? Or any recent recommendations. I already have a huge pile to catch up on but always keen to hear about more.

message 6: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2121 comments Mod
Welcome Mark. Hold on to that huge pile - it's going to get even bigger here. Lots of great recommendations here. I like international mysteries and you might like Leighton Gage and Stuart Neville

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Whidden (dawn71753) DEMille is coming out with a new one. If you haven't read him, you must.
Captain by Thomas Block
Patterson, JD Robb...

message 8: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) | 2063 comments Mod
Hi mark. Welcome to the group.

message 9: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 3861 comments Mod
Hi Mark, Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy the discussions here and get many more author recommendations.