The Random World of Reading discussion

General > Suggestions for Group Books

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Make suggestions on upcoming monthly books you would like to read.

message 2: by Jacky (new)

Jacky Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence
Just because it's sitting on my to read shelf at home!

message 3: by Nena (new)

Nena | 21 comments Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind

I really enjoyed this book. Someone else had suggested it to me in exchange for a romance novel suggestion. He enjoyed my selection of Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) by Suzanne Brockmann

Mind you that he doesn't normally read romance and I didn't really read fantasy at the time. Just a warning though it does get graphic in the writing.

message 4: by emily_oriley (last edited Oct 01, 2012 07:55PM) (new)

emily_oriley | 155 comments Personally, I think everyone should read The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Not even for the story - the little author notes are hilarious. Buttercup's Baby is sad, though....

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren emily_oriley wrote: "Personally, I think everyone should read The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Not even for the story - the little author notes are hilarious. Buttercup's Baby is sad, though...."

LOVE that book!!!!!

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 8 comments Hey group!
I think everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should read this series! Starting with this one. Read it if you desire to be a better person.
Starting with Bloody Jack Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack, #1) by L.A. Meyer

Sorry to sound so pushy, but this series has had me in tears for the past week.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren All suggestions have been taken into account :)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (stillyaspiemom) I finished Divergent not too long ago and it was WONDERFUL... right up there with The Hunger Games.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaml87) | 28 comments Mod
Night Road by Kristin Hannah I just read this and I absolutely loved it!!

message 10: by Nancy (last edited Nov 06, 2012 05:46AM) (new)

Nancy | 2 comments http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...

Just finished reading "Sapphire Blue" by Kerstin Gier. It is the second book in the Ruby Red Trilogy. It is such a good read. Time travel, mystery, adventure and romance all rolled into this series which will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next book in the series.

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina Foster | 1 comments Thank you for the invitation to join. However, I don't do assigned reading. I'm far too busy with my own books and those of my clients.

Tina Foster
www.FosterLiteraryAgency.com.

message 12: by Renee Lawrence (new)

Renee Lawrence Love Anthony by Lisa Genova , Still Alice by Lisa Genova , or Left Neglected by Lisa Genova . I have read all three of these books. They are wonderful quick, easy reads that still make you think. I would like to share these with the group and see how people feel about these books should you choose to make any of them a monthly read.

message 13: by Dione (new)

Dione Sage | 16 comments Amanda wrote: "Night Road by Kristin Hannah I just read this and I absolutely loved it!!"

I just finished that two weeks ago and loved it as well! Quick and good read

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaml87) | 28 comments Mod
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I'm reading this right now and it's sooo good...I'm having a hard time putting it down...I hope the rest of the series is this good!!

message 15: by Jacky (new)

Jacky Amanda wrote: "Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I'm reading this right now and it's sooo good...I'm having a hard time putting it down...I hope the rest of the series is this good!!"

Is that the book they've made into a film?

message 16: by Nena (new)

Nena | 21 comments Jacky wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I'm reading this right now and it's sooo good...I'm having a hard time putting it down...I hope the rest of the series is this good!!"

Is tha..."

Yeah it is

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Nena wrote: "Jacky wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I'm reading this right now and it's sooo good...I'm having a hard time putting it down...I hope the rest of the series is this g..."

ooooooo, I need to read the book before I see the film!

message 18: by emily_oriley (new)

emily_oriley | 155 comments Lauren wrote: "Nena wrote: "Jacky wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I'm reading this right now and it's sooo good...I'm having a hard time putting it down...I hope the rest of the ser..."

Recently finished the series -really REALLY great read. Absolutely looking forward to the movie ^.^

message 19: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Brown | 4 comments I've noticed most of the group is into fiction in one form or another. I wanted to suggest a nonfiction book for a change of pace. Close Ups & Close Encounters. No it doesn't have technical info,it is just a fun book to read with lots of interesting photographs. Close Ups and Close Encounters by S J Brown

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Are you folks still doing group reads? It seems like you got away from them for a while. I could make some suggestions but I'm not sure if you still want to do them.

message 21: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Melia | 1 comments If your looking for a good book you should give Sex In The Title by Zack Love ago. It is sooooo funny ;)

Synopsis
ew York City, May 2000. The Internet bubble has burst, and Evan's boss fires him with an email. The next day, his girlfriend dumps him, also via email. Afraid to check any more emails, Evan desperately seeks a rebound romance but the catastrophes that ensue go from bad to hilariously worse. Fortunately, Evan meets someone whose legendary disasters with females eclipse even his own.

To reverse their fortunes, they recruit their friends into a group of five guys who take on Manhattan in pursuit of dates, sex, and adventure. With musings about life, relationships, and human psychology, this quintessential New York story about the search for happiness follows five men on their comical paths to trouble, self-discovery, and love.

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Title-Comed...

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Lindsey wrote: "If your looking for a good book you should give Sex In The Title by Zack Love ago. It is sooooo funny ;)

Synopsis
ew York City, May 2000. The Internet bubble has burst, and Evan's boss fires him ..."

Completely agree! Great book!