The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Russell Atkinson

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Atkinson | 97 comments Hi, everyone. I'm a new member. I love mysteries, but as a retired FBI agent, I roll my eyes at all the ridiculous portrayals of the FBI, the agents, or their methods and cases. I have written a couple of novels myself, but in deference to the anti-advertising request I will leave them unnamed.

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Russell. It must be tough reading about a subject you are well versed in, just as many of our members have noted when a setting or location they know well is missrepresented.

Feel free to post about your own work in the Author's Corner folder or In the Press, Blogs, and Sites.

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry Ambrose Hey Russell, welcome to the group. I agree with you about how misrepresented things can be in fiction of all forms. And I see that you write about what you know (took a peek at your page). Congrats on the good reviews!
Terry

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (wife2abadge) I know what you mean. As the wife of a deputy sheriff, I sometimes get seriously impatient with the ridiculous methods used in books.

message 5: by Russell (last edited Sep 29, 2012 10:37AM) (new)

Russell Atkinson | 97 comments Thanks, Terry
I looked at your page, too. You've good excellent reviews on Photo Finish. I liked working with bill collectors when I was in the FBI. Investigating deadbeats isn't much different from investigating criminals. They're often the same people. My second novel, Cached Out, is now out. It's more of a traditional mystery thriller than my first, which was a police procedural.