Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Audiobooks

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:46AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Here you can recommend audiobooks to others :)

I kinda need audiobook recommendations right now...hehehe... So feel free to share.

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I favorite Audiobooks are Harry Potter series narrated by Jim Dale.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I need rec!!! Please!!!! :) I am low on audiobooks and need rec so I can go get some more lol.

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 24, 2012 10:21PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black Black Heart (The Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black

Okay, so I did this whole series on audio books. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jesse Eisenberg as the reader on this one.

If you look him up on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251986/
You can see the movies he's done. He totally sold this series to me. :)

I finished the third book today....and I already miss it. he is the best reader I've heard so far.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 24, 2012 10:20PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I also really like Sarah Dessen's books as audio books too!

I've done:
The Truth About Forever (I really loved this one!!)
Just Listen: a good audio book, but it took me a little while to get into the book
Keeping the Moon

I've also done:
Good in Bed as an audio. It's an adult book and much more fluffy chick lit. but it was pretty funny
P.S. I Love You: Another adult book that I loved!!! It had both a girl and boy doing voices and it was just great! (and I cried so much in my car while driving to this one!!!)

finally:
The Knife of Never Letting Go: now, I loved loved loved this book. I thought the story was engrossing and it was AWESOME as an aduio book because it really took you into the "noise". But, not everyone liked this book....so make sure you like it before you jump into buying it!

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 24, 2012 10:27PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I also did:

Life As We Knew It as an audio book. nothing special, but it's a very good scary dystopian type book.

and

Feed I thought this was great as an audio book because he receives a "feed" so you would be mid sentence and suddenly a commercial or advertising would jump in on the audio. But, it had quite a bit of cussing and it had strange lingo.

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments LOL!! Now I'm just bombarding you! Hopefully someone else pipes in now :D

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Trisha :) I am sure going to get some of these :D I have Percy Jackson audiobooks on hand now. So once I finish listening to them, I can get some more :)

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am listening to The Forgotten (Puller, #2) by David Baldacci . Love the sound effect and multiple narrators.