Young People Writing discussion

Writing in General > What is your choice writing software?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 116 comments Mod
What writing softwares do you use and which ones do you recommend?

The one I use to actually write is Scrivener. For those of you that have no heard of it, you really should check it out. It's an amazing program.

I use the iPad/iPhone/iPod app called 'A Novel Idea' for most of my outlining. It's such an easy program to use that keeps my thoughts really organized.

However, I am looking for another, desktop-based outlining program. Preferbably one that is great with character outlines. If you know any, I would love to know. :)

message 2: by Ivy (last edited Sep 21, 2012 04:24PM) (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments I use Scrivener and the website LitLift...I haven't been using Scrivener very long, but I think I like it! I love LitLift, because you can organize everything into folders. Your characters, your setting and your novel idea...It's actually really good for the character outlines. When you create a new character on LitLift, it will let you choose if it's a minor or a major character. Then you can fill out any of the following: Name, Description, Appearance, Background Information, Hobbies, Mannerisms, Education, and Occupation. Name has a first, middle and last name box. Appearance has boxes for the characters, weight, height, eye color, hair color and skin color...It's really great for keeping your characters orderly and not to get any of them mixed up.

EDIT: I use Microsoft Word when I write my book/stories...And of course poetry. The website and program described above are just how I organize and outline my books and stories :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh..microsoft word :P

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison (zomltrow) | 63 comments Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Uh..microsoft word :P"

Hahaha :) same here! (when I actually write that is....)

message 5: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 21 comments open office (the free version of word)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 116 comments Mod
I'm definitely going to have to try using that LitLift thing. It sounds pretty cool :P

I actually love using the notepad version of word for my outlines. It keeps them really organized :P

message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Bross (adriennebross) I used a demo of Scrivener for a little while, and I've used WordPerfect before, but I'll be honest and say that I'm pretty much just a MS Word girl.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Meram | 2 comments I use Pages. It's Apple's version of MS Word.