Kenyons Minions discussion

Chronicles of Nick > total YA question: Nick and Kody; love it or not?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not to fond over the Nick and Nekoda pairing. yeah I know Nick made a deal in order to svae Kody's life, because he loved her and all, but I think this is one of the least convincing pairings ever done but Kenyon. what do you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

*By Kenyon...despite re-reading I only see my errors after posting. sorry.

message 3: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments No prob. And in a odd sort of way I do think the pairing between them is a little off. As it is so clear that Nekoda is older than young Nick. And to be honest sometimes I feel it a bit pervy for her to be getting a kiss from him and all that. Just feels off. Maybe it'll get straightened out when we hit Nick's adult books.

message 4: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Sep 19, 2012 10:57PM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 349 comments I feel the same. I don't like this "pairing" at all and really hope Nekoda will disappear soon.

message 5: by Vassi (new)

Vassi | 8 comments Nick already deals with Artemis, even in these series
I want him paired with her, and this Kody thing should disappear. It would be nice of her if she finaly dyes, probably resulting in Nick becoming DH and turning his back on Ash, therefore saving Cherise life- not that I personaly care much about Cherise, but SK is constantly stresing on how imortant is she for Nick, so she could be his anchor and he will not turn to Ambrose...i could totaly accept if the books go this way. But if they are paired and Kody is his HEA...well...I do not like it at all :(

message 6: by Louise (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:01AM) (new)

Louise I don't like Kody too...in reason that she has a secret whether to kill him or falling in love with Nick, if she's part of "the source" since belam sounded like ...
I even preferred Brynna Adams to Nick but since Brynna is destined to have her HEA to another DH well...I really want Brynna for Nick, so unfair..so everything will go the expected one Artemis:)
I like Artemis with Nick its not only that they need blood with each other but something especial someday if SK will forgive Artemis and write her story:)

message 7: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Sep 20, 2012 07:21AM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 349 comments I don't want him with Artemis either. LOL

I can't stand Cherise. I never really cared about her but the CoN books made me dislike that character.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh this is cool. I did actually think that I was the only one didn't like her with Nick.

As for Artemis, well I'd like her with Ambrose, but not with Nick. ( not sure if that makes sense though)

message 9: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yeah I did think it was a bit of a perverted pairing. She is really older than him despite the fact that she looks like a teenager. No I dont approve of artemis either. I'd rather her live the rest of her immortal life alone with a temple full of cats. And I was sure it was pointed out in the Con series that Ambrose didnt care for Artemis anyway because she used him just like everybody else.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah it was ... but the thing ( in my opinion) was that at that time, Artemis was able to use Ambrose because of the fact that he had a single dose of humanity in him; kind of like how she was able to use Ash even though he was stronger than her.

Yet, when Ambrose does loose that last thread of humanity or whatever, and fully becomes the malachai, i.e. completely uncaring; I could see the tables turning on Artemis.

thats just what I think though lol.

message 11: by Tess (new)

Tess | 2 comments I definitely don't like this pairing. At all. My problem isn't even the age difference rather than Nekoda herself. I can't even put into proper words why I don't like her. But I really do hope she disappears eventually.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) I'm mixed emotions on this pairing.

message 13: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments deleted user wrote: "*By Kenyon...despite re-reading I only see my errors after posting. sorry."

you know when you click edit your comment goes back to pre-posting and you can change your mistakes, just FYI

message 14: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Ok, I have been thinking about this paring just because you guys all go so up and arms about it. I do understand where you coming from as in real life and such, but I have a few issues here.

First, it is fiction, these people are not real as much as they feel real for us (I include myself in here - although I am on the fence with Nick and the whole CoNverse).

Second, and that is beside the point that a lot of you don't like Satoria either (I am kind of neutral with her, don't find her an optimal Sig O for Ash, but hey, he has to live with her ;) ), it seems to me that a lot accept Ash being over 11000 years old to have a twenty-something as his wife, but I read a few comments how gross it is for a female demon who is (I believe) older than Ash to have feelings for a teenaged boy, who turns out to be at least half non-human as well. That is so judging by two standards!!

Third, as much as I like speculating about relationships theoretically, we don't know where SK is taking Nick in his own series. It is just the beginning and who of you can say they are still together with their childhood sweethearts? So only the writer godess knows, or maybe she doesn't yet, who Nick will end up with.

So in the end it comes all down to personal choices and means a lot of you wouldn't hook up with Koda as she is not your type or you have information about her (as reader you are lucky to be and screaming at Nick, who can't hear you, don't go there) that Nick doesn't have.

