Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Larissa Ione

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee | 3 comments Hi everyone,
Larissa Ione has two new book coming out and I get to interview her for blogtalkradio. Would any of her paranormal fans like to be a part of the show?

Chat w/ Larissa Ione, author of the Demonica Trilogy to discuss her upcoming books DESIRE UNCHAINED and PASSION UNLEASHED on Blogtalkradio 2/27 @ 1PM ET. Call-in (646) 378-0039 http://fly2.ws/Demonica

If you have questions for the show you can email me and I'll send you a free book. renee.supriano@hbgusa.com

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Ohhhh!

Very cool :D

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee | 3 comments Tricia, will you be joining us for the blogtalkradio event?

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Feb 06, 2009 02:11PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments I am pretty sure yes :) I will be working that day so I cant say for 100% sure but I am definitely going to try and make it!

I emailed you some questions also :)

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee | 3 comments terrific!.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

If I can get home from work in time, I'll definetly be joining. I love her books! Now I just need to think of a question for Larissa that she hasn't already answered, LOL.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome author, one of the most talented newbies in the genre! If I don't make the show, give her big virtual HUGS from me!!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 16 comments I just finished up the first and I'm totally in love with her story. Can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd in the series. Her plotlines and characters are a breath of fresh air and the steam is super steamy!!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic A great BOM (Book of the Month) pick. Love the characters, setting and writing style. That does not often happen with me and new authors. I will email questions I think of and try and tune in 2/27.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 07, 2009 07:32PM) (new)

Larissa also writes a part of the Sydney Croft duo. I've often wondered just how that works, so impressive. Do they both brainstorm and decide on an outline, and one person writes the dialogue. How do they work the division of labor and still get a quality product? I'm totally in awe of the creative teamwork involved!

message 11: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 15, 2009 07:55PM) (new)

Jennifer | 16 comments I found Desire Unchained at my local Books A Million today (shhhhh...I think they put it out early by mistake). Now I've got to finish what I'm reading to get started on this one!!!

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Jensicotte wrote: "I found Desire Unchained at my local Books A Million today (shhhhh...I think they put it out early by mistake). Now I've got to finish what I'm reading to get started on this one!!!"

Oh jealous! :P

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments Oh I'm so jealous that you have it already. Let us know if it's good.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 16 comments Oh man...ladies you are going to LOVE this. I posted a little review if anyone is interested.

message 15: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Ahh where is the review? I didnt see it on the website you initially posted.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 16 comments Tricia wrote: "Ahh where is the review? I didnt see it on the website you initially posted."

Sorry...I meant I posted a review of the BOOK in on Goodreads account.

message 17: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Ah :)

I dont tend to read too many reviews because alot of them have spoilers I rather not read hehe

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 164 comments I waited too long to start reading Desire Unchained (book 2 of the series), and now I'm a little fuzzy on some of the details from the first book. My biggest confusion is about the timeline. Does Desire Unchained's timeline overlap the first book, or does it follow the end of the first one?

message 19: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments The second book isnt out for me here where I live yet. So I dont know! lol

message 20: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 164 comments I've gotten a couple more chapters into book 2 and now have the answer to my own question - aside from the flashback that opens book 2, the rest of the novel takes place a few months after the end of book 1. So now I'm just a little confused about the traitor that worked at the demon hospital - I thought she was dead, but she is alive at the beginning of book 2. Am I confusing two different characters, or did she just run away in book 1 instead of dying as I vaguely remember? I enjoyed book 1, but the details didn't make much of a long term impression on me...

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments Wow Anita I am so jealous I stopped at the bookstore on the way home to see if they put it out and I got the old come in tomorrow UGGG. I need my books :>

Anyway if memory serves Lori was the traitor that I recall and she did not work at the hospital she was the one married to Kynan and allegedly having relations with Wraith. The only person from the hospital that I recall dying was Yuri and that was a man oh and the vamp chick whose name I forgot but she was attacked in the beginning. Is that at all helpful?

message 22: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Lori was killed.... Because I remember Kynan being upset that she was.. even though I didnt understand why (since she betrayed him).

