Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

The Devil in Silver
This topic is about The Devil in Silver
Group Events and Giveaways > The Devil in Silver: A Novel by Victor LaValle Book Discussion*Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Sep 19, 2012 09:10PM) (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4746 comments Mod
Those who signed up for this giveaway should be receiving their books this week.

I am going to open the thread for discussion and we can work our way through this book through November 15th.

Jump in and chat about your thoughts as you get a chance.

*Action/Adventure Aficionados gives our thanks to Random House (specifically Erika Gruber) for the wonderful giveaways of this book.*

Ctgt I have received my copy and will dive in as soon as I finish my current reads.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) I'm still waiting on my copy... :-(

message 4: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
I have my copy too.

message 5: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Kevin wrote: "I'm still waiting on my copy... :-("

Hopefully this week.

I received mine.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Oops. Sorry Kevin. I guess you didn't get on the list for this one. I'll PM my contact and ask her to send you a copy. Sorry about that!

Ctgt Finished a few days ago. I really enjoyed the book. Not a typical AAA read, but I found it very thought provoking. A little bit of horror, some suspense and mystery wrapped up in a pretty tight narrative. Early on, it was interesting trying to figure out whether Pepper was actually seeing this devil; was this the drugs or was the building/atmosphere of the ward influencing him?

I thought the book really took flight once the cast of supporting characters was introduced. So many layers of differing personalities that formed little groups and the interaction between these groups just added so much to the overall story.

Like I said earlier, this is not a fast paced book, it has a sort of methodical pacing, but I never thought it slowed down to a crawl.

Thanks to Lady D and the publisher for sending us copies!

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Thanks for participating, Ctgt and everyone!

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) My copy just arrived...

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Glad to hear it, Kevin!