September 2012: Book for the Month discussion

Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades, #1-3)
This topic is about Fifty Shades Trilogy
Opinions please

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Corley Ok, so I know that I am way behind the fad on this, but I would really like to get some opinions on this series and if its something that I should put on my ever-growing seeming to never end TBR list!

Honestly, I've not looked much into the series, I just know that it is quite racy, which I am not offended easily so that doesn't bother me, but other than that I don't know much, but I do know that you guys are awesome and would like some opinions!

message 2: by Markie (new)

Markie Are you asking about Fifty Shades of Grey? I was very reluctant to read it but I was hearing so much about it from so many people that I had to give it a try!!! I got the free Kindle sample of the first book and I was hooked immediately!!! I ended up buying and reading all 3 books!!!

message 3: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Spaz_Girl) Personally, I have no desire to read S&M Twilight fan-fiction, but a lot of my friends have read it and enjoyed it.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Corley WOW...seems to be the same general consensus even across three different genre's of reading groups! Thank you so much!

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane (Jane037) | 8 comments Usually if there is a book or series that everyone is reading and talking about then I want to read it too because I think there must be something there. Harry Potter is a good example of books I read because everyone was reading them and they are great. I really enjoyed the Twilight series too. This series, although I did read it, was not my favorite. I thought the writing was juvenile. The main female character has the tendency to say "oh my" to every thing racy, and since that seems like every page you can imagine how old that gets. And then there is the witty banter between Ana and Christian such as "you look mighty fine Ms. Steel", and then a page later Ana says "you look mighty fine Mr. Grey". Relatedly, I bought "Fifty Shames of Earl Grey" by Fanny Merkin and I am thoroughly enjoying that.