Unless I read that part wrong, I am going to go back and reread the end to be sure.

message 23: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Feb 23, 2009 04:06PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HUGE SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok ya Lori is dead. Jagger stabbed her with a dagger (then she stabbed him back) then Kynan comes in and finds them and finishes Jagger off.

Page 384-385:

"Lori". Kynan's strong hands rolled her from her side to her back. "Hold on. Please hold on."

"No". Weakly, she grasped his wrist. "It's over. Just.. know..." She sucked in a gurgling breath. "I did it for the cell. The money."

"You were in league with demons for the money?"

Demons? She shook her head. "Orders came from an Elder. We caught the demons. Left them at the zoo. Money was wired into our account."

Kynan cursed. "It wasn't the Elders giving the orders and paying you... it was demons. You were taking orders from fucking demons"

"No," she whispered, "no." Oh, God, to have gone through all of that, to have betrayed The Aegis, her cell, Kynan...for demons.

She shivered. "Cold...so...cold..."

Kynan pulled Lori into his arms as her life drained away. When he'd arried at the house, led by the tracking signal he planted on Jagger at the zoo, he'd thought he hated Lori. Thought he could kill her. But when he saw her bleeding, on the verge of death, all he could think about was saving her.

As an Army medic, he'd seen it all, had breathed in the foul stench of lifeblood and bowels as he patched up guys he knew damned good and well weren't going to make it for ten more minutes. As a Guardian, he'd sewn up wounds as horrific as any caused by IED's. But nothing had prepared him for seeing his own wife holding in her guts with one shaking hand.

She went limp and her eyes glazed over and goddamnit he wanted to cry like a fucking little girl. Instead, he set her gently on the floor. He didnt spare a glance at Jagger's crumpled body in the corner of the kitchen as he pulled a cell phone from his pocket. With a flick of his thumb he popped it open.

Thirty-nine, thirty-eight, thirty-seven...

He dropped the phone next to Lori and strode out of the house.

message 24: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments So, having posted that.. and knowing not only that her life forced drained from her as he held her..and then he left the bomb there..
How can she be alive?

Also the Elders orders? I am sorta thinking Wraith even though I really doubt it can be him.. but am not the author so /shrug lol

message 25: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments To add to the spoilers... LOL.

*SPOILERS FOR PLEASURE UNBOUND*

There was a traitor at the hospital too. A human nurse named Paige who harvested demon organs in exchange for her drug of choice, black magic. She died, around chapter 20.

I'll have to brush up on the plot before I read the second book, but that's no hardship, LOL. It's very rereadable.

message 26: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 164 comments -------HUGE BOOK 1 SPOILERS------

I remembered Kynan's wife being the bad guy and dying, but I don't think she worked at the demon hospital - I think she was co-leader of the Ageis with Kynan and ringleader of the organ harvesting deal. I was thinking of the nurse at the demon hospital that the brothers figured out was their traitor/leak - the one that was performing the organ removals for the bad guys. Did she live and get away? Because I think that she's in the second book, but I really thought they killed her off in the first one. So is it a different nurse? Obviously, I no longer have the first book, or I'd just look it up.

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments That is what I was thinking he dropped the bomb (phone) but we don't really know if Kynan's wife is truly dead.

I forgot about Paige.

I so hope that Wraith is not behind all of this.

message 28: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Hmm I did also forget about Paige... Now I will have to reread! lol

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Spoilers for Unbound and Unchained*****
Yes, Lori is dead and Paige was the traitor at the hospital.

Unchained has a whole new traitor.

message 30: by new_user (last edited Feb 23, 2009 07:51PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments *SPOILER, AGAIN*

Yeah, the sneaky nurse in the first one died. She was "disposed of."

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) wow just found Desire Unchained @ Walmart yesterday

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 16 comments I'm not gonna offer up any spoilers, but I thought this was a lot darker than the first. I loved every livin' second of it though. Enjoy it for those who are just starting.