I am sitting tight and wait what will happen. All your screaming might be in vain. LOL

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Manuela, as usual you make good points. But by far I have to say some of the commentary in this thread is far more rational than some I have seen for most other books and characters at large. So in general I'm just thankful it is more than civilized and just readers commenting about the characters and world in general. Trust me you don't want to see some of the true reading nazis to come in for sure, lol. It can get waaaaaay nasty then for sure.

message 16: by Manuela (last edited Apr 12, 2013 01:10AM) (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Oh, I don't mean to hurt or offence anyone here and I believe you that there are some idiots out there who are only out to confront and harrass, but I assume (hopefully without making a donkey out of u and me) that SK fans are much more civilized than others ;), otherwise I wouldn't write on here as I don't like rude and nasty either. I am just pointing things out that have been said, eh written by some and as I said, I do understand where a lot of people come from but I am a 70ies child and have been raised on equality and without a too firm concept of sexual role modelling as what is good for the goose should be fine for the ganter and vise versa. So if everyone is fine that "old fart" Ash, who looks like in his early tweens is ok to have a human twenty something then a demon named Koda who is older than the "old fart" should be ok to make a move on a teenage Nick. Apart from a kiss nothing has happened (or did I miss something??? please tell if so). Nick also had an encounter with a charonte demon, Miss Simi!!!! He was how old? And how old is Simi? Oh and he is not even a full blooded human!!! Who knows what the legal consenting age for sex for Malachi is?

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yes, I like to think so too. But have been surprised at times myself. And not to beat a dead horse. Or say my opinion is more right than yours here Manuela. But as I said before it's not about the whole goose and gander thing to me. Because as I've always heard and been taught when you are grown you take on your own responsibilities and can be with whomever you want that is also grown as long as it is consensual and nobody is being harmed (i.e. Tori with Ash, which actually I thought Tori was somewhat older than 20 something even though she looked younger. Not 40's or so but like mid to late 20's or something. But still an adult to decide to be with Ash or not. Adult Nick and Simi is somewhat different too. Cause to the average person one would say when you are 100's of years old you are well past being an adult. But given how under wraps Ash has had Simi and how slowly she ages. In that situation he didn't have all the facts. And thought he was in a purely consensual adult situation with another individual). That being said, I frankly don't take into account how old Nick's half of demon self thinks he is cause he has powers. Him and Nekoda is not a balanced match whatsoever. May be consensual and on the surface not harming any one. But still she is someone older abusing her authority with him. Not only that but lying to him about her actual role in his life doesn't help either. And regardless of how fictional the story may be. I will never be into children having romantic relationships of any kind with adults.

At this point of things we don't know if they have any age/relationship constraints. Save for that first time Simi met her sister and how the sister was saying she is past the age of being more sexually active. So I think it would be a bit of a human ideal to say they would have an age of consent when demons take, grab, and do what they want if unchecked pretty much.

message 18: by Manuela (last edited Apr 12, 2013 08:14AM) (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments LOL, omg, I can't stop giggling "when demons take, grab, and do what they want...". Yes you are right, no unconsentual hanky panky with underaged (under 18), but still (niggle, niggle, nag, nag) didn't they just kiss? and wasn't it Nick, who took the initiative? I must have skipped that part if something more happened.
Why am I even argueing? I didn't kiss till I was 18, well, that's why I hardly read YA, because apart from holding hands and maybe a bit of lips touching nothing really happens.
CoN is pretty harmless, so far in the sexual area, but I think it is pretty cruesome when it comes to killing and using powers, abusing minors (mainly the teachers and the principal) and of cause the lying and omitting of important details.
Have I told you that I have more trouble to handle Cherise in these books than I had in the DH series?

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea they just kissed and I think Nick did initiate it. But come on, not like Nekoda is little bo peep and blushing and giggling all over and couldn't have said something to the affect of "what you thinking you doing little boy?" lol. After all doesn't every action have a equal and opposite reaction? Or is that only when doing physics stuff in a lab? :P

Oh there is some mature YA books out there these days with sex and such. But I still wouldn't read them. Cause even as an adult who knows and went to school with kids that were sexing it up everywhere in real life. I honestly can say I was never THAT attracted to someone in my teens or younger to be like "I gotta have sex with you or he is so hot I gotta do him". Not cause I was raised in a super strict/religious house or even went to any religion based schools. But the dudes I went to school with were so damn puny, acted like they knew more than the law would allow, got whole classrooms in trouble cause they would whistle, catcall, and taunt the freaking teacher. Definitely not anybody I was inspired to get jiggy with at all. And at the most I the one guy I thought was attractive, it was in a "he's cute" and smiling at each other kind of way but still not as over the top as some kids are today for sure.

