twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > New Moon Casting Rumors Dispelled

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
New Moon Casting Rumors Dispelled
Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 9:13pm

Twilight had just hit theaters when rumors began to swirl around who would be cast in New Moon. It has resulted in heated arguments and a lot of undue hype. It started with recasting then-director Catherine Hardwicke with Chris Weitz.

Next, it was Taylor Lautner versus Michael Copon. Then it was Vanessa Hudgens and Lucas Grabeel from High School Musical. And that's just the beginning. Dakota Fanning, Jodelle Ferland, Ian McKellen, Alan Rickman, AnnaLynne McCord; the list goes on and on.

And throughout all of this, no one has bothered to show any journalistic integrity to find out if these rumors are actually true! We've been following up on these rumors directly with the people who ought to know the answers. So, shall we take a look at what is fact and what is fiction?

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, and Taylor Lautner will all be reprising their roles in the Twilight franchise. The rumors surrounding Taylor were true; it was unclear even to Stephenie Meyer if he would be playing the part of Jacob Black, but Taylor came through in shining colors to prove he was the best man for the job.

Back when these rumors were being taken seriously, we interviewed Michael Copon to get his thoughts. He confirmed with us that he was never offered the part; that he was only being considered for it and that it was his belief that he would be the better Jacob. Personally, I disagree. As I stated in another article on a different topic, but still relevant to this situation, replacing characters from an existing franchise is a mistake.

We know that Vanessa Hudgens is not going to be in New Moon. Melissa Rosenberg, who wrote both films, told People Magazine at the 61st Annual Directors Guild of America Awards that Leah Clearwater, the part sought by Vanessa, does not appear until the third film. Another High School Musical star, Lucas Grabeel, has been rumored to be taking on the role of Alec. Lucas confirmed to us in an interview that he has not auditioned for the part and didn't even have any knowledge of the rumor until his girlfriend brought it up to him!

The only credible rumor to date is Dakota Fanning for the part of Jane. Although we have not received confirmation one way or another, the fact that Rosenberg was not willing to discuss it makes the rumor a little more valid. If it weren't true, she could have simply said so, like she did with Vanessa, but Rosenberg did not do that.

As for the others, they are hardly worth mentioning at this time. We'll continue to follow this story and bring you the facts rather than the fiction that many publications choose to write about. Here at PopStar News, we do not believe in idle gossip. And we strongly believe that reporting news should be done on a factual basis. If you want to know what's really going on, just check back with us; when we know something, so will you.

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Good. I hate Vanessa!

message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 5 comments makes to of us who don't like Vanessa. She wouldn't even fit the part of Leah Clearwater!

message 4: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i agree i dont like her. at all.

message 5: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments ya. me too.

message 6: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments She is NO WHERE near Leah!

message 7: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Yeah...she's way to sugary sweet to play leah...besides I don't want to have to hear her voice that much!!

message 8: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) yea ur right

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

YEAH, LEAH'S WAY TO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments so is leah gonna be in new moon??

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments i hope so!

message 12: by Laney (new)

Laney (laneybird) | 5 comments Ewww. Vanessa sucks. U know she used to go to my school in sixth grade? Yeah, some teachers said that she was, i quote, "Obsessed with being perfect". Some of my older friends says they remember her 2. :P

message 13: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

as far as I know Leah will not be in New Moon at all...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm sorry she wen't 2 ur old school. *moment of silence 4 ur poor teachers*

message 15: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) ooh that sucks