Completists' Club discussion

Percival Everett
This topic is about Percival Everett
Authors E-H > Percival Everett

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patty (last edited Sep 28, 2012 01:28PM) (new)

Patty | 28 comments (I guess I should put these in some kind of order. I'll do it later.)

Fiction

Erasure
A history of the African-American people (proposed) by Strom Thurmond
Wounded
American desert
Glyph
I am not Sidney Poitier
Assumption
Damned if I do
God's country
Watershed
Cutting Lisa
Suder
Zulus
Big picture
Frenzy
The weather and women treat me fair
Grand Canyon, Inc.
For her dark skin
Damned if I do
The body of Martin Aquilera
The Water Cure
Percival Everett by Virgil Russell (forthcoming)

Children's
The one that got away

Poetry
Re: f (gesture) : poems
Swimming swimmers swimming : poems

Other
The Jefferson Bible
There are no names for red
Has no kinsmen

message 2: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments Kind of depressing how few of these I still haven't read. On the other hand, I came across two items I hadn't heard of before while I was compiling this list, so that's cool.

I have no idea, really, what "X" is, it was listed as "Fiction: Primary School" on WorldCat. I'm going to have to see if I can hunt it down.

I also have no idea what "Has no kinsmen" is, but it was listed under poetry with two authors, so maybe it's like "There are no names for red," which is a book of poems by Chris Abani, with paintings by PE on facing pages.

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments I liked Erasure and Wounded by Everett. I'm not sure where to go next. I prefer the angry satirical side of his personality, any tips?

message 4: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments Okay, that's bizarre. After further research, "X" is the spanish version of Erasure. Very strange that WorldCat has it filed under Primary School! Deleting it from the list. :)

message 5: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments MJ wrote: "I liked Erasure and Wounded by Everett. I'm not sure where to go next. I prefer the angry satirical side of his personality, any tips?"

"A history of the African-American people (proposed) by Strom Thurmond" is definetly angry and satirical, but it's also kind of surreal. It's incredibly funny.

Maybe I should reorganize the list by order of surrealness. I lean toward his more surreal stuff, myself.

message 6: by Dan (new)

Dan Wickett | 2 comments One more poetry collection:

Abstraktion Und Einfühlung

Another Fiction (novel):

The Water Cure

message 7: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments Oooh! Thanks, don't know how I missed the Water Cure! I'll update the list. I think that the poetry title is the German version of There are no names for red, which I have already listed (under "other" since it isn't Everett's poetry.)

message 8: by Dan (new)

Dan Wickett | 2 comments Patty wrote: "Oooh! Thanks, don't know how I missed the Water Cure! I'll update the list. I think that the poetry title is the German version of There are no names for red, which I have already listed (under "ot..."

Abstraktion Und Einfuhlung is his poetry -- it's a collection from Akashic:

http://www.akashicbooks.com/abstrakti...