And as for the violence factor. I would say this is kind of a contextual violence with in reason of a sort. And not as gruesome as in the Hunger Games. I read that trilogy and I swear I was left speechless a few times. I mean kids killing each other just to win rations for their districts from a tyrannical government. Just thinking about it breaks my heart all over again. Even worse they were even killing former winners as well from past games too. As in your granny level of old. Just was soo wrong to me. But I do agree with you on Cherise being harsher. But when you stop and think about it though, this version of Cherise isn't actually adult Nick's mother from his world. After all as it said in book 3 this is what the second or third try he has had at fixing things. As the other 2 times totally got screwed up. And we don't even know how those former screw ups likely changed and fragmented things off in this 3rd version of Nick's young life in the alternate universe. Probably do to all of adult Nick's messing around before. It totally skewed the balance from Nick having a normal loving mom. To a helicopter goblin monster mother or something that we see now.

message 20: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments my friends 14 year old daughter is into the hunger games. I haven't read them or seen a movie, so I don't know.
Yeah that dabbling of Ambrose in the time line is annoying and giving me a headache to think about it. I still have to read book 1, have read 2 and 3 now.
I had a couple of crushed when I was in school but my first boyfriend I met when I was 18.
It is close to two, I need to rest my eyes, I leave you with the helicopter goblin monster mother and say goodnight till we meet again...

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments HAHA, no truer words have been spoken on that last note there. Rest well Manuela. :)

message 22: by Deanne (new)

Deanne (deniseanne) | 55 comments deleted user wrote: "I'm not to fond over the Nick and Nekoda pairing. yeah I know Nick made a deal in order to svae Kody's life, because he loved her and all, but I think this is one of the least convincing pairings e..."

In the start for Infinty for me I thought this could be an alright pairing but as I read about the pair after three novels , I myself am not a fond of it as well .

message 23: by Louise (last edited Apr 12, 2013 09:39PM) (new)

Louise You know Nekoda is a lucky girl to be with Nick, but I can't find the attraction in them nor the chemistry:( as a reader, the couple should send me butterflies in my tummy, swoon worthy scenes, some cute cheesy banter to both of them, but there's non of it or did I just missed those parts. I really like the series despite the pairing, and whoever's gonna end up with Nick in the future together with his HEA is surely a lucky lucky woman:)
I really want Nick to meet his heroine more like an Ash and Tory or Val and Tabby version: the no inta love thing, remember the hammer throwing of Tory to Ash or Tabby stabbing Val kind of introduction:)
so far Kody is still a foil character, whether she's good or bad, but she is one of the important characters who will trigger Nick to full destruction.

message 24: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments Can we discuss Inferno here? Or is their a different thread for it?

Currently reading it and I am seriously trying to analyze and understand the series.

But my two cents here: I am not a fan of Nick and Kody. To me their is no chemistry between them. I really do not care about the age difference but we learn some shocking information about her in Inferno (well at least it was shocking to me). Plus I don't think she will be Nick's HEA, Kenyon has said that she is not who we think she is. On the Artemis note, I am a huge Artie fan and I can't wait till she gets her book, I believe many of the Artie haters will finally understand her when her book comes out. I can se Nick and Artemis, Nick seems to be influencing Artie in a good way.

Sorry if I annoy anyone but I really Dislike Tory and didn't feel the chemistry between her and Ash and I feel Ash has completely turned into someone else that I am not a fan of. I loved my tough Ash and Tory's personality is completely annoying. Sorry but just sharing my thoughts.

Last note: I am getting really confused with the CoN universe and the Dark-Hunters universe. Arghhhhhh!!!! I have so many questions!!!

message 25: by Louise (new)

Louise Adoore, in inferno's prologue Nick saw (view spoiler) and as for Artie hmm Idk I'm sure she'll get her book since more of her will be featured in Styxx book with her past:) Nick did taught her some humanity, ever read Retribution's bonus scene,yeah I cried for her unrequited love but I still hate her because "sorry do not fix anything", i dont know if she is using Nick 'cos of blood or just her boy toy, so far it is still unanswered.

message 26: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments Louise yes I read the scene you mentioned I am also wondering who it is.

I know Arite did some horrible things to Ash but I think we have only seen one side to the story plus Artie really did love Ash and I think she has proven her love for him in many ways. And I know sorry doesn't make wrongs better but it is a beginning.

