Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Fixing Delilah
This topic is about Fixing Delilah
❤ ARCHIVES > #1: Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler (Sep 24-30)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 21, 2012 02:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle This thread is for discussion on Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler.

If you include spoiler in your post, please let others know.

KindleCousins  (kindlecousins) | 21 comments Im excited...

Gisbelle Great :) only a few more days!

『Hailey』 | 8 comments Great! I have this book on my shelves for like forever but never had a chance to pick it up. Can't wait to start :)

message 5: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 21, 2012 04:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle It's my on TBR list since 2011 lol :) now I have reason to start too :)

Gisbelle I hope you guys are ready for our first weekly read together!!!!

Deepika (deepika3) I am... Starts tomo! :)
I <3 Sarah Ockler.

Gisbelle I'm new to her work, so I hope it's good :)

Deepika (deepika3) Haven't u read Twenty boy summer???Twenty Boy Summer

Gisbelle no not yet. How was it?

Deepika (deepika3) Awesome. I cried like a baby.

Sapir | 94 comments Just started reading.
I can't wait to discuss it with you guys :D

Gisbelle I haven't even started yet... lol. I need to finish 2 books first :) I try to read and finish before Wednesday.

Deepika (deepika3) Sapir wrote: "Just started reading.
I can't wait to discuss it with you guys :D"

I started it!! :) Anyone else?

Trisha I just started too!!

Deepika (deepika3) Have u read any other book by Sarah Ockler?

Trisha I haven't..anyone else?

Gisbelle I'll start as soon as I finish my current read (I am half way through)

Trisha ~ how is it so far?

message 19: by 『Hailey』 (new) - added it

『Hailey』 | 8 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I'll start as soon as I finish my current read (I am half way through)

Trisha ~ how is it so far?"

same here lol I'll probably start tomorrow

I read her other book, Twenty Boy Summer. I only rated it 3 stars. Hopefully this book will be good :)

Gisbelle I'll start later today... I have papers to grade :( Working sucks lol....

Sapir | 94 comments I read it on my Kindle, and I'm 13% through (chapter 6).
So far I didn't really understand what the plot is about and where the romance is (there are no guys yet)... XP

Gisbelle Disappointing? lol ... I'll start soon and I'm about 70% in my current read and will start the book right after that!

Deepika (deepika3) Sapir wrote: "I read it on my Kindle, and I'm 13% through (chapter 6).
So far I didn't really understand what the plot is about and where the romance is (there are no guys yet)... XP"

Dont worry.. There will be a guy ;) I am 25% done... And its okay..

message 24: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 25, 2012 05:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "Sapir wrote: "I read it on my Kindle, and I'm 13% through (chapter 6).
So far I didn't really understand what the plot is about and where the romance is (there are no guys yet)... XP"

Dont worry...."

Is he hot? If so, dibs!!!! description ...lol

I almost finish my current read now... Cannot wait to start!!!

Deepika (deepika3) Hahahaha..! Its good.. Which one are u reading ryt now?

Gisbelle Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines .. it's for a buddy read. I am about 80% done now. So Fixing Delilah, here I come :D

Deepika (deepika3) Just finished it... Anyone else completed??

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "Just finished it... Anyone else completed??"

Really? I am only 1/4 in the book. I'll finish it tomorrow :)

Sapir | 94 comments Deepika wrote: "Just finished it... Anyone else completed??"
I'm not reading THAT fast... I'm 25% through.

This book reminds me SO MUCH of Second Chance Summer and The Last Song. These two books are very good, but how many times can I read a book about a girl spending her summer with her family in a place she haven't been to for a long time, meeting her now-hot childhood friend? I really hope the plot will get a little more original as I keep reading.

Trisha Yes, I finished it yesterday too, Deepika!

And I'm in total agreement with Sapir! The story isn't all that original.

I'll be interested to see what you guys think when you're done!

Deepika (deepika3) I thought so too!!
I expected more from Sarah Ockler after Twenty boy summer. It could have been so much more..!
It was like all the Sarah Dessen books!
Summer.. Family Drama.. Boy.. Love..(view spoiler) Nothing original!

message 32: by KindleCousins (new)

KindleCousins  (kindlecousins) | 21 comments Its blah so far

Gisbelle I try not to read the previous comments X) I'm half way through so I hope to finish it soon :D It reminds me of my childhood...

message 34: by 『Hailey』 (new) - added it

『Hailey』 | 8 comments I'm starting. Interesting chapter 1 lol. I didn't know this is a book about spending summer time with family (hey that's like her Twenty Boy Summer book too)

Gisbelle 『Hailey』 wrote: "I'm starting. Interesting chapter 1 lol. I didn't know this is a book about spending summer time with family (hey that's like her Twenty Boy Summer book too)"

I haven't read her other books, but I think I am going to like this one :) I love how she told the story. It's easy to understand.

Gisbelle I finally finished the book description
I love Patrick.. Well, yes, I am always a sucker for boys who play musical instruments and he can also sing, which is even better.

Deepika (deepika3) Yup..!! I love guys who play guitars! :P
How was the book?

Gisbelle I liked it! I loved that my prediction was not correct. (view spoiler) I hate books that are easy to guess what happens next.

message 39: by Trisha (last edited Sep 27, 2012 04:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha I think I would have liked it more if it was about 100 pages longer. I wanted more story - more background about the mom and the aunt and more of Delilah digging up history. More pages to understand where everyone was coming from.
I did like it, I just think I could have loved it if I'd just known a little more of the characters.

I didn't guess that particular secret either (I agree that I pondered your idea too!!) but I had a feeling something was off with what the mom was saying. :)

Gisbelle You are right, Trish. The book didn't tell us much about the other characters.

Deepika (deepika3) Gisbelle wrote: "I liked it! I loved that my prediction was not correct. [spoilers removed] I hate books that are easy to guess what happens next."

I thought the same!! I thought she was Steph's daughter too!!!

Gisbelle Of course... She even looked like Steph.

Deepika (deepika3) Yup.... and the way she thought about her aunt always...
Anyways.. I just love Sarah Ockler writing style!

Gisbelle I have to read her other books :) I don't know why but I don't like Delilah very much. :P

Deepika (deepika3) Nobody did :P
But she is a good author.
I am sure U will like Twenty boy summer. Maybe we can add it to our weekly read!

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "Nobody did :P
I am sure U will like Twenty boy summer. Maybe we can add it to our weekly read!"

Sure why not? but we have 11 weeks planned out already. And I don't think I can wait til then XD

Sapir | 94 comments Why is it taking me so long to read this book?
I'm only 60% through.

Deepika (deepika3) Gisbelle wrote: "Deepika wrote: "Nobody did :P
I am sure U will like Twenty boy summer. Maybe we can add it to our weekly read!"

Sure why not? but we have 11 weeks planned out already. ..."

Hahaha!! We need to have two weekly reads to complete our to read list..
The quote is so true.. "So many books,so little time."

message 49: by Deepika (last edited Sep 28, 2012 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deepika (deepika3) Sapir wrote: "Why is it taking me so long to read this book?
I'm only 60% through."

Hahaha...!! Enjoy! :)

Gisbelle Sapir wrote: "Why is it taking me so long to read this book?
I'm only 60% through."

Savor the moment, Sapir. :D We can discuss when all of us finish.

« previous 1