I want to know more about Nick and Artie but it seems they will be part of each others life for a very longtime. I am looking forward to reading more about Artemis I want to learn more about her and her past.

message 27: by Louise (new)

Louise Adoore wrote: "Louise yes I read the scene you mentioned I am also wondering who it is.

I know Arite did some horrible things to Ash but I think we have only seen one side to the story plus Artie really did lov..."

there's gonna be a lot of her and Apollo on Styxx's book:)

message 28: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments oh we def need a thread for Inferno. I've been wanting to discuss for awhile now(the day of release lol) but I wanted to give everyone a chance to read it first

message 29: by Louise (new)

Louise News flash but I think this is old news lol :
Kody is from the future!!!

message 30: by Ruby Jo (new)

Ruby Jo (bookishlyruby) | 24 comments Okay I..hmmm... How to put this? I kind of think Kody is from the future, and if you've read (view spoiler) you should know who her parents are. But I don't think she's from the same dimension as "present" Nick. Remember when she keeps thinking about the other Malachai that she fell for and he betrayed her? Well... (view spoiler) That's why he has no idea who she is. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Savitar has no clue who she is either. Either he lied, but I don't see him doing that, or he honestly doesn't know who she is.

As for who the dark-haired girl is, I believe she's Tia. Remember how everyone believed she was supposed to be his HEA before they died? I think they'll end up together. They should end up together...

message 31: by Cora C (new)

Cora C | 32 comments Nick with Artemis please...not Tia...

message 32: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I just don't see him with Tia. I'm with Chiarana I would prefer him with Artemis.

message 33: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I don't think even Artemis would want him after how he snapped on her in the previous CON book. And if she did, I smell another round of punishing a guy for who he is while she rests on her lofty perch.

Don't get me wrong. Most days I want to believe that Artie is reedemable but damn she lives for the dramatic route more so than anybody at times.

message 34: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments We shall see what everyone thinks when Artie gets her book. I for one can't wait. Hoping to finish Ilusion this weekend.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments Guys lets not forget that Artemis would still hold feelings for Ash... I bet even Nick knows that

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments Besides the future that Ash saw of Nick marrying Tia was not real. Its just a side effect of a malachai hiding.

message 37: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Was it really said that it was not real? Cause I think it could have been true for him at that particular point in his timeline.

But as they always say, our destinies aren't exactly fixed. As any one choice could change the direction the rest of our lives take.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments that's what Caleb said in inferno

message 39: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hmm. I'll have to go back and read that. You recall what chapter?

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments hmmm.. I dont remember but I DO know it was in inferno

message 41: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments Ohh so it was never his destiny. Interesting.

message 42: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I still think for his human identity it could have been his fate to either be with Tia or a human love interest. Cause for a while there, we didn't really see any conflict going on in his life to dissuade from that direction. Hence I think for that timeline in his life could have been true.

But then the truth was revealed and then alternate universes and multi-attempts to change his outcome definitely changed the direction his life and love interest was taking.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments well since Nick is destined to be a dark Hunters no matter what. we can speculate that his chances for Tia were 0

message 44: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hey, given how many random hook ups they sometime have. Never know if he could have had her on the side for a time lol.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments well Nick slept Simi . Tabitha and Amanda found out. if Nick and Tia were on the down low. dont u think Tabitha and Amanda would have told their sisters?

message 46: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments True Nick and Simi did sleep together. Tabby sort of read between the lines and Amanda did find out along with Ash and well that was definitely a bad way for it to come to light.

But I think given the fall out and before she was killed off. I think maybe Tia could have kept things discreet, pending on how she actually felt about Nick. As I don't think the sisters always share everything unless pressed.

message 48: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Either the way though, will be interesting to see who his actual love interest would be. Cause if it does wind up being Nekoda. Then oh lordy will there no doubt be another fight for Nick there too. Given that Nekoda is Ash's niece. I swear damned if he do and damned if he doesn't either way.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments Well ash doesn't know about Kody yet . besides he didn't go berserk when he found out about Katra and Sin. granted she was already grown up but still.

plus Nekoda is already grown up as well

message 50: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I know, I was saying when Ash starts getting filled on all the pieces on who Nekoda really is. And yea that was different with Katra and Sin being grown up. But I think too there was some common understanding between him and Sin about Artie being manipulative with him about things. So there wasn't all that fire there.

But with Nekoda, even grown, she is the child of the brother he is growing to get close to. And no doubt he would be protective of her as she is part of his family and given what he is learning of Malachai, it ain't quite pretty. Although would be interesting to see what her mother says too.

« previous 1